Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs better have their head in it

Started by chuckinss, November 19, 2015, 01:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckinss

I have a bad feeling about this game.  I hope I am wrong!!  I felt all last week that we were going to beat LSU, but, this week I do not have that same feeling.  I'm afraid we may not be as hungry for this game.  Now, I have NO WAY of knowing if that is how the team feels, so, I probably shouldn't be saying anything....ha ha!  But, we've been here before and I can't count the times the team has come out flat as a pancake!!   Come on, Hogs.....prove me wrong!!

Next week we will face a team playing for their departing coach.  Two tough, but, winnable games.

8-4 sure would be nice!

WPS!

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

returntoglory

I hope they aren't taking it as easily as our fan base is. I've seen very little concern about how good MSU is. They aren't world beaters but they have one of the best qb's in the league. We better show up or the haters will have something to crow about on Saturday night.

hobhog

No reason to take this MSU team lightly. Dak alone can beat us, and they have a surprisingly good D. I'm worried. But I'm always worried....

Arthur pigby sellers.

The hogs will come to play don't doubt that for a second.  These guys started the season 1 and 3.  They didn't give up when they were down and they won't get soft after a couple of wins.  They have overcome a lot of adversity over the years and are a mature team in that regard. 
This team is uncommon.  Miss St is a dangerous team and Not saying we will win, but we will play a hard fought game. 
Also it's November, it's our month. 

Arazorbackguy1

This

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 19, 2015, 01:21:00 pm
The hogs will come to play don't doubt that for a second.  These guys started the season 1 and 3.  They didn't give up when they were down and they won't get soft after a couple of wins.  They have overcome a lot of adversity over the years and are a mature team in that regard. 
Also it's November, it's our month.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

tbhogfan

Quote from: chuckinss on November 19, 2015, 01:09:20 pm
I have a bad feeling about this game.  I hope I am wrong!!  I felt all last week that we were going to beat LSU, but, this week I do not have that same feeling.  I'm afraid we may not be as hungry for this game.  Now, I have NO WAY of knowing if that is how the team feels, so, I probably shouldn't be saying anything....ha ha!  But, we've been here before and I can't count the times the team has come out flat as a pancake!!   Come on, Hogs.....prove me wrong!!

Next week we will face a team playing for their departing coach.  Two tough, but, winnable games.

8-4 sure would be nice!

WPS!
One would hope that the team learned from Toledo and Texas Tech that you have to bring it every week, especially against a 7-3 SEC team.
Go Hogs!

Calling All Hogs

I have a bad feeling also but it is probably a hangover from losing to Missouri last year after going on a roll. I have to remind myself that we probably would have beat Missouri if Brandon Allen had been healthy.

BigSexyHog

I hate Miss Stank.   Hope we take care of business like we are capable of. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bigdaddyhawg

I've been saying this: they are a good football team.  And they are well-coached.

They'll make the Hogs earn it.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TrueBlue

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 19, 2015, 01:31:31 pm
I have a bad feeling also but it is probably a hangover from losing to Missouri last year after going on a roll. I have to remind myself that we probably would have beat Missouri if Brandon Allen had been healthy.

This.

I don't want any more bad taste Missouri games....

Hoggish1

I have a bad feeling about this game.  I hope I am wrong!!  I felt all last week that we were going to beat LSU, but, this week I do not have that same feeling. 

Milk of magnesia?

elksnort

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 19, 2015, 01:31:31 pm
Or putting in the very capable back up... Anyway, this is another topic.

I'm concerned also, but yet I'm always concerned. I think our boys understand what's at stake.

pigture perfect

What scares me, is that we have not really played well at home this year. We played well at Bama and should have won at Jerry's place, but our home games have been less than spectacular.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogarusa

Why would an unranked 6-4 team with 2 games left in the season (and for some, careers) not be hungry for another SEC West opponent?  No way that's the case.  They could get beat, but it won't be because of that
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

code red

8-4 sure would be nice!

WPS!
Mizzou, Auburn, LSU, all ran for over 200 on State. Enuff said.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

This crowd needs to BRING IT!!!! I for one am making the trek.....it could be a miserable night to be a bulldog.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longtimeHogfan

I worry about every game.  Dak can beat you almost single handedly.  Just like #7 last week....we'll have to find a way to neutralize him, or at least slow him down.  The best way is for our O to stay on the field. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

code red

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 19, 2015, 02:11:46 pm
I worry about every game.  Dak can beat you almost single handedly.  Just like #7 last week....we'll have to find a way to neutralize him, or at least slow him down.  The best way is for our O to stay on the field. 
Dak is going to have to get the ball out quick....all focus will be on Dak...they have no run game.  As long as our interior 2 don't wonder and keep gap integrity....and the DEnds breakdown at the point of contact...it will be a long night for Mr. Dak.  Plus...weather will be just like LSU last year.

code red

Quote from: pigture perfect on November 19, 2015, 01:55:09 pm
What scares me, is that we have not really played well at home this year. We played well at Bama and should have won at Jerry's place, but our home games have been less than spectacular.
So your saying...."we're due!!!"

Biggus Piggus

8-4 sure would be nice!

WPS!

You think the Hogs won't be happy about playing a home game after two straight road games?
[CENSORED]!

WaltonCollege

I think Robb Smith has shown when an offense relies solely on one player he will shut that player down and make someone else beat us. sounds simple but it isn't. I think we throw the kitchen sink at Dak, well will make him uncomfortable and keep a spy on him on passing downs and make his arm beat us. also even if derunya Wilson plays he won't be full strength and bielema has said before he likes to test opposing players returning from injury so I look for some high shots on derunya to test out that stinger

code red

Weather will be a huge factor for us.  Hi 41 that day with wind at night 15-20 out of the NNW.  Love it.  Makes me feel all warm inside.

gmarv

they looked really good against bama.just like lsu did,i,m thinking same song second verse.

Porkette

Actually, I feel like I've seen more people saying "We better not take Miss State lightly" than people actually taking them lightly. We're a 6-4 team finally heading home. Our players should be hungry to finish strong. It will be a tough game. I'm just as concerned about the next week against Missouri though.
GO HOGS GO!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

8-4 sure would be nice!

The Hogs won't take this game lightly. Some fans may however, the team will not.

WPS!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

code red

Quote from: Porkette on November 19, 2015, 02:44:15 pm
Actually, I feel like I've seen more people saying "We better not take Miss State lightly" than people actually taking them lightly. We're a 6-4 team finally heading home. Our players should be hungry to finish strong. It will be a tough game. I'm just as concerned about the next week against Missouri though.
Missouri will get beat by Tenn.......Miss State is coming off a beating at the hands of the best and most physical team in the country.  All is good now...everybody go buy a bottle of hooch...get out your carhartts and make it loud.

gopigs

Quote from: code red on November 19, 2015, 02:36:27 pm
Weather will be a huge factor for us.  Hi 41 that day with wind at night 15-20 out of the NNW.  Love it.  Makes me feel all warm inside.

OTR addressed the weather this morning, locked the thread, and swallowed the key. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to hear anymore about it from you, Weather Dan, or G Lewis.

ballz2thewall

this is a "duh" comment, admittedly,

containing dak is the key to the game as it was last year. too loose, too often, and we got a long afternoon ahead of us.
The rest of the frog.

Hogsolo

If at this point this team isn't excited to show up and perform their best, it'll never happen.    Those seniors all will be fired up to go, so many ups and downs they've got to be fired up to grind and fight. 

Wildhog

MSU's a good team.  I wouldn't think they'd be overlooking them.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

scruf

GuvHog

Quote from: returntoglory on November 19, 2015, 01:13:04 pm
I hope they aren't taking it as easily as our fan base is. I've seen very little concern about how good MSU is. They aren't world beaters but they have one of the best qb's in the league. We better show up or the haters will have something to crow about on Saturday night.

After what happened earlier this season against Toledo and Texas Tech, I very seriously doubt the Hogs will take any other opponent lightly. There is just too much at stake and the team knows it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

wildturkey8

Our fans are certainly taking this for granted, still talking LSU, then Malik Monk not much about Dak and the Bulldogs.

LZH

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2015, 01:18:41 pmBut I'm always worried....

Me too.....ya really never know. At least we're going bowling.... but I'd love to see these kids play on/around NewYear's Day.

scruf

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2015, 03:35:19 pm
After what happened earlier this season against Toledo and Texas Tech, I very seriously doubt the Hogs will take any other opponent lightly. There is just too much at stake and the team knows it.
Texas Tech had their attention but the Hogs' backups weren't ready to be the starters. Totally different story now.

GuvHog

Quote from: scruf on November 19, 2015, 04:21:53 pm
Texas Tech had their attention but the Hogs' backups weren't ready to be the starters. Totally different story now.

Well said. This is not the Hog team that was beaten by Texas Tech. This Hog team is much, much better.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BassinHawg

Better have a Spy Package ready for Dak Prescott , don't let him run wild like Kelly did for Ole Piss.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogcard1964

Coach will have this team more than ready.  Regardless, this team is not as good as our last two opponents.

...and we're home.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: code red on November 19, 2015, 02:48:11 pm
Missouri will get beat by Tenn.......Miss State is coming off a beating at the hands of the best and most physical team in the country.  All is good now...everybody go buy a bottle of hooch...get out your carhartts and make it loud.

I'd actually don't know if would feel better if Mizzou eked out a narrow victory against Tenn or lost.

Either way I kind of expect their players to perform above their heads in Pinkle's last game but they have to beat Tenn to keep bowl dreams alive. I guess I am just wondering if a win this weekend would help get a bit of the Gipper out of their system or if it would just make their game against us all that more meaningful.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hoglady

If we get beat it won't be because we didn't show up or weren't ready to play.
It'll be because we couldn't contain Dak Prescott and the State receivers.
Any fan not afraid of probably the best QB is the SEC is a fool.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

scruf

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2015, 04:26:51 pm
Well said. This is not the Hog team that was beaten by Texas Tech. This Hog team is much, much better.
Agree. I think the difference in the game will be on the OL. MSU is fairly porous and Dak is going to have to throw a few balls away or eat the ball and live to play another down. On the other side of the ball, MSU's defense isn't good enough to keep the Hogs OL from having their way with them the way they did against OM and LSU. When the Hogs get up early, and they will, MSU will lose the QB run game and Dak will be even more of a target in the pocket. It has the potential to get really, really ugly for the Bulldogs.

hoglady

I think you aren't seeing the talk about this game as much as you would expect because of the Malik/Marcus Monk fiasco. That's temporarily drawn some attention away from the football team.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

scruf

Quote from: hoglady on November 19, 2015, 04:37:25 pm
BA is the best QB in the SEC right now and I'm definitely not afraid of him.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on November 19, 2015, 04:37:25 pm

It's basically a pick-em game after the home field advantage, it'll be a battle.

hoglady

Quote from: scruf on November 19, 2015, 04:39:26 pm
BA is the best QB in the SEC right now and I'm definitely not afraid of him.

Dak is one of the few QB's in the SEC good enough to beat us.
Teams with really good QB's have given us fits.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2015, 04:40:49 pm
It's basically a pick-em game after the home field advantage, it'll be a battle.

Of course it will be.
State should be just as afraid of BA.
We're going to see the 2 best QB's in the SEC go at it.

scruf

MSU's schedule is a farce. Before playing Alabama they played Troy (3-7), La. Tech (7-3), Kentucky (4-6), and Missouri (5-5). They've been tested once in the last 5 games and they failed miserably. They are fading. Hogs are rising. It won't be close.

Bacon_Bitz

I hope BA plays a super solid game.  Outgunning both Kelly and Prescott would help his All-SEC campaign a lot.