Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Rhoads hired at UCLA to coach secondary.

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 10, 2017, 11:20:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

greenEGnHAWGS

Good for him. I'll be pulling for him as long as he's not in competition with the Hogs.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

RD

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: RD on December 10, 2017, 12:14:02 pm
UCLA likes 10 yard cushions eh?

He may not have to give 10 yard cushions at UCLA. I hope I remember to catch some UCLA play next year and see what there secondary is actually doing.

Birminghog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 10, 2017, 12:13:26 pm
Good for him. I'll be pulling for him as long as he's not in competition with the Hogs.

Me, too.

rljjr

Hawgey-Davidson

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on December 10, 2017, 12:51:31 pm
Welcome to Westwood Coach. Hide for cover.
And buy a fire extinguisher and 500' of garden hose ???

jgphillips3

He's a good secondary coach.  He'll do well.

PIGGTOWN HAM

He did that at Arkansas because he didn't feel he had the personnel to be aggressive and not get burnt consistently.

TrueBlue

Snout team

He is a much better coach than he is given credit on here. Lots of reasons for the struggles last year.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 10, 2017, 01:28:27 pm
He is a much better coach than he is given credit on here. Lots of reasons for the struggles last year.

Elaborate, please.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

HogHomer

Quote from: PIGGTOWN HAM on December 10, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
He did that at Arkansas because he didn't feel he had the personnel to be aggressive and not get burnt consistently.
Same story with Chris ash and Rob Smith had here as well. All under CBB. He handcuffed his coaching staff to coach his way. Which most head coaches do but when you are not the best tactically as a coach better to let your coordinators do what made them successful.

HawgPilot

RD

Quote from: HawgPilot on December 10, 2017, 01:39:59 pm
Anyone heard where Bert will coach next?
Daddy University.

He is probably taking a year off spend time with daughter, enjoy life a bit, lose some weight, etc. We put the man through hell.

onebadrubi

I agree.  We saw coach after coach do the same stuff, says it's head coach.

PR pulled some good db recruits.  He will do well out there

The_Iceman

He did a great job recruiting and developing our secondary.

Piggie

Quote from: HawgPilot on December 10, 2017, 01:39:59 pm
Anyone heard where Bert will coach next?

Let's see....in semi-recent history, most didn't do well after leaving us: Hatfield, Clemson to Rice; Crowe, South Alabama; Ford, the house; Kines, nope; Nutt, Ole Miss and nope; Petrino, Louisville; John L., nope. They all pretty much took a step down. Bret, Hmmmmm, let's hope he finds something cuz 11.5 million is a bunch to payout in full.
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Flrazrback

Just read that also, very happy for Coach Rhoads... Wish him much  success in that program. 

Inhogswetrust

Good coaches have to do what their personnel allows them to do.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dark Helmet Hog

Glad he was able to get another job. Good for him.

go hogues

This.

Unfortunately, the coaches can't suit up and play...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

3kgthog

UCLA will be boat racing people in two years. PR will just have to keep teams under 50.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 10, 2017, 02:18:56 pm
He did a great job recruiting and developing our secondary.

he was here 2 years.. I think the freshman CB's and safeties will be heard from before they are gone.. Paul did better than being given credit...

Now, had that been you as the coach, I'm sure we'd be so much better.

Hawgzinbowlz

Wildhog

He's a great DB coach and recruiter.  Wish we had kept him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

LZH

Smithian

Paul Rhoads did good work at Pitt and Auburn. I think our struggles on defense were more due to talent and just a collapse by the team as a whole.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Piggie on December 10, 2017, 02:25:04 pm
Let's see....in semi-recent history, most didn't do well after leaving us: Hatfield, Clemson to Rice; Crowe, South Alabama; Ford, the house; Kines, nope; Nutt, Ole Miss and nope; Petrino, Louisville; John L., nope. They all pretty much took a step down. Bret, Hmmmmm, let's hope he finds something cuz 11.5 million is a bunch to payout in full.

Crowe went to Jacksonville State.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 10, 2017, 04:33:18 pm
he was here 2 years.. I think the freshman CB's and safeties will be heard from before they are gone.. Paul did better than being given credit...

Now, had that been you as the coach, I'm sure we'd be so much better.

Read my post again.

PorkRinds

I believe if we had an OL and a decent offense Paul's defense wouldn't have looked so terrible. They were on the field the whole game. By the end of the game they were gassed and sick of watching the offense go three and out.

DeltaBoy

It is always nice to here when former staff gets new jobs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin