Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Loss

Started by GoHogs40, November 21, 2015, 09:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs40

Brandon Allen throws 7 TD passes and you run 3 times there?  This is 100% a coaching loss.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

theFlyingHog

That's all on CBB. Absolutely pathetic game management. Just dumb

mike_the_geek

Why in the world do you not attempt a TD pass at least once or twice there ?  Come on !

H&D

Miss St. Scored 51pts, I think our defense may have had something to do with this lose.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

tc_mem

As soon as they started playing for the field goal you knew it was a bad idea.  The coaches will take the blame for it because they know they screwed that one up.   ???

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Danny J

This loss is ALL on the staff.

Our D plays too soft...that is on Smith and CBB

We went for TD on 4th and 1...that is on CBB and Enos

We then run three times and settle for a FG attempt with a kicking game that is shaky at best after marching down the field passing and that is an ALL CBB decision.

This loss is on CBB...period.

Razor1997

Should have thrown it at least once there.  If it's incomplete, 40 seconds with one timeout isn't much different than 40 seconds with no timeouts.  And Brandon Allen was looking like Joe Montana out there, so he probably completes it for the first down.

Maybe the kick gets blocked anyway though. :puke:

slicehog

Lost all the momentum with the 4th and 1.  Then bad calls at end of game

Biggus Piggus

Pretend low risk. Fooling themselves. If you know you cannot execute in the kicking game, and you decide to let the game ride on a kick...
[CENSORED]!

Hog Milanese

Martygit

You just threw it from the 10 to MSU's 20 - then you don't even try to score the TD - you rely on your kicker who then gets it blocked to lose the game for the second time - BB - this is all on you!!!!
RIP OTR, REV

arkfan81

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 09:52:44 pm
This loss is ALL on the staff.

Our D plays too soft...that is on Smith and CBB

We went for TD on 4th and 1...that is on CBB and Enos

We then run three times and settle for a FG attempt with a kicking game that is shaky at best after marching down the field passing and that is an ALL CBB decision.

This loss is on CBB...period.

Or maybe put a hand on the guy who blocked the kick?
Have faith...

Bubba's Bruisers

At home with +3 TO margin, and we lose.  Incredible.  Incredible that we played for the FG there.  We didn't deserve to win.

Well, we shouldn't have beaten OM, so I guess this is the equalizer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

fyrfytnrazrbacfan

BA has another great game and our coaching staff plays conservative and rely on our FG kicker!?!?!? That is complete stupidity!!!
"Those who say it can't be done should get the he** out of the way of those that's doing it!"  Rev Run

hogfarm10

hay CBB got his 6 wins that is all he wanted. we will be lucky to ever win more than 8 games with this guy on our sideline. he just does not have it.
Yes I do wear Razorback underwear so what!!!

TNhawgfan

agreed. i blame the coaches, not the kids
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

fdx flyer

Absolutely a coaching loss.   You don't let your red hot qb have a chance at the end zone???  You play for the field goal with all the kicking issues we've had???   Even if he makes it there, you're giving MSU the ball back with 45 seconds on the clock and down 2 points against our pitiful secondary???  Un-freaking believable.  I was yelling at the TV before he even kicked it.

Razorbullet

We did not run for it on 4th down earlier when BA could have made it.  Next we don't throw it.  How many blocked field goals this year? Is it a record? I am tired of Bad coaching

mike_the_geek

Two big coaching mistakes cost us this game.  BB gambled too much earlier in the game going for TD on 4th and 1 that we did not convert.  If we go up 3 scores there, the game is probably over.  MSState players were very dejected and on their heels there.  That empty series gave momentum back to MSState and they got right back into the game.  Then BB was way too conservative at the end - at least take a shot or two downfield.  BA and the receivers were spot on all night and you don't at least give them a shot at a TD?  Unbelievable!   :puke:

hoghevn

If you're blaming Coach BB for this loss, all those amazing wins are to his credit also.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

choicesthops

You would call for his head when he went for it and failed instead of kicking a FG. Just stop.

Tortfeasor

The 4th and 1 and playing for a FG was terrible coaching. D sucked all night, but still has a chance to win and pissed it away.

ishankem

State controlled line of scrimmage on both sides of ball.  Dbs plays soft cause they're not good enough to play close man

Danny J

Quote from: arkfan81 on November 21, 2015, 09:54:08 pm
Or maybe put a hand on the guy who blocked the kick?
That is like the 3rd block in the last 4 games. Why would you even settle for a FG attempt with a shaky kicking game? We drove from our 10 to their 12 passing the ball. Then we decide to start going conservative. CBB lost the game. The loss is all on CBB.

hogfarm10

better get use to bad coaching it is here to stay for a while thanks Jeffy Long
Yes I do wear Razorback underwear so what!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dirty

It wasn't our kickers fault!  Can't block the edge rusher.

H&D

Quote from: Razorbullet on November 21, 2015, 09:55:29 pm
We did not run for it on 4th down earlier when BA could have made it.  Next we don't throw it.  How many blocked field goals this year? Is it a record? I am tired of Bad coaching

Where were you the last two weeks? Yeah, that's right, shut up and sit down.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Danny J

Quote from: fdx flyer on November 21, 2015, 09:55:12 pm
Absolutely a coaching loss.   You don't let your red hot qb have a chance at the end zone???  You play for the field goal with all the kicking issues we've had???   Even if he makes it there, you're giving MSU the ball back with 45 seconds on the clock and down 2 points against our pitiful secondary???  Un-freaking believable.  I was yelling at the TV before he even kicked it.
You are right....I have no faith in CBB decision making ability going forward. You took the words right out of my mouth. It makes no sense like at the end of the first half. His ass tightens in those situations.

Hey Super

I'm with the OP I don't understand this call at all.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HoGs1031

People from Wisconsin said he couldn't coach close games. And he proves it once again. We know we don't have a kicker.

TomasPistola

Quote from: HoGs1031 on November 21, 2015, 09:58:26 pm
People from Wisconsin said he couldn't coach close games. And he proves it once again. We know we don't have a kicker.

Wasn't the kickers fault. Did you actually watch the game?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

arkfan81

Quote from: Danny J on November 21, 2015, 09:56:38 pm
That is like the 3rd block in the last 4 games. Why would you even settle for a FG attempt with a shaky kicking game? We drove from our 10 to their 12 passing the ball. Then we decide to start going conservative. CBB lost the game. The loss is all on CBB.

Or, you actually block the man in front of you and the ball goes through the uprights..
Have faith...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Blame the defense all you want but not for them getting turnovers we get beat by at least 2 scores.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

JBoroHog

Great job, coach Bielema. Great championship season. Now we rebuild for next 3-4 years and shoot for a 6-7 win "great" season in 2020. Give the moron an extension, Long.

spiritof92

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 21, 2015, 09:59:45 pm
Blame the defense all you want but not for them getting turnovers we get beat by at least 2 scores.

When your offense scores 50 and you lose who do you blame?

Mikey

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 21, 2015, 09:59:45 pm

Yes, but it would still be the defense's fault then too, now wouldn't it?

Deeznutts

We all expect this now. Pussball, conservative, bad coaching. Oh well, at least I'm used to it. Kinda thought our luck had changed but this wasn't luck. Another piss poor coaching job. Kid throws 7 TD, we have the worst defense on the planet and we don't try to score. Makes no sense. Oh wait, it does. So Arky. So so so so so Arky. Just gotta laugh. Whatever.

smokeyB_blues

This is what most coaches as a whole in college football would do in this situation... This kind of thing just happens sometimes ie Aurburn vs Alabama a few years back its the crazy part about college football that makes it so amazing!

HoGs1031

The fact that we have thrown the ball all over the place all game and they hadn't stopped us. And the we start running the ball to set up a field goal when we haven't had a reliable kicking game in years.

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 21, 2015, 09:59:05 pm
Wasn't the kickers fault. Did you actually watch the game?

Mikey

The logic to run the ball was sound in that it made MSU use all their timeouts, even though they were going to get the ball again no matter what.  The only chance our defense had of stopping them was for the clock to run out and them not having any timeouts might have been the only chance our defense had.

Pancetta

This is on the lines. O line didn't get mich push up front and had a hard time pass blocking when MSU rushed 4. D line only got pressure on half a dozen plays. Then the line on FG lets the D right through where they are almost catching the ball off the kicker's foot.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

TomasPistola

Quote from: HoGs1031 on November 21, 2015, 10:04:16 pm
The fact that we have thrown the ball all over the place all game and they hadn't stopped us. And the we start running the ball to set up a field goal when we haven't had a reliable kicking game in years.

I don't disagree that I would have preferred to see us try to get the first down, yet you cannot blame that play on the kicker.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Danny J

CBB took a huge risk going to the endzone on 4th and 1. When we marched down the field to their 13 yard line we decide to go conservative. It makes no sense. It is like hitting on 17 when you are up $1000 then when you are down to $5 staying on 13. It makes no sense.

j-mann

this is a coaching loss i would had let allen throw  that whouild drive he was on fire   he might be the best QB in the sec now   well  let beat miz  and then back to Houston aga t tech or WVV   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

dhizzle

Wasn't the kickers fault, but you've to keep trying to score a touchdown. Coach has seen the same games we have. We just are not good at the kicking game towards the end of a game.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: arkfan81 on November 21, 2015, 09:59:38 pm
Or, you actually block the man in front of you and the ball goes through the uprights..
This. Not the kickers fault and not bad offensive coaching. 99% of coaches would have done the same. Both pro and college. Our D and only our D lost this game.