Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ark/ MIZZOU score

Started by reddogjcss, November 22, 2015, 07:03:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddogjcss

reddogjcss

It's a short week I'm not worrying about loss anymore time to get ready to Beat MIZZOU, I got my tickets and ready for senior night. BEAT MIZZOU

Dionysos25

"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

popcornhog

WPS

DiamondHogFan

Hoggish1

helmet

razorbackchamps94

hobhog

Missouri has a good D.

Hogs 28-9

HSVhogfan2

"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Razorfox

TexomaRazorback

westside_player

Their score will be interesting because their offense is horrible and our defense is just as bad. If we turn it over a couple times deep in their territory like MSU did with us, it could go down to the wire. With this being Pinkel's last game you can expect their defense to play as hard as they can to send him out with a Win kind of like we did with Nutt at LSU in 2007. Their defense has played well.

For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game and predict we have a couple costly turn overs and their defense plays lights out.

24-20 Missouri.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: westside_player on November 22, 2015, 10:27:46 pm
Their score will be interesting because their offense is horrible and our defense is just as bad. If we turn it over a couple times deep in their territory like MSU did with us, it could go down to the wire. With this being Pinkel's last game you can expect their defense to play as hard as they can to send him out with a Win kind of like we did with Nutt at LSU in 2007. Their defense has played well.

For some reason I have a bad feeling about this game and predict we have a couple costly turn overs and their defense plays lights out.

24-20 Missouri.

Nutt resigned three days after the LSU game. They didn't know he was leaving. They played that game because they were on the field with #1, were angry about the Miles PC (possibly), and knew they were better than their record showed.
This is my non-signature signature.

westside_player

He told them before the MSU game

gmarv

is their offense better than lsu?----hogs 31-14

BorderPatrol

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: westside_player on November 22, 2015, 10:27:46 pm

24-20 Missouri.

Mizzou's offense is ranked #124 in the country. Our defense, as porous as it has been of late, is better than their offense. I know, that may be difficult to wrap your mind around given how poorly the defense played against Miss State, but I believe that to be true.

Their defense on the other hand, is probably the second best defense that we have faced this year. They are #23 in rush defense (125.9) and #12 in passing yards allowed (175.4). That said, they haven't faced any offense this year that averages more yards of total offense per game than us. This should be a good match-up.

Both teams have a lot to play for in this game. Missouri is playing for bowl eligibility, their Seniors and for Pinkel. The Hogs are playing for hopefully a better bowl game, for their Seniors and retribution for last year. Being in RRS helps.

Their average margin of loss has been 10.8 points and they are 0-3 on the road vs. SEC teams.

I can't see us losing this game but anything is possible on any given game day.
Go Hogs Go!

Dr. Starcs

I would imagine pinkel will throw the kitchen sink at us offensively.

Must be aware of trick plays.

mizzouman

mizzouman

As bad as the defense has looked at times this year, Mizzou' offense will make it look like the Steel Curtain.

code red

Mizzou will score points.  This could be another loss for us.  This defense is the absolute worse defense I have ever seen play at RRS.  As stated in other posts...they don't even get run over slowly.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

mizzouman

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 07:52:08 am
Mizzou will score points.  This could be another loss for us.  This defense is the absolute worse defense I have ever seen play at RRS.  As stated in other posts...they don't even get run over slowly.
Ah, no.  Mizzou will not score much at all.  It will be like 35-10 Hogs if not a bigger spread.

code red

90 % Rain...there defense is legit.  I am tapping the brakes after last weekend. 
Mizzou 28
Arkansas 27
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

helmet

Quote from: BorderPatrol on November 23, 2015, 06:54:24 am
Have you seen their O???

bp
We have seen far inferior teams light up our D. Hopefully that won't happen Friday. Not holding my breath thou!!!!

JaketheSnake

Not worst defense overall we have had. Just seem to have some no show games and don't really have a standout this season.

jkstock04

Quote from: mizzouman on November 23, 2015, 07:47:39 am
As bad as the defense has looked at times this year, Mizzou' offense will make it look like the Steel Curtain.
What type of offense does Mizzou run? I haven't really seen them play this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

code red

Quote from: mizzouman on November 23, 2015, 07:57:44 am
Ah, no.  Mizzou will not score much at all.  It will be like 35-10 Hogs if not a bigger spread.
Your wrong.....they will throw the hitch, tunnel and smoke screens we can't tackle...we can't pressure it will be close real close.

code red

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 23, 2015, 08:00:45 am
Not worst defense overall we have had. Just seem to have some no show games and don't really have a standout this season.
Yeah....which ironically vs. finesse spread teams.  We could be 3-8 easily.  IMHO I have not seen a worse one.  Which year is worse than what we have seen this year??

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 07:52:08 am

Our defense is geared to stop an offense that doesn't exist in too many places anymore -- LSU and to an extent, Bama.  A spread offense with an accurate, mobile QB, is an offense we're not so good at stopping. Add the hurry-up element, which limits our subs, and we are suffering more. I think our DL is relatively good at stuffing the run.  And should get better. Our interior DL of Hodge, Jackson, Johnson, Froholdt are solid, but not that good at disrupting the pass, at least not the quick pass.  The loss of Philon hurts there. But only Hodge is a senior. Perhaps the other three improve in that area.  Our DEs -- Beanum, Winston, Ledbetter, Wise --  did fine against the drop back game of LSU, albeit against a QB that is not that accurate. Thank goodness Mizzou's QBs are not accurate.  They'll look better against us, but better enough? I don't think so. Can our DEs improve by next year? I don't know. Agim will help here.  Would be nice to get another like him or even remotely like him.

LBs?  We need more. We need quick.  Everyone talks about wanting Bama-sized backers not converted safeties, but given the number of spread teams we're playing, maybe converted safeties are the way to go. Meanwhile, we're young here, and improvement could come.

Safeties and CBs? -- Fairly young here too. Maybe some improvement will come, but an upgrade or two would help. Is Hammonds a Honey Badger type? Could he play both ways?

EFBAB

DCimport

I hope everyone on the team is PO'd enough where it's going to be nothing less than a curb stomp.  Either way, there is no way Mizzou out scores what LSU did to us.

hogsanity

Mizzu just can not score, which means they will probably get 14-21 on this defense. Their D is pretty good, but I am not sure they have faced a Qb or receiving group like the Hogs gave. The weather is looking nasty too, so Ill go hogs 31-17.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan45

Mizzou will most definitley score points on this defense but not enough.

Brandon won't be denited on his SR day.

Ark-35
Mizzou-28

hogcard1964

Two horrible defensive teams.  Hogs win in a shoot out in overtime.

Hogs 54
Missouri 51

Potosihog

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 23, 2015, 08:02:55 amWhat type of offense does Mizzou run? I haven't really seen them play this year.
Spread--hung--prairie dog  Kryptonite to our D. The good news is they have been horrible against everyone else.  They have struggled to score more than 9 points and most points have been FG.  They have a very good defense though. We won't be scoring 50 points this week.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2015, 08:17:46 am

Hogs 54
Missouri 51

We are horrible on defense but they are actually pretty good defensively.
They held Tennessee to 19 and held Miss State to 31 points. UGa beat them 9-6.

Im hoping Mizzou doesnt finally break out of their offensive funk against us.

DiamondHogFan

They don't have a Dak.  Our defense will LOOK much improved against Mizzou's offense.

Our offense can score on any defense...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 08:04:06 am
Your wrong.....they will throw the hitch, tunnel and smoke screens we can't tackle...we can't pressure it will be close real close.

They average giving up 2-1/2 sacks and 7.3 TFL Allowed per game. This is not a good offensive line and for a spread team that allegedly throws the ball quickly and uses misdirection in their run game, they sure give up a lot of negative yardage and only average 291 yards of total offense per game and their QB averages a 51% completion rate for about 10 yards per completion, 7 INT's to 4 passing TD's and all of that in the 11 games in which he has played, 7 of which he has started.

Never say never, but I'm not all that worried. I'm pretty sure our defense isn't thinking that way though.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 23, 2015, 08:25:57 am
They average giving up 2-1/2 sacks and 7.3 TFL Allowed per game. This is not a good offensive line and for a spread team that allegedly throws the ball quickly and uses misdirection in their run game, they sure give up a lot of negative yardage and only average 291 yards of total offense per game and their QB averages a 51% completion rate for about 10 yards per completion, 7 INT's to 4 passing TD's and all of that in the 11 games in which he has played, 7 of which he has started.

Never say never, but I'm not all that worried. I'm pretty sure our defense isn't thinking that way though.

All good news. We aren't good against spread teams but maybe playing against a terrible QB will help.

mizzouman

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 23, 2015, 08:02:55 am
What type of offense does Mizzou run? I haven't really seen them play this year.
We don't run an offense.  That's the problem.

mizzouman

We can't throw, we can't catch and we can't block.  Don't worry.  Big Hog victory.

jry04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2015, 08:17:46 am

Hogs 54
Missouri 51
You really don't watch football much, do you?

Missouri has one of the best defenses in the conference. Anyone saying Mizzou has a terrible defense is blind or doesn't watch football outside of Arkansas.

It also blows my mind that people think Mizzou will put up 28+ on us. Our defense is bad against spread teams who have good QBs. Texas Tech, MSU, and Ole Miss all have future draft picks at the QB spot. Mizzou has TERRIBLE QB play, and lack the weapons those other teams have. They don't play with the same tempo that these other 3 teams play with. Missouri averages 14 ppg. They scored 13 points on that same MSU defense we put up 50 on. They scored 30+ one time this year, and it was against SEMO in week 1 with Mauk.

Tigers 17
Hogs 38

jry04

It doesn't matter if you don't have explosive playmakers on the outside, or a QB who can get it to them. They average 14 ppg for a reason. Watch them play...

I have seen Lock throw at least 4 or 5 passes 10 feet out of bounds on a tunnel screen in each game they have played. The kid gets rattled, as is very inaccurate. He has completed just 50% of his passes for 4 TDs and 7 INTs. They may have more success than they generally do, but they will still be lucky to score 24.

hogcard1964

Quote from: jry04 on November 23, 2015, 08:29:38 am
You really don't watch football much, do you?

Missouri has one of the best defenses in the conference. Anyone saying Mizzou has a terrible defense is blind or doesn't watch football outside of Arkansas.

It also blows my mind that people think Mizzou will put up 28+ on us. Our defense is bad against spread teams who have good QBs. Texas Tech, MSU, and Ole Miss all have future draft picks at the QB spot. Mizzou has TERRIBLE QB play, and lack the weapons those other teams have. They don't play with the same tempo that these other 3 teams play with. Missouri averages 14 ppg. They scored 13 points on that same MSU defense we put up 50 on. They scored 30+ one time this year, and it was against SEMO in week 1 with Mauk.

Tigers 17
Hogs 38

You're right, I stand corrected.  I looked at Kentucky's numbers as opposed to Missouri's.  They'll still score a lot on us.

jry04

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2015, 08:45:07 am
You're right, I stand corrected.  I looked at Kentucky's numbers as opposed to Missouri's.  They'll still score a lot on us.
What is a lot? Missouri won't score more than 24, and that isn't a lot.

RazorChuck

Razorbacks-77

I wish the Team Hated Pizzou as Much as I do-0.

bkjbearcat

I don't get all the sandbaging for this game.

MU players and their fans for that matter couldn't even be botherd to show up for GP's last home game against Tenn.I suspect that many of the non-SR players just want to finish out this season and find out who will be the next HC.

Is our D bad, sure. Is their O bad, yes. But AR is playing for something. MU blew the playing for GP line against BYU. MU's Freshman QB is so shell shocked from this season it might take him years if that to recover.

This shouldn't be a game.

Hogs 34, Spike Lee University 14.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogcard1964

Quote from: jry04 on November 23, 2015, 09:09:52 am
What is a lot? Missouri won't score more than 24, and that isn't a lot.

I think they will.  I'm still predicting a high scoring game.  This isn't going to be fixed over 6 days.