Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tale of two seasons

Started by welchog, November 24, 2015, 12:17:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

Conference play is where the focus is here.  Not thought about this much, but looking back from last season to now, the worm seems to be turned for the Hogs.

2014-
TAMU- OT Loss.  Led most of the game and should have won.
BAMA- Loss.  Missed opportunities.  Outplayed Bama except for scoreboard.
MSU- Loss.  Could have forced OT, but came up short.
MU- Loss.  Missed opportunities.  BA hurt.

0-4 record.  2 we should have won (TAMU and Bama) and 2 we could have won (MSU and MU).

2015-
TAMU- OT Loss.  Almost same as 2014.
Aub- 4OT Win.  Multiple 4th down and 2 pt conversions ending in our favor.
OM- OT Win.  Should have won in regulation.  4th and 25 conversion.  2 Pointer to win.
MSU- Loss.  See-saw battle.  No defense on our side, turnovers on theirs.  Miss GW FG.

2-2 record.  1 we should have won (TAMU), 2 we could have lost (Aub and OM), and 1 we could have won (MSU).

Maybe our luck/experience will help the 2016 season and make it 4-0 in these situations?

DeltaBoy

We will have to wait and see how it pans out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

This defense doesn't work without pressure on the front end..period.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

scorekeeper

We return a more experienced defense next season, but the potential bummer is that we have to replace at least 4 from offense not counting J-Will.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Augustus

Quote from: welchog on November 24, 2015, 12:17:41 pm
Conference play is where the focus is here.  Not thought about this much, but looking back from last season to now, the worm seems to be turned for the Hogs.

2014-
TAMU- OT Loss.  Led most of the game and should have won.
BAMA- Loss.  Missed opportunities.  Outplayed Bama except for scoreboard.
MSU- Loss.  Could have forced OT, but came up short.
MU- Loss.  Missed opportunities.  BA hurt.

0-4 record.  2 we should have won (TAMU and Bama) and 2 we could have won (MSU and MU).

2015-
TAMU- OT Loss.  Almost same as 2014.
Aub- 4OT Win.  Multiple 4th down and 2 pt conversions ending in our favor.
OM- OT Win.  Should have won in regulation.  4th and 25 conversion.  2 Pointer to win.
MSU- Loss.  See-saw battle.  No defense on our side, turnovers on theirs.  Miss GW FG.

2-2 record.  1 we should have won (TAMU), 2 we could have lost (Aub and OM), and 1 we could have won (MSU).

Maybe our luck/experience will help the 2016 season and make it 4-0 in these situations?

Yeah, I wish we could have gotten at least Austin more playing time this year.

MSU will regress, with Dak gone.
I think Auburn will stay about the same.
A&M?  I have no idea... they could be much improved next year or they could be about the same.

Ole Miss is probably going to be better next year. They may be scary.

Obviously it's way too early to tell... I just hope our QBs keep coming along. Whichever one is going to be starting

HogimusMaximus

A tale of two reasons, grit and grind.

Bubba's Bruisers

Expect to take step back offensively next year, no doubt.  Replacing a lot of production.  Allen, JWill, Collins, maybe Henry, Tretola, and probably Kirkland.  Hopefully the defense will be improved enough to bridge some of the gap.

2017 has lots of potential, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2015, 05:07:54 pm
Expect to take step back offensively next year, no doubt.  Replacing a lot of production.  Allen, JWill, Collins, maybe Henry, Tretola, and probably Kirkland.  Hopefully the defense will be improved enough to bridge some of the gap.

We are going to be worse?  Oh brother.

Hogarusa

New QB will mean some growing pains. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Augustus

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 24, 2015, 05:07:54 pm

Aren't we also losing Smothers at Center?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Augustus on November 24, 2015, 05:25:08 pm
Aren't we also losing Smothers at Center?

Yes.  I didn't want to throw anymore gasoline on the fire.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15