Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Brandon Allen get the credit........

Started by MissippHog, November 23, 2015, 11:33:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

Quote from: HotlantaHog on November 23, 2015, 11:52:15 am
He got lots of credit on the ESPN broadcast. He will be remembered fondly by Arkansas fans after he graduates and/or moves to the NFL ... it is a shame that he won't be associated with any ''special'' seasons -- a Sugar Bowl, or SEC Championship game or 10-win seasons. But even Hogville at this point would have to admit that he has become a terrific QB.

That's a very good point... if BA does get drafted (and I think he will) & goes on to have a successful NFL career (or, at least makes the Plane on time)... several of the BA haters will most likely be cheering him on in the years to come.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 10:28:38 pm
It's not cool to play that game, cherry picking stats like that.

Last year we had a top 10 defense.  Consistent with what CBB produced at UW, and something Bobby won't produce.

Well you don't do cool so,

We can argue but I believe we would have more top offenses under Petrino than top defense under CBB simply because of our ability to recruit offensive talent vs defensive talent.  With Enos as OC we shouldn't have much trouble fielding a potent offense.  We will alway have trouble fielding a top ten defense.

TeufelHog

hogninja

Not in any way comparing him to Brady, but wasn't he drafted in the 6th round?  We see Brandon's talent developing year by year.  Give him some stability and good coaching, we can already see the throws he can make.  Who knows, the next level is always a crap shoot. :razorback:

MissippHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 23, 2015, 10:54:21 pm
Well you don't do cool so,

We can argue but I believe we would have more top offenses under Petrino than top defense under CBB simply because of our ability to recruit offensive talent vs defensive talent.  With Enos as OC we shouldn't have much trouble fielding a potent offense.  We will alway have trouble fielding a top ten defense.
And yet we had one of the best defenses in the conference last year.

immahog

I have so much respect for BA not just as a player but as a person. This young man has been to hell and back with our program. He has had what 3 OC ?? The BP/ John L nightmare. To having the state turn on him an stupid ppl burning his truck. What I love the most is not once did he speak on the negative crap or take a shot at the fans who turned on him. BA you are a winner in my book we have been blessed to have you.
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: MissippHog on November 24, 2015, 04:44:40 am
And yet we had one of the best defenses in the conference last year.

And this year we don't.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 23, 2015, 10:54:21 pm
We will alway have trouble fielding a top ten defense.

Really??  How is it that you know this?

The point was with CBP we were NEVER EVER EVER going to have a top 10 defense.

We've already had one with CBB, and that was with somewhat limited talent on that side of the ball.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 24, 2015, 09:43:09 am
Really??  How is it that you know this?

The point was with CBP we were NEVER EVER EVER going to have a top 10 defense.

We've already had one with CBB, and that was with somewhat limited talent on that side of the ball.

The point is we didn't need top ten defenses with Petrino and we don't need top ten defenses with the offenses CBB and CDE are capable of producing and that's a good thing because we aren't going to have great defenses consistently. 

How do I know this? I know our history, I knew our recruiting, and until that changes and we aren't pointing to yesterday's stats that you say aren't cool, that is what I have to go on.  Do you think projecting future stats is cool?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 24, 2015, 01:17:26 pm
The point is we didn't need top ten defenses with Petrino and we don't need top ten defenses with the offenses CBB and CDE are capable of producing and that's a good thing because we aren't going to have great defenses consistently. 

How do I know this? I know our history, I knew our recruiting, and until that changes and we aren't pointing to yesterday's stats that you say aren't cool, that is what I have to go on.  Do you think projecting future stats is cool?

You could be right, I guess.  Still, I've not seen anyone win the SEC with a mediocre defense, and that's CBB's charge.

We can obviously win with great offenses and mediocre defenses, I mean it's being done in every other conference out there, cept maybe the BIG.

And I would also agree it's an uphill climb to consistently produce top 10 defenses at Arkansas, due to recruiting realities, but I really do believe that CBB will get us there in time.  I believe our defensive has improved, it just has to improve another little bit.

And I think Robb Smith is the guy who will run those defenses IF IF IF IF we can sign the guys we need to.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 24, 2015, 01:22:47 pm
You could be right, I guess.  Still, I've not seen anyone win the SEC with a mediocre defense, and that's CBB's charge.

We can obviously win with great offenses and mediocre defenses, I mean it's being done in every other conference out there, cept maybe the BIG.

And I would also agree it's an uphill climb to consistently produce top 10 defenses at Arkansas, due to recruiting realities, but I really do believe that CBB will get us there in time.  I believe our defensive has improved, it just has to improve another little bit.

And I think Robb Smith is the guy who will run those defenses IF IF IF IF we can sign the guys we need to.

Sounds about right. I do believe CBB and CRS will field a better more consistent defense than we have seen in years if the players they recruit pan out, but we need some speed guys.