Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 03:57:49 pm
Heard that. It shouldn't be possible for one person to guess wrong as often as I do.

Should be a little more to it than guessing.
Let's make some waves.

clutch

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 05, 2014, 08:26:40 pm

There is, but in the end it's still only a guess. Maybe an educated guess, but still a guess.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 09:11:23 pm
There is, but in the end it's still only a guess. Maybe an educated guess, but still a guess.
Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 05, 2014, 08:26:40 pm

Shoot, I feel like that's all I've done!  I'm watching New England pound what's suppose to be a well balanced bengals team to lose me a huge chunk of coin on the weekend, after going up big on Thursday and Friday night.

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 05, 2014, 09:26:33 pm
Shoot, I feel like that's all I've done!  I'm watching New England pound what's suppose to be a well balanced bengals team to lose me a huge chunk of coin on the weekend, after going up big on Thursday and Friday night.

I'm doing the same. The bengals winning was supposed to be the final piece to a good day for me. Now they are crapping the bed and ruining that for me.

clutch

Annnnnnndddd........ There goes my good weekend.

jkstock04

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 05, 2014, 09:26:33 pm
Me too...Bengals were my biggest bet of day on NFL, lol New England looks like a completely different team.

I've about decided there is no rhyme or reason for NFL betting. 100% gamble or guess. I feel like the trends and systems hold more true in the college game than the NFL.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

clutch

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 05, 2014, 09:58:27 pm
Me too...Bengals were my biggest bet of day on NFL, lol New England looks like a completely different team.

I've about decided there is no rhyme or reason for NFL betting. 100% gamble or guess. I feel like the trends and systems hold more true in the college game than the NFL.

I agree. NFL is hard. Even the really bad teams can win on any given day.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:38:54 pm
I agree. NFL is hard. Even the really bad teams can win on any given day.

I might have just lost more the median salary for the average Arkansan for a month on this weekend.  Back to booze

widespreadsooie

Haven't been able to check in since late Thursday so I'll just post some notes.

Great Saturday to jkstock, you make solid picks.

Will, admire your decision. I myself have an accounting degree. Arkansas '08 and I do taxes and financial statements now while working on a CPA. Best of luck to you.

I went 2-2 on Saturday:

Won on Utah +13.5 and GT -2
Lost on Rutgers -2.5 and UNC +3 (Not sure what I was thinking there)

Brings me to 15-13, a little up dollar wise due to max bet wins exceeding juice.

Games I like early for next Saturday:

ULM +20.5 @ KY
Baylor -10 vs. TCU
Hail State +2.5 vs. AUB
Okie Lite -20 @ KU
Hogs +9.5 vs. we know who
A&M -3 vs. OM

jkstock04

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 05, 2014, 07:52:30 am
Baltimore Ravens +3.5 -110 (buy ½ pt), NFL....2 unit bet, L

Buffalo Bills +7 -120 (buy ½ pt), NFL.....2 unit bet, W

Chicago Bears +3 -110 (buy ½ pt), NFL....2 unit bet, L

New Orleans Saints -10 -115 (buy ½ pt), NFL.....2 unit bet, L

Cincinnati Bengals -1.0 +100, NFL....4 unit bet, L

Good luck everyone!

Ouch! 1/5 on my picks today and a negative 8 units on the day. I would swear to it I'm done betting NFL games but I would prob be lying! Lol I'll get em next week, it will swing back my way eventually.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

SPAL

After Wisconsin laid an egg, I needed to take a few days to focus. I'll probably lay out tomorrow as well.

widespreadsooie

Clemson -12.5 vs. LOU and TX +14.5 vs. OU are two more of interest.

Barring any surprises this week I will probably load up in Bama. Hope people bet that thing down to 7
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 06, 2014, 01:50:40 am
Clemson -12.5 vs. LOU and TX +14.5 vs. OU are two more of interest.

Both of interest to me as well, but leaning opposite way on both!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 06, 2014, 01:58:05 pm

I like OU as well. Texas has a lot of trouble scoring

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 06, 2014, 04:08:36 pm
anyone liking cards at home tonight -105

I haven't bet the bases since June. So I dunno. That's sir pigs deal. I am ready for hockey though!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 06, 2014, 04:11:22 pm
I haven't bet the bases since June. So I dunno. That's sir pigs deal. I am ready for hockey though!

ha! I will bet hockey when it's time right behind ya. I've never been a baseball fan but betting it the last few weeks I've learned a whole lot about pitchers. still don't watch it but at least I know what folks are talking about.

BTW, had a parlay yesterday. I thought I had Broncos, Chargers, and Bengals... got on this morning and account had a lot more than expected. Looks like I accidently selected Bengals OVER instead of spread. OOPS. winner.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on October 06, 2014, 01:58:05 pm

Ha man, don't really like hearing that. I like TX a lot more due to OU coming off a deflating loss and the rivalry aspect of the match up.

Quote from: widespreadsooie on October 06, 2014, 05:07:44 pm
Ha man, don't really like hearing that. I like TX a lot more due to OU coming off a deflating loss and the rivalry aspect of the match up.

Yes sir. Two of the reasons I like OU. That and think Texas actually beat them last year. Could be wrong there and not gonna research it early in the week. Just gut feel for now. That and horns are Boo Boo!
Let's make some waves.

clutch

Seahawks got me a win tonight. Now just hoping the cards can hang on to make me 2-2 tonight.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 06, 2014, 10:53:27 pm
Seahawks got me a win tonight. Now just hoping the cards can hang on to make me 2-2 tonight.

I actually teased both ways then put some on the money line... I made back about 15% of what I lost.  Time to work my way back in the game! 

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2014, 11:16:18 pm
I actually teased both ways then put some on the money line... I made back about 15% of what I lost.  Time to work my way back in the game! 

I took a pretty big risk and made back most of my losses from what the bengals cost me. Got pretty lucky with that late Seattle fg and that rosenthal didn't blow it.

Thinking about taking the cards again tomorrow since they dominate Kershaw in the postseason but it's still scary ever picking against Kershaw.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 06, 2014, 11:22:38 pm
I took a pretty big risk and made back most of my losses from what the bengals cost me. Got pretty lucky with that late Seattle fg and that rosenthal didn't blow it.

Thinking about taking the cards again tomorrow since they dominate Kershaw in the postseason but it's still scary ever picking against Kershaw.

Kershaw was lights out when his back was against the wall on three days test last time I believe.  You might want to check that out first.  On the contrary, with Kemps public yet correct stroke zone outcry, I imagine this will be a hitters game.  I might look at the O

Hawgndaaz

clutch

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 07, 2014, 09:38:24 am
Kershaw was lights out when his back was against the wall on three days test last time I believe.  You might want to check that out first.  On the contrary, with Kemps public yet correct stroke zone outcry, I imagine this will be a hitters game.  I might look at the O

He was. He's also 0-3 in his last 3 postseason starts against the Cardinals though. I'm not touching it I don't think.

clutch

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 07, 2014, 10:09:29 am
Russell Wilson bout to get paid.

Keep in mind many of these players are going to be in contract years the same year or year after wilson.  He's smart enough to know that without lynch and some of that defense, he wouldn't be as good.  Making less than 900.000 now, he's gonna soak up a lot of cap space, as he should!  But he will be correlated too the flaco deal... Lots of twist to this.  Got to keep those DB's, and LB's, along with lynch

clutch

Quote from: clutch on October 07, 2014, 10:14:13 am
He was. He's also 0-3 in his last 3 postseason starts against the Cardinals though. I'm not touching it I don't think.

Well I took the plunge and took the Cards. Rosenthal has me on the edge of my seat right now.

clutch

Cards come through again for me! Now it's up to the giants to finish my night off right.

onebadrubi

Quote from: clutch on October 07, 2014, 07:14:25 pm
Cards come through again for me! Now it's up to the giants to finish my night off right.

After all I said I jumped on the cards too!  Ha. Nice win there!  Lets hope the giants pull it off, meanwhile I'm gonna return to my seat at the tables here at the Hardrock

Hawgndaaz

Good luck on the tables. Hang out at the sports book and get us some tips for Saturday.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 07, 2014, 07:52:58 pm
Good luck on the tables. Hang out at the sports book and get us some tips for Saturday.

Tip #1 "don't eat yellow snow"...
Tip #2. Don't pound water all day then try to sit here without piss breaks.

I'm in biloxi for work.  No book unfortunately.  After the seeming bash everyone took this weekend, I did some research.  Not many tips to be given from experts, they are as clueless as a Pentecostal nun about to get laid,  last weekend shook em up bad!

clutch

Thank you Giants. Hit a pretty nice parlay there.

Should have started betting baseball a long time ago since it's the sport I know best. 7-0 this postseason.

jkstock04

I'm all over Oregon -2.5 for this weekend. Probably a 5 unit bet, which is my biggest bet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Polecat

I like Ole Miss this weekend. I can see them being hungover from Bama game, but I just think they're better than the Aggies
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hawgndaaz

For you boxing guys, Does Jermain Taylor look good at +230 for the IBF fight?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on October 08, 2014, 10:54:28 am

That's in my hotel tonight!  I had no idea and when I walked in I saw the ads for the weigh in yesterday.  I got to believe he's going to fight for his life because of that shooting trial looming...  I know so little about boxing thoygh

hollywood hog

Drs have told him never to box again.  His trainer previously said he wouldn't train him due to health concerns.  He's 36. Taylor wasn't even that great in his prime in my opinion.  I'd be careful.

clutch

Taylor's days are long gone. He shouldn't even be in the fight to begin with. His management somehow got him a fight he wasn't really deserving of. There's a reason everyone that was around him tried to talk him into retiring. Lou flat out dropped him when he decided to not retire.

Dr's cleared him to fight, but he seems to get KO'd pretty easily now.

Tai_Mai_Shu

I wouldn't touch it. His chin and speed has declined rapidly.

Quote from: Polecat on October 08, 2014, 10:43:10 am
I like Ole Miss this weekend. I can see them being hungover from Bama game, but I just think they're better than the Aggies

I'm not touching that game either way!
Let's make some waves.

clutch

Quote from: Tai_Mai_Shu on October 08, 2014, 02:31:49 pm
I wouldn't touch it. His chin and speed has declined rapidly.

I saw the O/U at 9 1/2 rounds. I'm thinking about taking the U. I could see him getting KO'd before then. Even though Soliman isn't much of a KO guy.

Doubt I touch it though. Soliman isn't much either and he's 40.

DadVader1

I feel better about the spreadsheet picks this week than I did last week.  So far, I've done 1.5 units each on:

Idaho +22
Ark St. -9.5
C. Mich +9
Fresno -10
Old Dominion +3
W. Virginia -5.5

I like that the lines have moved toward virtually every one of the sheets' finalists this week, including a couple that moved a bit too much to make the final cut.   Old Dominion and Central Michigan both fell into a trend that has gone 23-1 on the year, as well as in several other nice trends.

Hawgndaaz

Looking at the Colts -3 tonight @ Houston

like so far:
Louisville +10
West Virginia -6.5 @ Texas Tech
ECU -16.5 @ S. Florida
OU -15 v Texas

widespreadsooie

Locked in a few this morning:

A&M -2.5
Hogs +10
ULM +21.5

Still looking at:

Miss St. +3/or ML
Baylor -8
Texas +14.5
LSU -1

jkstock04

Tonight's card:

Texans +3.5...2 unit bet

BYU/UCF Under 45....4 unit bet
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

On Colts -3 / dime play.

Not touching the college game.
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

October 09, 2014, 06:12:24 pm #7648 Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:54:48 pm by yraciv
Not touching the college game ether.

clutch