Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Everyone knows I'm a huge Steeler fan, but leaving this game alone
Let's make some waves.

Dunno if I told you guys, but this Friday me and two buddies from DFW will be in a plane to the Burgh arriving at noon.

Ride incline up MT Washington. Look it up pretty cool. Have drinks up top. Couple Southside Bars Friday night.

Strip district by the river Saturday.

Steelers / Colts Sunday

Primanti's sandwiches at least twice over the weekend.

Recover in Monday morning. Board plane 6:00 pm Monday night for return to DFW!

Wahooooo!
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 20, 2014, 07:09:58 pm
Dunno if I told you guys, but this Friday me and two buddies from DFW will be in a plane to the Burgh arriving at noon.

Ride incline up MT Washington. Look it up pretty cool. Have drinks up top. Couple Southside Bars Friday night.

Strip district by the river Saturday.

Steelers / Colts Sunday

Primanti's sandwiches at least twice over the weekend.

Recover in Monday morning. Board plane 6:00 pm Monday night for return to DFW!

Wahooooo!

You hiring?  My resume is short, no skill, not good at labor, suck at ATS bets, and demand high pay.

onebadrubi

jkstock04

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 19, 2014, 10:15:12 am
Gonna play the NFL this week, I have gotten hammered on my NFL picks so I figure I'm due (at least hope so!):

Kansas City Chiefs +3.5 -110, NFL....5 unit bet, W

Miami Dolphins +3.5 -110 (buy ½ pt), NFL....4 unit bet, W

Jacksonville Jaguars +6.0 -110, NFL.....2 unit bet, W

(Monday night game) Pittsburgh Steelers -3.0 -120, NFL....4 unit bet, W

(Added):

Dallas Cowboys -4.5 -110, NFL....2 unit bet, W

Steelers win puts me up 17 units on NFL picks for the week and went 5-0...LOL what a run.

I figured steelers were due a good game...started out shaky then took the momentum off turnovers and took the game over.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 20, 2014, 09:30:18 pm
You hiring?  My resume is short, no skill, not good at labor, suck at ATS bets, and demand high pay.

Lmao you might be out of luck
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 08:35:30 am
Well at least the steelers paid out last night then!  lol

Man effff the steelers. I swear no matter what I do I can't win a steelers game. Mofos scored 3 TDs in 90 seconds and make me lose.

Quote from: clutch on October 21, 2014, 08:46:25 am
Man effff the steelers. I swear no matter what I do I can't win a steelers game. Mofos scored 3 TDs in 90 seconds and make me lose.

Lmao sorry but that did make me laugh!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Didn't they score 24 points in 2 minutes and 40 seconds?

that was a fun 2nd quarter for sure. loved the steeler's d lineman getting the tip and interception after all the talk about Watt.

clutch

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 21, 2014, 01:18:39 pm
Didn't they score 24 points in 2 minutes and 40 seconds?

that was a fun 2nd quarter for sure. loved the steeler's d lineman getting the tip and interception after all the talk about Watt.

No. Not a fun 2nd quarter. Un fricken believable.

onebadrubi

Dropkick

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Dropkick on October 21, 2014, 01:24:22 pm
How about ASU -2.5 tonight?

hasn't gone below -3.5 on my site. I like ASU here but will be small. Tuesday night game haha.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Fort Dweller

Games I'm looking at this weekend

Memphis (-22) @ SMU
Texas @ KSU (-10)
North Texas @ Rice (-14.5)
Georgia So. (-16.5) @ Georgia St
Fla Atl @ Marshall (-28)
Vandy @ Mizzou (-20.5)
Boston College (-12.5) @ Wake Forest
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

onebadrubi

Dropkick

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 21, 2014, 01:32:06 pm
hasn't gone below -3.5 on my site. I like ASU here but will be small. Tuesday night game haha.
mine has moved up to 3.5 also

onebadrubi

mine has it at -3 and 57.5. 

I think I'm going to play the WS instead tonight.  Might put something small on it though.

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 02:05:37 pm
mine has it at -3 and 57.5. 

I think I'm going to play the WS instead tonight.  Might put something small on it though.

I want to play the WS too but don't really know how I feel about it. Bum has been awesome on the road, but the Royals have been playing out of their minds. I like the Royals defense to keep the score low. O/U at 6 1/2 for me. I think I might just take the U on it.

SPAL

onebadrubi

I'm taking Giants and the +1.5.  Might be dumb, but I win either way, could lose some on the juice, but I have a feeling its going to be a close scoring game! 

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 03:48:14 pm
I'm taking Giants and the +1.5.  Might be dumb, but I win either way, could lose some on the juice, but I have a feeling its going to be a close scoring game! 

The K is going to be rocking like never before. Think I may roll with the Royals on this one. I look for this to be a low scoring game.

Dropkick

widespreadsooie

I'm staying away from the football game tonight because my week night record is dismal but I do like ULL +3 quite a bit. I thought ULL would be favored being at home and a stud (for Sun Belt standards) at QB. Hudspeth is a great coach too who I would expect to get a win on prime time ESPN given this match up.

onebadrubi

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 21, 2014, 05:54:53 pm
I'm staying away from the football game tonight because my week night record is dismal but I do like ULL +3 quite a bit. I thought ULL would be favored being at home and a stud (for Sun Belt standards) at QB. Hudspeth is a great coach too who I would expect to get a win on prime time ESPN given this match up.

Good call.  Astate is getting pounded simply by handing the ball off.

onebadrubi

Which one of you addicts is the goofball behind home plate in the marlins gear and sideways visor?

SPAL

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 21, 2014, 08:15:49 pm
Which one of you addicts is the goofball behind home plate in the marlins gear and sideways visor?

Count me out...I would rather die than be caught in marlins, expo, philly, or met garb

Beaverfever

I think OSU goes full train wreck this weekend against WV and loses out.  They are terrible.   

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Beaverfever on October 22, 2014, 05:18:08 am
I think OSU goes full train wreck this weekend against WV and loses out.  They are terrible.   

I tend to agree here, was hoping the line was much higher. Will probably stay away.

Games I'm looking at:

MD +11
Ball St. +2.5
UMASS +17
TCU -22.5
GA So. -16
Utah +1
ORE St. +13.5

Also interested in seeing what this WAS/Zona St. line will be, thinking Huskies could win out right.

Hawgndaaz

I'm taking the hogs -24 Saturday.

UAB may start a backup and their best WR is banged up too.

I see us covering this by halftime, just hope he doesn't let off the gas in the 4th quarter with too many subs. I know UAB is good but this is another game where our giant linemen should dominate early and often.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 22, 2014, 09:13:05 am
I'm taking the hogs -24 Saturday.

UAB may start a backup and their best WR is banged up too.

I see us covering this by halftime, just hope he doesn't let off the gas in the 4th quarter with too many subs. I know UAB is good but this is another game where our giant linemen should dominate early and often.
I would be concerned with how they managed a tight game with Miss St.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 22, 2014, 09:20:31 am
I would be concerned with how they managed a tight game with Miss St.

well, it was in week 2. UAB runs the spread crap and throws it around. They threw for 400 or so and played 2 QBs.

MSU has given up 29,31,23 points to LSU, A&M, and Auburn.

Just saying, MSU isn't shutting anyone down on D, they're just unstoppable on offense.

DadVader1

I went ahead and took 2.5 units on each of these, thinking that I'd have to give up more points if I waited.

Miss St -14
OH St -14
Arizona -2.5

onebadrubi

Royals straight up tonight.  1 unit. 

Waiting on my NHL handicapper to come through. 

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 01:49:56 pm

:)
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Dropkick

I like KC tonight for a smidge. Peavy is the key.

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 01:49:56 pm

Playing Pens tonight -1.5. 100 to win 130.00
Let's make some waves.

Fort Dweller

Cal +18
Georgia Southern -16.5
TCU -23
Vandy +21
Boston College -12.5
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 22, 2014, 05:58:43 pm
Playing Pens tonight -1.5. 100 to win 130.00

Looks like I bombed in first pucks bet of the year.  Should have been easy coin.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 22, 2014, 09:20:42 pm
Looks like I bombed in first pucks bet of the year.  Should have been easy coin.

Well I'm glad I didn't see your play then.  I was looking at that one but ended up taking Anaheim over Buffalo 135 to win 100. 

Hopefully the Royals can hang on to this win. 

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 09:40:40 pm
Well I'm glad I didn't see your play then.  I was looking at that one but ended up taking Anaheim over Buffalo 135 to win 100. 

Hopefully the Royals can hang on to this win. 

Anaheim should be a solid play, but to me like most sports NHL is tough to pick this early in the season.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 22, 2014, 09:45:09 pm
Anaheim should be a solid play, but to me like most sports NHL is tough to pick this early in the season.

I wish I could have rode that chicago winning streak a year or two ago! 

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 09:48:32 pm
I wish I could have rode that chicago winning streak a year or two ago! 

Man that was insane. Weren't they like 24-3 or something at some point?
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 22, 2014, 10:41:14 pm
Man that was insane. Weren't they like 24-3 or something at some point?

Something like that and covering in almost every one

onebadrubi

October 22, 2014, 11:55:59 pm #7848 Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 12:06:53 am by onebadrubi
Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 22, 2014, 09:45:09 pm

Looks like I'm gonna lose on a power play with 3 minutes left.  BS!!!  Scratch that, scored 2 in last minute to win 4-1! 

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 22, 2014, 11:55:59 pm
Looks like I'm gonna lose on a power play with 3 minutes left.  BS!!!  Scratch that, scored 2 in last minute to win 4-1! 

:)
Let's make some waves.