Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who made the best hire?

Started by ambien_sky, December 08, 2017, 09:41:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 10, 2017, 01:55:10 pm
Stop trolling. It is making you look really bad. But maybe that is your goal?

If Fisher couldn't get it done at Florida State with that talent level in a conference that really wasn't all that tough for many years, he sure isn't going to get it done at A&M.

Here are the recruiting rankings and the W-L records for each school by year.

FSU   W   L   A&M   W   L
2017    6      6   6     13    7   5
2016    3     10   3     18    8   5
2015    3     10   3     11    8   5
2014    4     13   1      5     8   5
2013   11    14   0      9     9   4
2012    4     12   2    16    11   2
2011    2      9   4     34     7   6
2010    8     10   4    16     9   4
2009   11     7    6    27     6   7
2008   12     9    4    16     4   8
2007   20     7    6    41     7   6

You act like you wouldn't give your right Nut For that many wins each year and a natty.  I think you are the troll. You actually just typed that he didn't "get it done"? Lol did I read that??? Lol

HamGrowsOnTrees

Back to the topic I still say ole miss did the best job. They didn't enter the coaching arms race this year and hired a guy that would bleed for them. He is the perfect place holder for the next two years for the sanctions to be gone.

Muskliketusk

1. Arkansas got the best football coach of the bunch and he's a legend in Texas
2. Florida got a pretty good un
3. FSU done got them a better coach
4. Tennessee done alright after they looked so dumb

100. A&M and UCLA overpaid for a couple of cheaters. Kelly just lucky he ain't gotta show clause.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Stonewall1953

It is impossible to grade new coach hires at time of hire (or force rank the coaches hired) if the intent is to predict the improvement in W-L record that the coach will achieve.    All you can objectively analyze is the past record the coach has achieved and the experience the head coach has on a big stage like the SEC.    Morris as HC made improvements at SMU with W-L record going from 5th to 4th place in the AAC in 3 seasons.  Steady improvement each year but not as dramatic as say Mike Norvell who took Memphis from 3rd to 1st place in AAC in 2 years. 
Most of the other coaches on this list are more proven and were thus given much higher salaries.    The best way to gauge relative coaching pay in my opinion is $/year/per SEC conference game win.     BB by this measure undoubtedly was the most highly paid coach in the SEC over his tenure.
That said I can't believe CM will be any worse than BB and hopefully he will be much better.     I like the fact he was associated with one of the best football programs in the nation at Clemson as OC so he knows what a good program should look like.    Also he may have better HS connections for recruiting in Texas than any HC the Hogs have had in many years.   Let's hope for the best and hopefully will look back at this coaching hire the way the Broyles hiring looked after taking the Hogs from 5th to 1st place in the SWC in his first 2 seasons.   
GO HOGS in 2018!