Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen draft stock

Started by hhicNaychaBoi, November 21, 2015, 09:59:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hhicNaychaBoi

I'm just trying to take a positive from this loss before HV melts down. This site has him as the 24 qb out of 139....after he has played lately I would have to beg to differ. He has to be in the top 10 if not top 5.http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119401&draftyear=2016&genpos=QB

hawgmasta

I think the main thing at this point is even if he doesn't get drafted he has pretty much guaranteed somebody will at LEAST give him a UDFA shot.

HiggiePiggy

Yeah. I think he gets drafted though.  Might be very late round, but I think what he has done this year will lead to someone giving him a shot. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

tzthib

BA has the heart and intelligence to make up for what he may lack in natural ability. He is the anti-Mallett in this sense.

presidenthog

Brandon will get drafted. the fact that he plays in a pro style offense, can make checks at the line, audibles, can point out a mike LB without having to be taught any of this will be huge for him come draft day. he goes through his progressions and he can actually read a defense. Remember that ponder was drafted in the first round just because he was in a pro style offense. I think brandon will be taken ahead of some of the spread quarterbacks for that reason alone.

RollHogTide

I would be very, very surprised if a team didn't take a chance on him.  I think he has a good head on his shoulders AND he can make the throws, I would guess NLT 5th round - maybe earlier (4th).

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Augustus

Just looking at his progression from last year to this year, and add to that his heart/character/integrity.

I have to believe he gets drafted.

There was a time he folded under pressure, and didn't deliver in the clutch.  That time is no more.  (well, assuming the Coaching Staff will give him the ball)

SEASON   CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YPA   LNG   TD   INT   SACK    RAT     RAW QBR    ADJ QBR
2015           183   284   2617    64.4           9.22    71   22   6    11    163.2     81.3     87.2
2014           190   339   2285    56.0           6.74    54   20   5    12    129.2     54.8     69.8

cypert2

Quote from: tzthib on November 21, 2015, 11:05:53 pm
BA has the heart and intelligence to make up for what he may lack in natural ability. He is the anti-Mallett in this sense.
Well put! I think he definitely gets drafted, fifth round or so.
Swinging on the two and the four.

scruf

Lot of people missing one of his biggest attributes: His arm. It's good. He's made some money throws down the stretch. He's hitting the deep ball pretty well. Intermediate accuracy is off the charts. Don't forget about his arm when going through the list of positives. It's good. Better than average even.

gopigs

Didn't think this would ever be a thread. Ever. Especially after our first few outings but after the way he's handled teams these past few weeks  he might not be a bad QB to pick up late in the draft and have him develop behind someone. His draft stock has rose  exponentially late in the season sorta like Qualls did last year when he just started absolutely taking over games.

Pig Worshipper

November 22, 2015, 06:34:31 am #11 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 07:09:04 am by Pig Worshipper
I don't know about his draft position but, for the last half of this season, no quarterback in a Razorback uniform has ever played better and I've been watching them since the 1960's. We'll never see the position played this well again. Kudos to him for persevering through everything to become the best!

PEtrader

He could be 2nd 3rd round from the way the announcers were talking last night.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Kevin

he really turned this year & his career around.

congrats to him
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The only thing ever wrong with Brandon was his head and lack of proper instruction.  But mostly his head.  I worry that he may revert back if he should go to the next level and be put back under the gun again.  John L. and Petrino # 2 ruined Brandon when they threw him to the wolves without decent training and with a team that was not, in any way, ready to play the game of football.

Chaney and BB never found a way to correct the problem and I really do not believe Enos and BB have either.  I think the Kid finally just said to hell with it and started throwing hard and fast only to find those receivers that everyone was told wasn't worth a damn could indeed catch a ball.  At that point, it went like a snowball rolling down hill, gathering speed and size.

I believe Enos is far better than Chaney at finding plays that work throughout the game.  I also believe that BB really doesn't have a clue but is learning at our expense just like last night.  Brandon runs a play and it works so up goes the confidence and then another and another until he is sure that he can make any play work.  Then we go into the work the clock mode with 8 minutes still in the 3rd quarter, the entire team plays off the slow down and manage the clock, the D ends up back on the field way too much the running is used way too much when it isn't clicking and now we are behind again and trying to restart the big machine.  In this respect, we are playing not to lose and we usually lose.  Nutt taught me how to recognize this failed tactic.

thirtythree

Quote from: presidenthog on November 21, 2015, 11:06:27 pm
Brandon will get drafted. the fact that he plays in a pro style offense, can make checks at the line, audibles, can point out a mike LB without having to be taught any of this will be huge for him come draft day. he goes through his progressions and he can actually read a defense. Remember that ponder was drafted in the first round just because he was in a pro style offense. I think brandon will be taken ahead of some of the spread quarterbacks for that reason alone.

I agree with this. We are seeing that the spread QB (aside from Cam) isn't really panning out these days. BA still can scramble when in trouble and has been delivering spot on passes. Hope he plays just as well, or better, in the next 2 games.

online-with-swine

I don't think there is another qb in the country playing better than BA right now

TheJoeyBucketz

November 22, 2015, 08:49:10 am #17 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:25:51 pm by golf2day
Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 22, 2015, 06:34:31 am
I don't know about his draft position but, for the last half of this season, no quarterback in a Razorback uniform has ever played better and I've been watching them since the 1960's. We'll never see the position played this well again. Kudos to him for persevering through everything to become the best!
This. I've never seen a hog qb consistently play at the level BA has played at the last 5 games or so. Really glad to see his career end on this note.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Uberanubis

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 22, 2015, 06:34:31 am

actually with Enos, and if what they say is true, we might be ok with Austin. I remember vividly all the Ohh Austin is soooooOOOOOooo much better then his brother, better arm blah blah blah. so maybe we will not drop to far off form the qb position next year. but with little to no experience we will just have to wait and see I guess.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Augustus on November 22, 2015, 03:00:19 am
Just looking at his progression from last year to this year, and add to that his heart/character/integrity.

I have to believe he gets drafted.

There was a time he folded under pressure, and didn't deliver in the clutch.  That time is no more.  (well, assuming the Coaching Staff will give him the ball)

SEASON   CMP   ATT   YDS   CMP%   YPA   LNG   TD   INT   SACK    RAT     RAW QBR    ADJ QBR
2015           183   284   2617    64.4           9.22    71   22   6    11    163.2     81.3     87.2
2014           190   339   2285    56.0           6.74    54   20   5    12    129.2     54.8     69.8
old stats don't include 7 tds
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawghiggs

If I was New England I'd draft Allen and Henry.

WorfHog

BA's playing lights out, I still cannot believe our staff gave him no chance to win that game.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: tzthib on November 21, 2015, 11:05:53 pm

The only thing he may not have that Mallett has is the same arm strength, but I disagree with a statement of him lacking in natural talent, and the numbers back that up.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on November 22, 2015, 11:38:23 am
The only thing he may not have that Mallett has is the same arm strength, but I disagree with a statement of him lacking in natural talent, and the numbers back that up.

BA's short/Med passing game, in particular when coming of PA is way better than RM's. BA can also more really well. RM has an awesome long pass.

RebelliousHog

I remember when Peyton Manning was at Tenner and the knock on him was that he was a dinker, and didn't the have the arm to play in the NFL. We see how that worked out.

BA reminds me a lot of PM. JMO
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Hogsolo

All teams need camp arms.   If he can show enough football smarts he may make a scout team.   Maybe then a backup after a few years. 

Hogsolo

Quote from: golf2day on November 22, 2015, 08:49:10 am
This. I've never seen a hog qb consistently play at the level BA has played at the least 5 games or so. Really glad to see his career end on this note.

Ditto, I'm happy he's had these games to define his Arkansas legacy. 

longpig

November 22, 2015, 12:46:18 pm #28 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:27:39 pm by longpig
His truck hasn't been torched this season so he must be doing something right.
Don't be scared, be smart.

la20688

He probably could've started for the Cowboys the past several weeks.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: la20688 on November 22, 2015, 12:48:58 pm
He probably could've started for the Cowboys the past several weeks.
This is my non-signature signature.

goneal

Hmmm. Bull, Calcagni, Grovey, Stoerner, Mallett and Wilson didn't make it in the NFL. In what way is BA better than this group?
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: goneal on November 22, 2015, 07:54:51 pm
Hmmm. Bull, Calcagni, Grovey, Stoerner, Mallett and Wilson didn't make it in the NFL. In what way is BA better than this group?

Mallett was in the nfl for 4 years. 

No one is saying that Allen will be a starter, but he has done pretty good this season and many including myself believe he will be drafted. Doesn't mean he will ever be a starter, but who knows. There are qbs in the league that are starting that I believe Allen could do as good.     
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HogInFlorida

I think he'll absolutely get drafted. He's thrown 29 TDs and 6 INTs. He doesn't take huge hits, he has decent legs and he can throw on the run.

I could see someone with an aging QB and no promising backup like the Chargers or Cowboys taking him late.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

reddogjcss

He will get draft and get a chance, if he don't make 1st string he will have a good career as a back up.

19Hog78

Each one of those guys did one or two things better than Brandon Allen, but Brandon Allen does four or five things better than each one of those guys.

Aporkalypse Now

I still don't think he's an NFL QB , but that takes nothing away from the incredible year he's had for us.

zane

Making it IN the NFL and TO the NFL are very different things.

Go troll elsewhere.
RIP LSUfan

presidenthog

Quote from: IAMHogholio on November 22, 2015, 12:22:42 pm
All teams need camp arms.   If he can show enough football smarts he may make a scout team.   Maybe then a backup after a few years.

I don't think you understand how good brandon really is. he will be a backup day 1, not a scout dummy. I am willing to bet he has a better NFL career than mallet or wilson ever had. Wilson would have never started here with CBB. Allen can actually read defenses and goes through his progressions. he has a great arm. he has incredible touch. I'm willing to bet that he is drafted and actually stick with whatever team takes him.

presidenthog

Quote from: HogInFlorida on November 22, 2015, 08:11:10 pm
I think he'll absolutely get drafted. He's thrown 29 TDs and 6 INTs. He doesn't take huge hits, he has decent legs and he can throw on the run.

I could see someone with an aging QB and no promising backup like the Chargers or Cowboys taking him late.
I could see that. I'm afraid he will go to someone like the Browns. who he really might have actually shot with is the bills or the jets. both took basically the same qb (EJ manual and geno smith are like basically the exact same terrible qb) with neither panning out and the jets having success with Fitz they might look for a solid back up and get rid of geno. the Titans and Arizona or Denver could all be destinations as well... or philly  smh. to be honest there is a lot of places that either need a solid back up option or have a shaky starter.

Pork Twain

Wouldn't it be the greatest thing ever if CBB had an Arkansas qb get into the NFL and do more than any CBP qb ever did, the bar is set low.  Especially a qb that many on Hogville have attacked non-stop.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: presidenthog on November 23, 2015, 01:22:19 am
Wilson would have never started here with CBB.
Fo realz? Yeah, TW locked on Cobi sometimes. He still went through progressions and made checks like every other all-SEC qb.

TW put his nuts on the line every game, stood in and took shot after shot because he wasn't scared into throwing early, set records, named all-sec qb, gets drafted, and now he just gets shrugged off by some fans. Fascinating.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

longtimeHogfan

Assuming Brandon will get drafted, who goes first......Brandon or Hunter? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 23, 2015, 09:24:56 am
Assuming Brandon will get drafted, who goes first......Brandon or Hunter? 

If they are in the same draft class Hunter Henry. He is the #1 ranked player at his position

atekido

BA will go 5th or later most likely and i can see Dallas being the one who drafts him.  they no longer have any young guns and will need to pickup a young QB to mold.   With that said Hunter will go way before him.  I can see hunter going in the 2nd round.