Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chaney / Pittman - what happened?

Started by twistitup, September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 13, 2017, 08:00:56 pm
By your reason we should let Bielema play it our right?  After all, Chaney has been in the sec longer than Bielema.  DA

I will be in Dallas supporting Enos and CBB - but that does not mean I have faith in them, just pulling for them to turn it around. I love surprises.

Like a trotline.....you never know what your going to get- maybe we win out!

Go Hogs
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 07:58:47 pm
Overall history looks like darn for Chaney.

That's why it's fun - our ex oc takes a better job in the same conference...let's see the results under different leadership

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 13, 2017, 08:00:05 pm

Ohhh so. Cause some writers put numbers in front of a team in second week of the season it makes them good. Glad to know we don't use facts from the previous year to grade teams or coaches, now we can forget last year for bielema and call him 1-1 this year and only be mad at the tcu game, not the ongoing issue... by your completely STUPID logic.

I'm good with that - forget EVERYTHING.....let's start at being mad at the TCU game only and base our opinions on our team moving forward

PorkRinds

Porkchop#1

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 08:17:04 pm
I'm good with that - forget EVERYTHING.....let's start at being mad at the TCU game only and base our opinions on our team moving forward
Pssst...Mr Twister...remember saying you don't post much in MMQB?  It'd be a really good idea if you got back to that.  Read all you like...but please, don't post!  Puhleeze!!

twistitup

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 13, 2017, 08:45:09 pm
Pssst...Mr Twister...remember saying you don't post much in MMQB?  It'd be a really good idea if you got back to that.  Read all you like...but please, don't post!  Puhleeze!!

It's football season - I'll be here.

Go Hogs

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm
Now at Georgia....Smart considered them 'homerun' hires...the the Georgia program is on the upswing.

Why did these guys not work out at AR?

Did we upgrade?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/derek-dooley-landing-chaney-pittman-huge-kirby-smart

http://gridironnow.com/sam-pittmans-departure-from-arkansas-ruffles-some-feathers/
Its all  about the talent.  Chaney and Pittman have way more to work with at Ga than at Ark.  Makes them look like much better coaches.  That is most likely why they left.  They saw how hard it was going to be to build anything at Ark and when Kirby Smart came a callin, they jumped at chance.  They went from having recruiting classes in the mid 20s in the nation to top 5 or top 10 classes. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 13, 2017, 08:53:13 pm
Its all  about the talent.  Chaney and Pittman have way more to work with at Ga than at Ark.  Makes them look like much better coaches.  That is most likely why they left.  They saw how hard it was going to be to build anything at Ark and when Kirby Smart came a callin, they jumped at chance.  They went from having recruiting classes in the mid 20s in the nation to top 5 or top 10 classes.

Chaney was let go. Worked at Pitt for a season then went to GA. He got the job to get Pittman to come to GA.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 08:48:18 pm
It's football season - I'll be here.

Go Hogs
That's fine, love you being here, reading other's post.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 08:18:49 pm
Sho nuff.

It's been fun for me.  I was afraid I'd never get to bash Chaney again.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on September 13, 2017, 09:35:13 pm
It's been fun for me.  I was afraid I'd never get to bash Chaney again.

I gotta say, you were ahead of your time.

NoogaHog

Go watch the GA/Vandy game last year and remember that Chaney called that steaming pile.

I know, I know, Enos called the Auburn game last year and the TCU game. But Chaney is not some kind of savant.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 13, 2017, 08:59:14 pm
Chaney was let go. Worked at Pitt for a season then went to GA. He got the job to get Pittman to come to GA.
yep, that is right.  Completely forgot it.  Pittman is the one who bolted to go work with Chaney. 

Nevertheless, Im sure they find it much easier to get a visit or get interest from a 4 or 5 star recruit when they are calling from UGa instead of Ark.  Im sure they see the difference in the roster of UGa compared to Ark. 

NoogaHog

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 07:53:21 pm
Play out?  Chaney's record as OC vs. SEC has played out plenty:

Jim Chaney's OC record vs. SEC

Tennessee
2009: 4-4
2010: 3-5
2011: 1-7
2012: 1-7

Total: 9-23

Arkansas
2013: 0-8
2014: 2-6

Total: 2-14

Georgia
2016: 4-4
2017: ?

Total: 15-41

With NFL QB's under center
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

twistitup

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 14, 2017, 02:55:27 pm
Go watch the GA/Vandy game last year and remember that Chaney called that steaming pile.

I know, I know, Enos called the Auburn game last year and the TCU game. But Chaney is not some kind of savant.

Not a savant - no doubt...I just don't think we are much better off now.

I don't know if CBB can recruit / retain a quality coaching staff  - he hasn't been able to in 5 years

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 03:39:08 pm

I don't know if CBB can recruit / retain a quality coaching staff  - he hasn't been able to in 5 years

The position coaches are the weakness.  You could argue the coordinators are a wash or slight improvement over what he started with in 2013.  The position coaches are not, and while the coordinators put in the game plan the position coaches develop the talent and correct mistakes week to week.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PorkRinds

Quote from: twistitup on September 14, 2017, 03:39:08 pm

Still riding out this abortion of a thread huh?

MushroomCloudHog

Sam Pittman was going to be difficult to replace. We are seeing that from last year and this year. Losing an all conference running back also doesn't help. The 2017 Razorback football team is in trouble. We are a running football team w/out the ability to run the football consistently. If we aren't able to run the ball it will be a long season ending with a losing record.

tbhogfan

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 12:01:25 pm
Now at Georgia....Smart considered them 'homerun' hires...the the Georgia program is on the upswing.

Why did these guys not work out at AR?

Did we upgrade?

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/derek-dooley-landing-chaney-pittman-huge-kirby-smart

http://gridironnow.com/sam-pittmans-departure-from-arkansas-ruffles-some-feathers/

Pittman was a grand slam hire.  Arkansas went from a truly dominant line with him, to a line that regularly can't punch it in from 2 yards out now.  Chaney was a bunt for a single hire, but with a great line many good things can happen.
Go Hogs!

twistitup

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 15, 2017, 10:09:59 am
Pittman was a grand slam hire.  Arkansas went from a truly dominant line with him, to a line that regularly can't punch it in from 2 yards out now.  Chaney was a bunt for a single hire, but with a great line many good things can happen.

They both coach at Georgia now - a true step up from the mess we have to deal w here at AR. CBB can't retain a staff - and that I believe is the problem.

Instability at the top - trickles down.....

onebadrubi

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 15, 2017, 10:09:59 am

You have failed to remember all the times when Pittman was here and we failed to get 1-2 yards on a goalline play or 3rd or 4th and short.  The complaint when he was here is we couldn't get any push. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2017, 01:13:21 pm
You have failed to remember all the times when Pittman was here and we failed to get 1-2 yards on a goalline play or 3rd or 4th and short.  The complaint when he was here is we couldn't get any push.

Exactly. He had the same issue.

twistitup

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 01:42:56 pm

Nothing has changed.

All the coaching changes....but on the field we have the same issues we have had since CBB got off the plane.

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 15, 2017, 04:03:31 pm
Nothing has changed.

All the coaching changes....but on the field we have the same issues we have had since CBB got off the plane.

Lol you talk in circles trolling and just proved you are nothing but a troll

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 15, 2017, 05:25:07 pm
Lol you talk in circles trolling and just proved you are nothing but a troll

Yep. It's one thing to dislike CBB. It's another thing to use absolutely garbage arguments over and over and create ignorant threads that literally have zero validity. This dip darn actually said GA thought chaney was a homerun hire. They friggin hate the guy.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: twistitup on September 15, 2017, 04:03:31 pm
Nothing has changed.

Something has changed, you were shown to  wrong about Chaney & Pittman, so there is that, you just make a left turn and act like you know. 

Everyone knows we still have problems, but unlike you, everyone one else knew Chaney & Pitt were not the good ole days.

You just heard about Georgia beating Notre Dame and assumed these were the 'Dawgs of Dooley and the Irish of Parseghian, not even close.

HoggyCat

Quote from: twistitup on September 13, 2017, 02:18:39 pm
You will be waiting for a long time - the season will play out and my argument will be proven true.

Chaney will out coach Enos - stats will tell the tale.

Mark this thread, let's revisit

Georgia will be happy w Chaney - we will be wanting Enos fired

And the ones wanting Enos fired won't admit or even realize what the real problem is.  It's a controlling Nutt clone. We'll neve know what either could do as Long as Bert keeps his fingers on everything.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Russ22

The rumor I heard is Pittman was tired of being Bert's designated driver after long days in the BAC.

I know Chaney was a pass first guy, and it just wasn't going to work between them.
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

twistitup

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 16, 2017, 04:10:34 pm
And the ones wanting Enos fired won't admit or even realize what the real problem is.  It's a controlling Nutt clone. We'll neve know what either could do as Long as Bert keeps his fingers on everything.

Why didn't Enos blow it up when he was the HEAD coach at CMU? He failed miserably and was shown the door....to Arkansas

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 15, 2017, 01:42:56 pm

Maybe. But he developed the lineman.  How many NFL lineman did he develope for Arkansas?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MushroomCloudHog on September 16, 2017, 09:33:07 pm

Maybe. But he developed the lineman.  How many NFL lineman did he develope for Arkansas?

Swanson, Kirkland and Tretola were all on 53 man rosters. Jefferson, Skipper and Cook all on practice squads or training camps.

Ragnow clearly will also be drafted

MushroomCloudHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 16, 2017, 09:38:45 pm
Swanson, Kirkland and Tretola were all on 53 man rosters. Jefferson, Skipper and Cook all on practice squads or training camps.

Ragnow clearly will also be drafted

I'm no football expert....but I have to think think that's pretty damn good no?

twistitup

hoglady

The Chaney/Pittman show looked pretty good today.
Must say I was surprised Ms. St didn't put up more of a fight.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

twistitup

What happened w GA?

They are #5 - things are looking good....what happened with those guys here? Our rebuild MAY be complete if we just had a little more patience.

grayhawg

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 06:38:10 pm
What happened w GA?

They are #5 - things are looking good....what happened with those guys here? Our rebuild MAY be complete if we just had a little more patience.

And Georgia's athletes

PorkRinds

Chaney will screw it up. Sit back and watch.

grayhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 07:44:51 pm
Chaney will screw it up. Sit back and watch.
Would not surprise me one bit

grayhawg

What happened here is Chaney was let go and Pittman loafed through a year before joining him.

onebadrubi

Yeah, it's all about those two coaches.  It's funny though, the studs on that offense were there before they got there and they have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with shutting the other team out which is what happened. 

Twist just trolling it up

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: factchecker on September 13, 2017, 07:53:21 pm
Play out?  Chaney's record as OC vs. SEC has played out plenty:

Jim Chaney's OC record vs. SEC

Tennessee
2009: 4-4
2010: 3-5
2011: 1-7
2012: 1-7
Total: 9-23

Arkansas
2013: 0-8
2014: 2-6
Total: 2-14

Georgia
2016: 4-4
2017: ?

Total: 15-41

One question is "Why hire the guy as Arkansas 's OC after seeing that Tennessee record"?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 03, 2017, 06:47:23 am
One question is "Why hire the guy as Arkansas 's OC after seeing that Tennessee record"?

Seems to working out great for Georgia

Why ask why....they are #5 in the nation I believe

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 02, 2017, 09:14:16 pm
Yeah, it's all about those two coaches.  It's funny though, the studs on that offense were there before they got there and they have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with shutting the other team out which is what happened. 

Twist just trolling it up

It's about rebuilding a program

Kirby Smart seems to be getting it done...They fired a coach and moved onto another just like we did - with better results. If we don't have the studs - it's our own damn fault

CBB came into Fville with a 'dream team' of coaches that he hand selected - no reason to bash them now as they move onto more successful programs. It's beginning to look like the problem was CBB....as he continues to struggle in the rebuilding process.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on October 03, 2017, 10:00:03 am
Seems to working out great for Georgia

Why ask why....they are #5 in the nation I believe

They also have players playing on other parts of the team.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

twistitup

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 03, 2017, 11:42:25 am
They also have players playing on other parts of the team.

Very true...so did we when they were here. It  didn't work here - fact....It's working great in Georgia thus far - fact.

I don't know what happened here, but CBB must shoulder some of the blame. We had a POTENTIALLY great staff and it fell apart for one reason or another but those that left went on to be successful.

Kirby Smart is in his 3rd year - and he is doing great with our old offensive coaches.... CBB is in his 5th year and is struggling - begs the question...What Happened?

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on October 03, 2017, 10:01:33 am
It's about rebuilding a program

Kirby Smart seems to be getting it done...They fired a coach and moved onto another just like we did - with better results. If we don't have the studs - it's our own damn fault

CBB came into Fville with a 'dream team' of coaches that he hand selected - no reason to bash them now as they move onto more successful programs. It's beginning to look like the problem was CBB....as he continues to struggle in the rebuilding process.

Only a true idiot doesn't see a difference in situation between the coaching changes from BP to BB and Richt to Smart.

grayhawg

Quote from: twistitup on October 03, 2017, 12:53:03 pm
Very true...so did we when they were here. It  didn't work here - fact....It's working great in Georgia thus far - fact.

I don't know what happened here, but CBB must shoulder some of the blame. We had a POTENTIALLY great staff and it fell apart for one reason or another but those that left went on to be successful.

Kirby Smart is in his 3rd year - and he is doing great with our old offensive coaches.... CBB is in his 5th year and is struggling - begs the question...What Happened?
Nobody is defending CBB

jbcarol

Georgia practice report: Jim Chaney wasn't happy

QuoteGeorgia offensive coordinator Jim Chaney isn't usually the loudest and angriest coach at practice. But he was on Tuesday.

Chaney didn't like the way scout-teamers were lining up for a drill during the media viewing period. The scout-team was supposed to give defensive backs a look, and Chaney yelled furiously at them to get in the right spot.

A few minutes later, when the drill was over, Chaney was still unhappy.

"Waste of (word edited out) time," Chaney shouted. "Waste of (word edited out) time."

Oh, and so what about the non-scout teamers? A few more notes and observations from the viewing period:

Jake Fromm was indeed going first during a play polish drill, when the quarterbacks were handing off to tailbacks. Jacob Eason was going second, and Brice Ramsey was going third. That's not outright confirmation that Fromm will start a fifth straight game on Saturday, but it probably would have been a surprise if Eason was first. (This report would have led with it, for instance, and Derek Mason fully expects Fromm to start, as the Vanderbilt coach elucidated earlier in the day.)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net