Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr. SEC: "Is Bielema a Fish out of Water?"

Started by WilsonHog, November 11, 2013, 06:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: LR54 on November 16, 2013, 12:27:17 pm
You seem to have somehow confused me with a Nutt fan. Not even close. Don't care any more about what Nutt did at Ole Miss than I do what Petrino is doing at WKU.

You're absolutely right that the SEC is tougher now than it was 7 years ago, or 5 years ago. Which is exactly what makes all this Bielema bashing even more absurd.

What started this whole line of posts was someone claiming that Petrino's offense was the only "winning success" Arkansas had ever had in the SEC. And that a pass happy offense was the only way for Arkansas to win in the SEC. And why CBB's style wouldn't work here.

A little fact checking quickly disproved those claims.

It's interesting that some are fine using Petrino's record as a tool to bash CBB, but cry foul if Petrino's record doesn't look clearly superior to Nutt's.

When possible factors for our current record under CBB are discussed, they're called "excuses". Yet those same "excuses" magically become "facts" when comparing Petrino's record to Nutt's.

I'm much more interested in moving forward with the coaching staff we have. The past is the best place to leave former coaches, all of them, along with the revisionist history that seems to follow them.
Now, I don't disagree with this post at all.  The Nutt to Petrino comparisons raised my hackles, I guess.  Maybe you're not related to Hootie after all.  :)

kaiserhog

Quote from: LR54 on November 16, 2013, 11:04:44 am
Nah, just having a little fun with numbers. It's actually a little repulsive to use Nutt's record for comparison. Which it why it's so surprising that Petrino's record isn't that much better.
Nutt peaked in his first year.  Well, maybe 2006 but he messed that up at the end.  Arkansas went from 5 wins to 11 wins in Petrino's four years. 

Hogwild

Quote from: kaiserhog on November 16, 2013, 01:12:39 pm
Nutt peaked in his first year. Well, maybe 2006 but he messed that up at the end.  Arkansas went from 5 wins to 11 wins in Petrino's four years.

He might have peaked in his first year, but he went out in style. Beating the national champs on the road in his final game.

Wants2Win

Quote from: Hogwild on November 17, 2013, 01:02:54 am

He might have peaked in his first year, but he went out in style. Beating the national champs on the road in his final game.
So that kind of makes us national champs...right?!?