Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My $0.02

Started by hogfanmd, November 22, 2015, 11:47:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanmd

1. Both teams played their hearts out.   Neither D had an answer.   Both D looked terrible for the most part.   MSU just ended up with the last big play in a night of endless big plays
Games like last night, won or lost on last play, or a team just has your number will happen in conference play no matter how good we are.  Even Bama usually has 1 conference loss a year. 

2. Toledo , Texas tech , AM cost us this season.  Not the loss last night.

3. Win next week and in a bowl and we have made progress over last year, close strong on recruiting and prepare for next season

4 if I were in charge of recruiting Id be calling those 4 and 5 star Missouri high school athletes.  This might be a good year to get more talent out of that state with all of mizzu recent issues.

RebelliousHog

I would contact every top ranked Corner and Safety and tell them ,"You can play as a Freshman".
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

hogfanmd

Agreed.  The next step must be to improve in those areas.

ke2743

Quote from: HenduHog on November 22, 2015, 12:24:46 pm
I would contact every top ranked Corner and Safety and tell them ,"You can play as a Freshman".

Truth

code red

Heck......our LB are lacking as well
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

I mean to say...we didn't even slow them down last night.  Get ready to see bubbles and tunnels until we stop it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRAFBHog

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 22, 2015, 11:47:59 am
1. Both teams played their hearts out.   Neither D had an answer.   Both D looked terrible for the most part.   MSU just ended up with the last big play in a night of endless big plays
Games like last night, won or lost on last play, or a team just has your number will happen in conference play no matter how good we are.  Even Bama usually has 1 conference loss a year. 

3. Win next week and in a bowl and we have made progress over last year, close strong on recruiting and prepare for next season

4 if I were in charge of recruiting Id be calling those 4 and 5 star Missouri high school athletes.  This might be a good year to get more talent out of that state with all of mizzu recent issues.

*s don't mean anything, just coach up - remember.  Tell Bama that!

HotlantaHog

My two cents:

1. Brandon Allen is putting in a terrific performance and having a wonderful year that will go unappreciated nationally because the team is 6-5. He did everything the Hogs needed to win the Mississippi State game with tremendous play. Kudos to his receivers too.
2. I though the play calling was great for the game UNTIL the last series when the Hogs made the disastrous decision to play for the field goal (discussed in other threads.)
3. The field goal block wasn't the fault of the kicker ... but can we get special teams fixed? Not just field goals but it seems kickoffs almost never make it to the end zone. This all has a Groundhog Day aspect to it. Didn't we go through this exact same thing 6-7 years ago?
4. Defense? I am not sure what to make of a defense that at times has looked extraordinarily good but at times has looked really weak. Though in fairness Hogs have looked especially bad against a running type QB or a spread offense.
5. I have little doubt Hogs will pound a not-great Mizzou team at home, and think CBB is making progress.... Hopeful for next year, though with a new QB who hasn't played on the road in the SEC, it is hard to know how optimistic to be, realistically.

cbhawg03

Quote from: code red on November 22, 2015, 07:59:01 pm
Heck......our LB are lacking as well

This.  For the most part of linebackers don't help out the secondary at all either.  Greenlaw will be a really good linebacker for us by the time he leaves, but that is the only SEC caliber linebacker we have playing.  Ellis should be off the field on obvious passing downs.  Put a safety in at linebacker or something.  Ellis is always playing catch up and you always see him running from behind the receiver or out of position. 

Horsesrus

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 22, 2015, 11:47:59 am

Regarding #4 there is only one 4 star Missouri high school athlete for 2016 and he is going to Wisconsin.  There are no 5 stars.  For 2017 there are currently three 4 stars which is a normal number for Missouri high schools.  Missouri typically lands only 1 of these home grown 4 stars over the past several years so Mizzou isn't our only competition for them.

Kevin

Quote from: cbhawg03 on November 23, 2015, 10:46:14 am
This.  For the most part of linebackers don't help out the secondary at all either.  Greenlaw will be a really good linebacker for us by the time he leaves, but that is the only SEC caliber linebacker we have playing.  Ellis should be off the field on obvious passing downs.  Put a safety in at linebacker or something.  Ellis is always playing catch up and you always see him running from behind the receiver or out of position. 

totally agree, ellis really struggles with playing in space
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22