Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official Brandon Allen Haters Apology Thread

Started by choicesthops, November 21, 2015, 09:40:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

choicesthops

All you haters that have talked crap all season stand up and apologize.

Razor1997

I wonder if anyone will say he should have thrown an eighth TD.

No, this one was on the defense and special teams.  I didn't think Brandon could top his Ole Miss performance, but he did tonight, and it's a shame we let it go to waste.

jcul28

I apologize. What Dan Enos has done with BA is remarkable. It not only took a good coach to get him to where he is but for BA to take the teaching and run with it. He has and looks great. I apologize again.

julie

I haven't talked crap this season but I did in past years and I apologize.  We will miss him!

popcornhog

Quote from: jcul28 on November 21, 2015, 10:02:04 pm
I apologize. What Dan Enos has done with BA is remarkable. It not only took a good coach to get him to where he is but for BA to take the teaching and run with it. He has and looks great. I apologize again.

Not to mention health issue, but yeah, he's come a long way.
WPS

the END.

I thought him a lesser QB. I was wrong.  He's amazing.

RazorRed26

Coach BB and RS need to apologize to BA and Dan!

clockwisehog

Add my name to the list. I haven't talked a lot of smack but after aTm I was ready to bench him and start looking towards next year. Could not have been more wrong. That man has guts and skill. Wish CBB would have given him a chance there at the end tonight. Might have turned out different.
"Doctors are always trying to tell me, you've got to start slowing it down.  But there's more old drunks than there are old Doctors, so I guess we should have another round" -- Willie Nelson

tc_mem

All night long he looked in trouble (pressure coming) and then he would step up perfectly and find the open man.  I do not know of any Hog fan who has not been critical of him at some point over the last three years but damn we are going to miss the young man we have seen the back half of this season.

hulk hog

Quote from: Razor1997 on November 21, 2015, 09:55:56 pm
I wonder if anyone will say he should have thrown an eighth TD.

No, this one was on the defense and special teams.  I didn't think Brandon could top his Ole Miss performance, but he did tonight, and it's a shame we let it go to waste.

He should have thrown an eight but unfortunately the coaches didn't give him a chance to.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Airforcehawg

Some of the throws he made tonight were unreal...The last TD pass her threw to HH was amazing.

TexomaRazorback

I am sorry but Brandon Allen was as bad as he is now good.  How about some of you owning up to the damn truth.  I suspect it was mostly mental but he was BAD.  Recently, he has been OUTSTANDING.  Brandon is looking like a top 5 college QB right now.  That is likely due to the particular plays being called, the confidence he has gained and the mental blocks going away.  He now hits the receiver, finds the open man, moves in the pocket, leads the team between plays, he acts like a QB should.  I had decided he never would and I was wrong about that but you who act like he was always fabulous is full of hockey.

tzthib

I have been a longtime reader of Hogville, and I am really glad that I waited until today to register. Had I registered at the beginning of the season I would have been the biggest of the BA haters, and would now be forced to publicly eat crow. He has turned into a great QB this season. He is playing better than I thought he ever could. He has a ton of heart, and deserves all the praise he is currently getting.

BA and HH hooking up time after time has greatly improved.  Now Hunter looks like a quality TE.  But BA finding the open receiver and then throwing the ball to that receiver is what makes him look as well as he does.

Hogs958

I ripped into him so many times.

I was wrong. A lot of us were wrong. He won't get the national recognition he deserves...I'd take him over any QB right now.

He deserves a standing ovation next week. I do believe he has started something great, and I wish he had one more year...

WhatsitHOGabout

Great job Brandon.  You have done great this year.  Too bad the defense hates you.

hamARchy in the USA

Always had the talent.  Just needed the confidence. 

BassinHawg

BA, I'm Sorry your coach didn't let you try to beat Miss. St. You played great!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hawgmasta

I never fully ragged on him but definitely thought the most he would be was an average at best SEC quarterback.

Cheers to Brandon Allen for being the man!

Hogs958

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on November 21, 2015, 10:47:46 pm
Always had the talent.  Just needed the confidence.

Have you not seen confidence the past few weeks???

BigoBoys

Wished the staff would have given him the chance on 2nd and 3rd down in that last drive to win it.  FG option would have still been available. 

LZH

Even though we lost, I thought he played the game of his career. And by the way, please feel free to go back and read all of the posts I made about how good this kid could be while everybody was ripping him a new one.

RazorbackRal

I will step up... I have been hard on him. I think all four of my previous post have been ripping his last minute failures. I always felt he had the talent...just not the winning attitude. He has brought it the last five games and proved me wrong. He is making amazing plays. I am happy he is proving me wrong and hope he continues.

WPS AND GO HOGS GO!

upperdeck_hawg

BA, i apologize. I'm happy you have become the QB we all thought you could be and more. Hope you get drafted and have a long career in the NFL.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hawginbigd1

No I will not apologize for any of the facts I have stated about BA! I will say that the last month he has been playing as good or many times better than the QB we expected when he signed! I am proud he has persevered and is delivering like almost nobody else in the country, Dak and he may be the 2 best in the country right now!

XavierZane

I apologize for at a certain point this season giving up on him ever improving and looking forward to the off season's QB competition.  After making a mark in the record books and slinging a pair of truly historic games, I think his whole career, highs and lows, will become pretty legendary.  Born in fire as a RS Freshman, starting one game against a defending & future National Champion Alabama team, and losing 52-0.  Playing an entire year injured.  Three head coaches, four offensive coordinators.  A burnt truck.  Ends up rewriting Arkansas and SEC record books.  Are there any national records he has a shot at?

goneal

I have been very hard on him, and I will say this. As of the last 6 games, he has done a splendid job. He is a completely different player than in the first 2 1/2 seasons. The transformation has been amazing. I feel like it's been a combination of things. I think he probably finally said "to hell with it" and went out and just started playing and enjoying the game. We had some receivers step up who sadly, if there hadn't been a ton of injuries, we still might not be seeing play. I think the coaching staff has made the right adjustments to help his game. He has become the seconmd best qb in the SEC the last half of the season. But the best qb at UA ever, as some are trying to say? No way. He's not even in the conversation.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Aporkalypse Now

Why on Earth would anyone who wanted to see him benched when he was playing poorly apologize for that?

There are two schools of thought on that, you can bench a struggling QB, or you can let him struggle through. BOTH methods can work , or fail. Bielema obviously chose to let him play through his struggles, but that doesn't mean that anyone who wanted him benched hates him and should apologize.

IMO he should have been benched after the second time he overthrew Henry in the endzone by about 20 feet. I'm not going to apologize for that.

And to be clear, when I say benched, I mean put him on the bench until his next start, not the Houston Nutt quick trigger where you put your 8-0 starter on the bench and he never plays for you again type benching.

hawgwild child

I've always supported BA.  Never seen a Hog get so much blame for every loss.  The difference in BA this year and last year is his receiver's actually get separation. I've been screaming this since last year.  You see how good BA is when he has help and receivers create space.  Morgan and Reed stepping up is huge.  Just watch any game last year compared to this year and will see noticeable receiver play.  It's allowing BA to showcase how good he really is. 

Dirty

I had one bad night with a gas can and a truck!  Sorry BA! 

Just kidding, it wasn't me signed "Shaggy"

PonderinHog

I apologize to all the Brandon Allen haters.  You're not quite the worst people in the world (ISIS.) I wish I could unsmite you now that you've seen the light.

Großer Kriegschwein

November 24, 2015, 12:44:14 pm #32 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:17:15 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 24, 2015, 12:38:27 pm
1.  I'm not apologizing for comprehending history.
2.  Five games doesn't erase it.

The totality is NOT upper echelon, to be kind, regarding BA.

That doesn't mean he's a bad guy, merely that I saw the games.

This thread is the anti-Les Miles history vibe, the reverse of where a guy performs well for a long period and three losses seems to erase it...  BA performed "not great" for a long period and folks are canonizing him for impressive stats in games we didn't even win?

LUDICROUS.

zeke is gonna zeke.

next.

Brandon Allen this year:

213 completions, 327 attempts, 65.1% completion. 3,023 yards, 29 TDs, 6 Ints.

Brandon Allen is throwing to Drew Morgan, Hunter Henry, Dominique Reed and Jared Cornelius.

Brandon has 2 games left so figure his yards will be around 3400+ and he'll have more TDs passing than Mallett.
This is my non-signature signature.

GuvHog

Quote from: XavierZane on November 22, 2015, 12:26:38 am
I apologize for at a certain point this season giving up on him ever improving and looking forward to the off season's QB competition.  After making a mark in the record books and slinging a pair of truly historic games, I think his whole career, highs and lows, will become pretty legendary.  Born in fire as a RS Freshman, starting one game against a defending & future National Champion Alabama team, and losing 52-0.  Playing an entire year injured.  Three head coaches, four offensive coordinators.  A burnt truck.  Ends up rewriting Arkansas and SEC record books.  Are there any national records he has a shot at?

JLS making Brandon Allen start in 2012 against Bama still irks me to this day. It seriously damaged BA's confidence and it took him quite a while to regain it. He has that confidence back this year and it's very noticeable. Kudos to Brandon for really turning things around.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

scruf

Quote from: LZH on November 21, 2015, 10:56:54 pm
Even though we lost, I thought he played the game of his career. And by the way, please feel free to go back and read all of the posts I made about how good this kid could be while everybody was ripping him a new one.
Same.

scruf

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 24, 2015, 12:38:27 pm
1.  I'm not apologizing for comprehending history.
2.  Five games doesn't erase it.

The totality is NOT upper echelon, to be kind, regarding BA.

That doesn't mean he's a bad guy, merely that I saw the games.

This thread is the anti-Les Miles history vibe, the reverse of where a guy performs well for a long period and three losses seems to erase it...  BA performed "not great" for a long period and folks are canonizing him for impressive stats in games we didn't even win?

LUDICROUS.
It's really small, huh?

The_Iceman

Quote from: choicesthops on November 21, 2015, 09:40:11 pm
All you haters that have talked crap all season stand up and apologize.

Category: "People who Annoy you"

HR Piganstuff

I always thought he was a good QB that just needed the right handlers to guide him. I really like this stat.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hawgwild child on November 23, 2015, 07:00:15 pm
I've always supported BA.  Never seen a Hog get so much blame for every loss.  The difference in BA this year and last year is his receiver's actually get separation. I've been screaming this since last year.  You see how good BA is when he has help and receivers create space.  Morgan and Reed stepping up is huge.  Just watch any game last year compared to this year and will see noticeable receiver play.  It's allowing BA to showcase how good he really is.
Yes the 24 or 25 catches by Reed must be the difference, this is total BS, receivers were not and have not been the problem at any time! Well except when you dont know crap about football then that is probably it!

pigface

I am so glad youve had a great season.  and yes i apologize that your coach who has always been so big on you would not let you finish the Miss St game off.