Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanksgiving day

Started by Darth Piggy, November 23, 2015, 01:15:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Piggy

Anyone know what Fayetteville restaurants will be open thanksgiving day. Grub's is my son's favorite, and I know they're closed.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

RazrRila99

Isnt there an AQ Chicken in Fayetteville now?  They used to be open for Thanksgiving in Springdale.

PorkRinds

Bottoms Up usually has a thanksgiving spread available that would rival any restaurant in the area...

popcornhog

Quote from: Darth Piggy on November 23, 2015, 01:15:50 pm
Anyone know what Fayetteville restaurants will be open thanksgiving day. Grub's is my son's favorite, and I know they're closed.

The first year that LSU played in Fayetteville (2012, I believe), our entire family did Thanksgiving at Fred's Hickory Inn. It a was really good, thanksgiving style meal. It's in Bentonville, about 15 minutes north of Fay.

http://www.fredshickoryinn.net

WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 23, 2015, 01:28:19 pm
Bottoms Up usually has a thanksgiving spread available that would rival any restaurant in the area...

Lolz
WPS

LRHawg

I have it on good authority to stay away from the roast beef though...

PorkRinds

Quote from: LRHawg on November 23, 2015, 01:33:49 pm
I have it on good authority to stay away from the roast beef though...

The clams and salmon aren't very fresh either.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 23, 2015, 01:34:58 pm
The clams and salmon aren't very fresh either.

Yeah, they smell rotten, I'd avoid the fish tacos, too.

itshogsbaby

Not sure how it will be, but I believe Emilia's on Dickson is doing something on Thanksgiving.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: RazrRila99 on November 23, 2015, 01:18:50 pm
Isnt there an AQ Chicken in Fayetteville now?  They used to be open for Thanksgiving in Springdale.

Apparently, they still do . . . do the link

http://www.aqchickenhouse.com/

PEtrader

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2015, 01:32:35 pm
The first year that LSU played in Fayetteville (2012, I believe), our entire family did Thanksgiving at Fred's Hickory Inn. It a was really good, thanksgiving style meal. It's in Bentonville, about 15 minutes north of Fay.

Closed for remodel after fire I believe.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

chaz

The convention center in Springdale used to have a great buffet, but I don't know if they still do.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

onebadrubi

Isn't that a buffet though?  NO one likes all you can eat buffet's where everyone has their hands all over the goods.

bennyl08

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 03:18:35 pm
Isn't that a buffet though?  NO one likes all you can eat buffet's where everyone has their hands all over the goods.

On the plus side, you can save money on drinks with a BYO policy...
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

DLUXHOG

I'm sure all of the "stop and slops" are open............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PEtrader

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 23, 2015, 04:39:11 pm
I'm sure all of the "stop and slops" are open............

Exactly like Bottoms Up which has already been mentioned.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PEtrader on November 23, 2015, 04:43:01 pm
Exactly like Bottoms Up which has already been mentioned.

Honestly I was referring to what I call "stop and slops", you know the places where you bring the whole fam damily in a Suburban, pile out and slop the kids and wife at the all you can eat salad/desert/mystery bars......  like uh... Ryan's, Golden Corral, etc.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

BPsTheMan

Big Daddy

Quote from: popcornhog on November 23, 2015, 01:32:35 pm

Fred's is about 30 minutes north of the stadium.

zumhog

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Big Daddy on November 23, 2015, 04:57:38 pm
Fred's is about 30 minutes north of the stadium.

Fred's burned down almost 2 years ago and it's still being rebuilt.  Not open yet to my knowledge, but it looks close.  We go by it daily.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.