Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pass, fail, incomplete: SEC QB grades in Week 12

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, November 23, 2015, 06:27:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

November 23, 2015, 06:27:46 am Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:52:39 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Brandon Allen continues to impress people inside and outside the conference with his gutsy performances.

The hottest QB in the SEC (nation?) turned up the heat in the second half, nearly rallying Arkansas to victory behind a school-record 7 TD passes. His seventh TD pass gave him 63 in his career, breaking Ryan Mallett's school record.

Then there is this:

Dak Prescott played arguably the best first half by any SEC QB this season ... only to watch Brandon Allen top him in the second half.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-qb-grades-week-12/
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Nice.

A UA win might have won BA the first team all-SEC QB slot. Dak Prescott had a comeback win for the team and for the all-SEC team. Second place is pretty good, though, for BA considering half of this board thought he should be second team. SMH
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 23, 2015, 07:25:14 am
Nice.

A UA win might have won BA the first team all-SEC QB slot. Dak Prescott had a comeback win for the team and for the all-SEC team. Second place is pretty good, though, for BA considering half of this board thought he should be second team. SMH

Oh heck, second team? Many thought that he wasn't even good enough to be a Div I QB. Lots of folks are gladly feasting on crow right now.
Go Hogs Go!

Steef

PIGmalion

Had any of you told me 6 weeks ago that I was going to say what I'm about to say, I would have disparaged your heritage, said something bad about your mother and probably shot your dog. (Let the crow clear my throat) What are we going to do next year without BRANDON ALLEN?

The most unbelievable turn around I could have imagined seeing. Best Razorback quarterback play I have ever seen.

cc

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2015, 07:29:48 am
Oh heck, second team? Many thought that he wasn't even good enough to be a Div I QB. Lots of folks are gladly feasting on crow right now.

The Auburn game seemed to really be the turning point.  What would his numbers be if he had a real QB coach like Enos last year or year before?  It took a few games this year to hit his stride and when he did, it has been great to watch.  He has had so many different coaches that it has to have been very difficult on him.  The guy is all Hog and has been a great representative for our program.  I'm glad he is going out putting up these numbers.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PIGmalion on November 23, 2015, 12:23:38 pm
Best Razorback quarterback play I have ever seen.
as much as I loved matt jones running around like a crazy man, and Mallett launching artillery shells deep into the secondary, and Tyler Wilson completing side arm passes right before getting pummeled by half the defense, Allen as played the best I have ever seen since the bye week.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 23, 2015, 12:41:28 pm
as much as I loved matt jones running around like a crazy man, and Mallett launching artillery shells deep into the secondary, and Tyler Wilson completing side arm passes right before getting pummeled by half the defense, Allen as played the best I have ever seen since the bye week.

This. BA has been putting on clinics.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hogsanity

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 23, 2015, 12:44:04 pm

This. BA has been putting on clinics.

Some of us have been saying for 2 years if BA ever had a weapon other than HH we would see he is a really good Qb. Now that he has 5 legitimate guys to throw to, he is showing his talent. As a Qb in the SEC it is hard to complete passes when no one is open, and that was the case for much of his career. I am glad for him, and I hope he gets a shot in the NFl. He seems like he could be a backup for a long time, which is not a bad gig if you can get it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LRHawg

Good job BA. Both defenses got absolutely torched, and it came down to the last minute. Sucks we lost, but life moves on.

The Kig

BA has been hitting Madden level, video game fun for several weeks.  Didn't think he had any shot of passing Mallett, but at this pace he could obliterate the record in the next 2 games. 

With the rough ride that kid has had to take over the past several seasons, it really warms my heart to see him finish his career on such a high note.  Granted, some of the criticism was on point and much of it was completely in left field. 

I bet Senior Day will be a complete emotional meltdown.  CBB will unable to find words and tears will flow freely. 

Congrats to BA on his career and NEVER giving in to the pressure!
Poker Porker