Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proud of this team

Started by reddogjcss, November 22, 2015, 01:54:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddogjcss

These guys play with heart, basically a sophomore team and future is bright.
We can pick this and that and say should of could of but they gave there all in every game.
I think we will beat MIZZOU and win our bowl game.
Coaches are doing a great job also.
It's amazing what one year can mean to players and the ones coming back will be much better next year. Steve Atwaters first year was terrible, he got beat more times than not and his second year u could see the all pro he was. It happens over and over. This year D was young! Plain and simple, next year they will be grown up. Katy bar the door.
I have not seen one game this year that the players and coaches did not do there very best and that's all u can ask of any man.
That's my thoughts on season and the future.

arkansasrazorback

I'm not too proud of the team.  We lost 4 games that should have been wins.  They do fight hard anytime they get down but that doesn't matter to much for me.  I want W's, not moral W's.  The fact is this is going to be a 7 win team with talent of a 10 win team.  I seem to remember winning games we weren't supposed to and losing games we weren't supposed to in the recent past.  I was never sold on Bielema and still am not even close to being sold.  He needs 2 or 3 more years to prove it.  Hope he proves me wrong, but I believe we are a perennial 7 to 8 win team under Bielema.

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:16:33 pm
I'm not too proud of the team.  We lost 4 games that should have been wins.  They do fight hard anytime they get down but that doesn't matter to much for me.  I want W's, not moral W's.  The fact is this is going to be a 7 win team with talent of a 10 win team.  I seem to remember winning games we weren't supposed to and losing games we weren't supposed to in the recent past.  I was never sold on Bielema and still am not even close to being sold.  He needs 2 or 3 more years to prove it.  Hope he proves me wrong, but I believe we are a perennial 7 to 8 win team under Bielema.

Im just curious by what standard you say we have talent for 10 wins. Because by every measure, the only teams we have more talent than were the four non-conference teams. We lost two of them. But we beat UT, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU instead, all of which have more talent.  To me, that means we are two ahead.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Razorfox on November 22, 2015, 04:24:43 pm
Im just curious by what standard you say we have talent for 10 wins. Because by every measure, the only teams we have more talent than were the four non-conference teams. We lost two of them. But we beat UT, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU instead, all of which have more talent.  To me, that means we are two ahead.
Texas Tech and Toledo make 9.  If you don't think we should have beat A&M, i can't help you.

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:25:40 pm
Texas Tech and Toledo make 9.  If you don't think we should have beat A&M, i can't help you.

I'm sorry reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. I will try again.

Why do you think we have talent to win 10 games?  All but four of our opponents have more talent than us. We lost two of those that by pure talent we should have won. However, by pure talent we shoul have lost all 4 of the SEC games we won.

arkansasrazorback

So we don't have the talent to beat A&M? I don't care if they SUPPOSEDLY have more talent based off recruiting rankings.  We had the talent to win 11 to be honest and we won 7.  Go ahead and be happy with that in year 3.  Fine with me

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:33:23 pm
So we don't have the talent to beat A&M? I don't care if they SUPPOSEDLY have more talent based off recruiting rankings.  We had the talent to win 11 to be honest and we won 7.  Go ahead and be happy with that in year 3.  Fine with me

On paper, no, we don't have the talent to beat A&M or any of the other SEC teams.  We beat the ones we did because of superior coaching and player development. 

And of course I'd rather us do better. 

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Razorfox on November 22, 2015, 04:36:02 pm
On paper, no, we don't have the talent to beat A&M or any of the other SEC teams.  We beat the ones we did because of superior coaching and player development. 

And of course I'd rather us do better.
haha superior coaching.  And Nutt beat all the teams he wasn't supposed to beat with superior coaching?  And lost to the Vandy's and Kentucky's for what reason. 

Bielema beats the LSU's and Ole Miss's that we weren't expected to win and loses to the Toledo's and TT's of the world.  Repeating history to me. 

Always excuses.  "But we had injuries."  All teams have injuries.  What will the excuses be next year.  "But we have a first year QB."  What will they be after that.  "But we lost so many graduating players on defense."  All teams have injuries and question marks and a lot of those teams find a way to win.  This all seems too familiar to me.

Hawginj

very proud of what this team has become. I was down the first half of the season but I got over it....Wps!

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Hawginj on November 22, 2015, 04:40:07 pm
very proud of what this team has become. I was down the first half of the season but I got over it....Wps!
so you enjoy 7-5 seasons?

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:39:33 pm
haha superior coaching.  And Nutt beat all the teams he wasn't supposed to beat with superior coaching?  And lost to the Vandy's and Kentucky's for what reason. 

Bielema beats the LSU's and Ole Miss's that we weren't expected to win and loses to the Toledo's and TT's of the world.  Repeating history to me. 

Always excuses.  "But we had injuries."  All teams have injuries.  What will the excuses be next year.  "But we have a first year QB."  What will they be after that.  "But we lost so many graduating players on defense."  All teams have injuries and question marks and a lot of those teams find a way to win.  This all seems too familiar to me.

I said we should have beaten Toledo and TT.  But for the EXACT same reasons (better talent, better history, better resources, etc), we should have lost to UT, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU.  You can't have it both ways.

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:40:54 pm

Who is stupider?  Someone that enjoys their football team and the game no matter what or someone who makes themselves and others miserable when they're team isn't "great"?  Considering the level of greatness that you desire isn't going to happen most of the time, I think I know the answer to the question.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Razorfox on November 22, 2015, 04:45:05 pm
Who is stupider?  Someone that enjoys their football team and the game no matter what or someone who makes themselves and others miserable when they're team isn't "great"?  Considering the level of greatness that you desire isn't going to happen most of the time, I think I know the answer to the question.
I was just asking.  I understand that 10 win seasons aren't going to be the norm at Arkansas.  But I do expect 10 or 11 win season every 4 or 5 years.  This is the year we could have had it.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: Razorfox on November 22, 2015, 04:42:25 pm
I said we should have beaten Toledo and TT.  But for the EXACT same reasons (better talent, better history, better resources, etc), we should have lost to UT, Auburn, Ole Miss, and LSU.  You can't have it both ways.
You can't have it both ways?  Enjoy more Bielenutt

Razorfox

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

You need a new hobby.  Arkansas, since 1945, has averaged:

6.9 wins per year and 4.3 losses per year

I realize that the number of games played per year has changed over the years, but still, if you are going to be completely miserable with 7 wins per year, then it's no way to live. 

Uberanubis

maybe a 10 win team on offence, but we are DEFINATLY not a 10 win team on defense, we got a lot of work on that side of the ball.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

ChattanoogaHog

Who do you suppose we could get as a better coach than Bret Bielema?? Honestly?? I hate to break it to you but we are a lower-middle tier job in the SEC. I hate it, but it is what it is. With the unique challenges we have (lack of in-state talent, geographic location, etc.) it was a miracle we pulled a coach like Bret. He left a team that had been to three straight Rose Bowls to come here and I for one am glad he did. Coming off the Petrino and JLS disaster I would not have blamed anyone for not wanting to try and clean up that mess. I'm sorry you aren't sold on Bret, but he is about as good as we're gonna get here on the Hill. He's proven he can win and I think next year, with all his players and recruits, and a strong home schedule, we'll hit the 10 wins. But that won't matter to you when you come back complaining about the two-three that we couldn't win

Hawginj

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:40:54 pm
After all that has happened in the last 4 years and after all the injuries this year I am ecstatic for a 7-5 year sure am this coach is teaching these kids something neither Nutt nor Bobby could do how to stand toe to toe with the best in the country and fight and win the right way. Does BB have an alligator mouth? Yes. Does he do bonehead things? Yes, but by God he knows football and that's all I got to say about that.

Razor6

I'm proud too.  Only one team wins the National Championship each year.  Everyone else in the world can chose to say they had a sucky season.  Or just enjoy the ride.  We aren't winning the National Championship this year.  But I am enjoying the ride.  And the emotions that come with it.

Go Hogs!  Keep on keeping on! WPS
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Pig In The City

CBB did not come to Arkansas to settle on 6-6 or 7-5. His players that he recruited on the back end either are not getting it or they are a miss. Some pretty lackadaisical angles to the ball and fear of making tackles. He has fixed the issues so far so I believe he will continue to do so. Another couple of years will be the barometer. The offense is set with Enos. Now let's fix the D!

bellavistamike

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on November 22, 2015, 04:50:23 pm

Maybe the problem is you want something and just can't figure out the reality of it all. You say the Hogs are better than these guys, but from watching the Arkansas defense last evening, I don't know how you could expect this team to win as many games as they won this season. I have great exceptions for the Razorback football team, but my lord, you have to be realistic with your expectations after watching the team's pass defense. Go ahead and make yourself sick and tired or you might try being realistic and just support the team you have.

It has been both a difficult and a fun season. The losses have hurt but the wins have been great fun.

The bottom line is the team won't be good just because you want them to be. Enjoy the ride...   

reddogjcss

Your. Right I'm enjoying the ride! Watching the progression

LAHOG1962

I love this hog team. Since the Tennessee game they have competed their tails off. If a quarterback comes through,next year will be special.The defense is young and will be much better against the spread offenses next year.The defense has played well against pro style offenses this year. We are definately over the hump.

Lake City Hog

Razorfox, while I am proud of the fight in this team I do take offense to your comment about talent. Who from Tenner, Auburn, Ole Miss or LSU would you trade for one of our players heads up? Now, don't take their #1 receiver and try to swap him for our #2.

QB??? NO WAY---TE--WR--O'Line--
Each of those teams might have a particular player at a particular position that is better than 1 of ours, but I can promise you that we will have several that are better than theirs! Don't denigrate our players that way. Whether or not any of you want to admit it, SOME of our problems are related to the sideline! We have had coaching failures this year, hell the coaches have even admitted that.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 22, 2015, 07:14:34 pm
Razorfox, while I am proud of the fight in this team I do take offense to your comment about talent. Who from Tenner, Auburn, Ole Miss or LSU would you trade for one of our players heads up? Now, don't take their #1 receiver and try to swap him for our #2.

Each of those teams might have a particular player at a particular position that is better than 1 of ours, but I can promise you that we will have several that are better than theirs! Don't denigrate our players that way. Whether or not any of you want to admit it, SOME of our problems are related to the sideline! We have had coaching failures this year, hell the coaches have even admitted that.

Can't cherrypick data, though. You mention offensive players only.

We recruited the #1 kicker his senior year in HS and some are ready to pull his scholie, barely two years into his time at UA (one of those a RS year). You didn't mention where we beef the most about coaching, defense. I bet there are DBs or LBs or a rush end that we'd trade.

But trading talent is a silly exercise. Coaching has been fine - you see moments of brilliance all around the team. We just needed a lot of time to get players in the system and get them coached up. A year from now those young pups will start to bark with a deeper bark.

Every team not making the playoffs will have questions about coaching and game-day decisions. Every team will have personnel weaknesses that are headscratchers to their fans.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Razorfox

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 22, 2015, 07:14:34 pm

If we have better players it is because of development and coaching, in most cases.

gchamblee

thank you for this post. i appreciate when people like you expose themselves right away and dont drag it out.

gchamblee

i am very proud of this team. i don't expect 10 win seasons but i hope for them. i don't expect to dominate other teams but i hope for it. i do, however, expect to be competitive with everyone we play and be in the game in the 4th quarter with a chance to win it. CBB seems to be giving us that regardless of who the opponent is and i enjoy hog football because of it.

this team had plenty of reasons to quit early in the season and just go through the motions, but they didn't. they worked hard and bought in and did what the coaches asked of them. instead of ending the season with their heads slung slow they are going to walk away from it with some pretty impressive accomplishments.

BA has proven to be an exceptional team leader and one of the best QB's we have ever had. Alex Collins has proven to be one of our best backs in history. HH is a beast and will be one of the first TE's taken in the draft. our receivers catch nearly everything thrown at them. this team is academically sound and has an incredible work ethic.

there is a lot to be proud of and i look forward to every game on our schedule. i love the type of players we are recruiting and i love that we are getting consideration from recruits that used to pay no attention to us at all.