Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bowl Game

Started by Hawgphish, November 21, 2015, 10:00:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STLhawg

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on November 22, 2015, 11:36:19 am
Mizzou will play very hard for Coach Pinkel.
That's what I thought about their last home game against Tennessee, but they -- especially their offense -- looked pretty pathetic.

Shrevepork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 22, 2015, 04:26:14 pm
Are you saying its a good bowl?

What is a good bowl?
We are going bowling, but barely. Any bowl is a good bowl for us.
But, is a good bowl based on payout or location or opponent or day it's played or time it's placed or distance from AR or gifts for players or activities for coaches wives cost to go or Etc?
The Independence Bowl is one of the older bowls. It has seen our beloved Hogs, LSU, Notre Dame, Miss. St., Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas A&M, Alabama and so on. It usually has good TV ratings for ESPN.(ESPN keeps coming back) Granted, the stadium holds only about 48K and the payout is near the minimum, but feedback from staff and players is positive and the games are usually very competitive. The big benefit for Hog lovers is the location and playing in a very good recruiting area for top program players.
The Independence Bowl is a bowl with big benefits for Arkansas.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 22, 2015, 11:42:26 pm
Can't wait to have something big to be excited about again. Really needed to win out to make progress from last year. Didn't happen but of course it would have been A LOT worse without the miracle at Ole Miss and a great win at LSU.

Basketball - ha no.

Football - Most exciting thing I am looking forward to is the QB battle in spring. Mizz game doesn't matter at all now and the bowl game doesn't matter except for some entertainment. They are all on the same level. People are more worried about how far they have to drive than which bowl we get. God help us if CBB loses both games. 

Baseball - I am really hoping this will be a bright spot for fans this year. We need it.

Seems like such a let down to pull off those huge upsets then lose the momentum by losing at home. Defensive woes were the worst thing about it.

Is Robb Smith a good DC or did he just have insane talent last year that bailed him out? Can he make adjustments with what we recruit here or will he need 3-4 NFL draft picks every year to make his system work? So many questions that won't get answered til next year.

I'm excited that we've gone 3-1 on the road in the SEC this year, and that we'll likely improve from 2-6 to 5-3 in conference play.

That's progress.

hogsanity

Quote from: STLhawgg on November 23, 2015, 12:30:56 am
That's what I thought about their last home game against Tennessee, but they -- especially their offense -- looked pretty pathetic.

Their offense is pathetic. If not for the announcement that he was leaving, no way they go and beat BYU last week. They won that game on emotion. Then, with a week for that emotion to drain off, they came out against TN and looked like thay have all year. Anemic on offense, and really good on defense, but left on the field too long by their offense. Plus, TN had 3 early drives stall and only get 9 pts.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hogtimes

Quote from: rzrbackrob on November 22, 2015, 10:43:53 am
Please no more spread teams this year. Too painful to watch the Hogs play a team that spreads the field.

With 7 wins and no argument about finishing second in west division, Arkansas will be relegated to these choices:

Music City vs Big 10/ACC

Liberty Bowl vs Big 12 (spread teams TCU, WVU, or TT - no thx)
Tx Bowl vs big 12 (no thx)

Belk vs ACC
Birmingham bowl vs ACC if available or AAC  ( again spread teams but at least they would have even worse defense)
AdvoCare vs ACC

ACC will have 8-9 bowl eligible teams

I can't believe you are now  afraid to play a Big12 team.   I say bring'em on

ricepig

Quote from: Hogtimes on November 23, 2015, 10:16:34 am
I can't believe you are now  afraid to play a Big12 team.   I say bring'em on

Yep, they can't play defense, so an entertaining game we win.

hobhog

Shreveport is good by me. Easy travel for southern half of state and day after Christmas on Saturday is convenient  day.

Rzback

Outback vs Northwestern or Music City vs Penn State
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

hogcard1964

Quote from: Rzback on November 24, 2015, 06:00:44 am
Outback vs Northwestern or Music City vs Penn State

Gator vs Wisconsin.

hoglady

I'm sure some bowl would love to match us up with Wisky or Louisville.
That would get them a little pub.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality