Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oakland beats Tennessee 89-81

Started by mmhogs17, November 28, 2011, 09:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mmhogs17

November 28, 2011, 09:58:31 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:09:44 pm by mmhogs17
They've won 4 in a row, including a wins over Houston & Tennessee.

Our win looking much better.

The Boar War

They've been up 10+ at different points in the game.  Hamilton is having a good game.

mmhogs17

Under a minute left, Oakland up 83-77.

Reggie Hamilton, the star PG for Oakland we contained has 31 points.

The_Iceman

This team would have been soooo good with Powell. What a shame.

WhenPigsFly

If we played them now, they'd probably beat us, too.  JMO.

booogaga

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on November 28, 2011, 10:28:58 pm
If we played them now, they'd probably beat us, too.  JMO.
Sad but prob true. Sucks that Marshawn is out.
GO HOGS!

Danny J

I thought oakland was better than their showing against us. You can see what playing better competition does in preparation for upcoming games allows. After they played us it was houston and now tennessee. They are improving. This is why we need to really step up non conf scheduling starting next year. I know we play in maui but I want to see us playing even tougher games before conference. The better the competition the quicker these young guys will learn. It's not like the BCS. You can lose some games and the NCAA selection committee takes into account who you lost to and how early in the season.

The_Bionic_Pig

On the other hand if Powell was in the game -vs- Houston were undefeated right now.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 29, 2011, 01:42:45 am
On the other hand if Powell was in the game -vs- Houston were undefeated right now.

maybe they would have beat Houston without Powell had they had a couple of cupcakes to get over the loss of him.  As Mike said, they were in a fog.  It will be interesting to see this team going forward, you would think because they are so young they will struggle but you never know. UConn and OU will tell us alot.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 28, 2011, 10:03:05 pm
Under a minute left, Oakland up 83-77.

Reggie Hamilton, the star PG for Oakland we contained has 31 points.
This is what I was thinking when Hamilton was going off on the Vols. Our guards really held this kid down and their coach said in the postgame conf. that teams usually can't contain him. He really was impressed with how quick we are and how much intensity we played with. Really made me feel good about our guards and if we can get our post game going we could do some things.

The Hogfather

I think we might beat Oklahoma.  UCONN will be tough.

I really wish we had Powell.  With him, we were looking at 20+ wins, in my opinion.  Without him, it's going to be tough.

I agree with what was said above that we probably still could've beaten Houston if we just had a couple of scrub games before it.  Instead, the team learned they'd be without Powell for a long time less than 24 hours before they had to play in NLR.

Arkansas basketball just can't catch a break.

Boston RedHogs

Oakland and Houston are quality teams.

It's a shame that we lost Powell for the season because I think we could have surprised some people by getting to the NCAAT.

However, in his absence, I think we have some great talent (the one thing really lacking the last few years aside from quality coaching!) that will still win us some games despite only having 9 active scholarship players.

This is going to be a fun team to watch.  I hope people understand the obstacles we face this year and think of this as a year to really enjoy watching a young team blossom as the season progresses.

cashmoneyman_04

we go NCAA with Powell...still think it will be a good and fun season but man sucks bout powell
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

mizzouman

Oakland has always been a pretty good team and they are almost unbeatable at home.  We played there several years ago because we wanted to play a game in the Detroit area for some of the kids on the team.  They gave us everything we wanted and almost won. 

But, they are a different team on the road.  We beat them easily at home. 

By the way, is this a home/home series with them?  If so, watch out for them next year at Oakland. 

HawgnCorona

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 29, 2011, 01:42:45 am

This ^^^^^right heeere!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8