Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The much maligned Brandon Allen has been a stud down the stretch

Started by Tideboy, November 22, 2015, 04:13:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tideboy

Hats off to this young man.  Good luck the rest of the way and in your bowl game.  RTR / WPS
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j160/Tideboy/tideboy1.jpg

"For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see for myself, and my eyes shall behold, and not another" (Job 19:25–27).

presidenthog

I really feel he should get first team all sec. if we had won last night I think he would have gotten it.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: presidenthog on November 22, 2015, 04:17:49 pm
I really feel he should get first team all sec. if we had won last night I think he would have gotten it.
Yea, sadly I think Dak wrapped it up last night.

FrozenHam

I am amazed by the play of BA.  I was a critic of his play in the first half of this season, and was resigned to him being a better game manager than he was last year, but not a gamer.  He has proven me wrong.  He looks like one of the best quarterbacks in the country right now.  Prescott is definitely among the best also.

ShadowTheHedgehog

We will miss him next year. Fortunately whoever comes after BA will have an easier time with all the studs coming back. There will still be a drop off. But Enos has shown that he can coach QBs.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I think he's the best quarterback in the country right now.  I would not trade him for anyone.  He deserves 1st team all SEC and he certainly deserves to be drafted and deserves a spot on an nfl roster.  He has put us on his back so many times this year.  Still a shame he didn't get one more chance to put us on his back last night.  He deserves all the attention and praise after what he's been through.  In my mind he will go down as one of the greats and certainly the most resilient player we've ever had. 

BallHog1

Quote from: OTR on November 22, 2015, 05:08:13 pm
I think he's the best quarterback in the country right now.  I would not trade him for anyone.  He deserves 1st team all SEC and he certainly deserves to be drafted and deserves a spot on an nfl roster.  He has put us on his back so many times this year.  Still a shame he didn't get one more chance to put us on his back last night.  He deserves all the attention and praise after what he's been through.  In my mind he will go down as one of the greats and certainly the most resilient player we've ever had. 
Your opinion changes like the wind...kind of funny really. But not really

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: BallHog1 on November 22, 2015, 05:10:26 pm
Your opinion changes like the wind...kind of funny really. But not really

It really does. 

I've been driving the bandwagon for weeks.  Been calling us the best team with an average record in history.  Been predicting wins on the road and guaranteeing victories when no one else did.

The decision making at the end of the game changed my mind about us last night. Simple as that.  I knew we were going to blow it and did.  The funny argument I keep reading is that if we had scored a touchdown they just had too much time and would have scored one to win it.  That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard.  Score a touch down with 50 seconds left and make them beat us.  If they go down and score a td then we deserve to lose.  But don't over strategize and diminish the odds of us winning by taking the ball out of the hands of the hottest player in the country two of the last three week.  Maybe the hottest player in razorback history over a three game stretch. 

Oh well.  I'm going to the Missouri game Friday with my son.  Can't wait to see the game.  Wish I knew of a good place to eat before the game.  Might start up that thread this week.  In my opinion there is no such thing as too many food threads on hogville. 

BPsTheMan

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 22, 2015, 05:33:26 pm
JD China

chicken fried rice to go
get that hot red sauce

I've eat there but won't again. 

Doubt I'm gonna be too hungry Friday before the game after thanksgiving gluttony that is usually pretty significant and serious. 

I hope it's cold and raining cats and dogs Friday. 

reddogjcss

He has played great down the stretch, he deserves ALL SEC ALL NATIONAL

jkstock04

Quote from: OTR on November 22, 2015, 05:23:49 pm
It really does. 

I've been driving the bandwagon for weeks.  Been calling us the best team with an average record in history.  Been predicting wins on the road and guaranteeing victories when no one else did.

The decision making at the end of the game changed my mind about us last night. Simple as that.  I knew we were going to blow it and did.  The funny argument I keep reading is that if we had scored a touchdown they just had too much time and would have scored one to win it.  That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard.  Score a touch down with 50 seconds left and make them beat us.  If they go down and score a td then we deserve to lose.  But don't over strategize and diminish the odds of us winning by taking the ball out of the hands of the hottest player in the country two of the last three week.  Maybe the hottest player in razorback history over a three game stretch. 

Oh well.  I'm going to the Missouri game Friday with my son.  Can't wait to see the game.  Wish I knew of a good place to eat before the game.  Might start up that thread this week.  In my opinion there is no such thing as too many food threads on hogville. 
I think you should combine a weather and food thread together...and start it tomorrow. That'd be really neat.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MushroomCloudHog

I have blasted BA a bunch of times. Eating words hasn't ever been such a pleasure and I mean that honestly. He has MADE me turn from a hater...into a fan/believer. I'm very happy for him. He has gotten knocked down tons of times and has gotten up ever damn time. He has that WARRIOR SPIRIT! WPS

Kevin

That is why it is disappointing he did not get a chance to put the ball in the endzone on the last drive
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

goneal

He's played lights out the last three games, I must admit. He's a solid 2nd team All SEC behind Prescott. But, he IS behind Prescott. He's the most experienced qb in the SEC and up until the second half of this season, he has been inconsistent and average at best. And lets not forget, he's played in every quarter of every game this year. He's been left in when the subs should have been given an opportunity to get on the filed. As far as best in the country? You're not watching anything but SEC games. There are some very good qbs around the country. Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, UCLA, Michigan State and Stanford to name a few. Baylor, TCU and Michigan States are (or have been) hurt, but even their replacements are not too shabby. Again, I'll admit he has made me eat my words the second half of the season, but its been too little too late top make him out as more than he is.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

gchamblee

Quote from: goneal on November 22, 2015, 07:44:44 pm
He's played lights out the last three games, I must admit. He's a solid 2nd team All SEC behind Prescott. But, he IS behind Prescott. He's the most experienced qb in the SEC and up until the second half of this season, he has been inconsistent and average at best. And lets not forget, he's played in every quarter of every game this year. He's been left in when the subs should have been given an opportunity to get on the filed. As far as best in the country? You're not watching anything but SEC games. There are some very good qbs around the country. Oklahoma, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, UCLA, Michigan State and Stanford to name a few. Baylor, TCU and Michigan States are (or have been) hurt, but even their replacements are not too shabby. Again, I'll admit he has made me eat my words the second half of the season, but its been too little too late top make him out as more than he is.

BA being recognized as an exceptional talent and leader shouldn't ruin you as badly as it does. he will be gone next year so you will at least have some relief next year.

Razorfox

It's amazing that he is probably going to surpass Mallett's single season records from 2010. He may not get the yards, but he only needs 3 more TDs to tie him there. And will certainly have less INTs in the process. Great stuff and proud of him.

Beaverfever

Happy for BA.  I've cursed his name more times than I can count but I always liked him and was proud that he was a hog because he always came back swinging.  Anybody who's been beat down as much as him and still manages to get the last word has earned my respect.  He's played some awful stretches of football but he never blamed anybody else or said woe is me.  Congrats BA, tear it up Friday. 

Michael D Huff AIA

BA has made a believer out of me.  He has played like a world beater the second half of this season.  I was labeling him a "game manager", the sort of QB that isn't going to win you a game, but could lose one.  I've stopped calling him that.  Wish he had found his stride earlier in the year. 

Happy for him that he's the TD record holder now.  That stat surprised me when they announced it the other night.