Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cheerleader get kicked out of AZ game....

Started by twistitup, February 16, 2018, 06:27:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

You know its almost tournament time and college bball is getting very serious....they are even throwing cheerleaders out for heckling players

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cheerleader-ejected-heckling-arizonas-victory-arizona-state-043910087.html

Let's get it on...I'm ready for the tournament. I feel like the Hogs are peaking at the right time.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hogsanity

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2018, 06:27:41 am
You know its almost tournament time and college bball is getting very serious....they are even throwing cheerleaders out for heckling players

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cheerleader-ejected-heckling-arizonas-victory-arizona-state-043910087.html

Let's get it on...I'm ready for the tournament. I feel like the Hogs are peaking at the right time.

Actually was kicked out for violating NCAA rules on the use of megaphones by cheerleaders. Had he just yelled without it he'd have been fine, according to quotes in the article.

Ref showed restraint, could have assessed a T to the team as well but chose not to.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

twistitup

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2018, 09:46:49 am
Actually was kicked out for violating NCAA rules on the use of megaphones by cheerleaders. Had he just yelled without it he'd have been fine, according to quotes in the article.

Ref showed restraint, could have assessed a T to the team as well but chose not to.

like I said...things are getting chippy. It was an important game - prob not the first cheerleader to yell through a megaphone while a dude is shooting. Never seen a cheerleader thrown out in my life - for any reason
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2018, 10:52:05 am
like I said...things are getting chippy. It was an important game - prob not the first cheerleader to yell through a megaphone while a dude is shooting. Never seen a cheerleader thrown out in my life - for any reason
good on the ref for doing this, though. People connected to the University are held to a higher standard and are expected to act courteously and professionally. What he did was the equivalent of cheering in the press box.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

theFlyingHog

Now if we can just get rid of the cowbells down in stark

Ugly Uncle

I was really expecting it to be a female cheerleader...and was disappointed when it was a dude. 

When someone says cheerleader I immediately think of a girl.  That would have been epic for a girl to have been that into a game to get kicked out.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

I was hoping it was a flash in the free throw shooters vision like Phelps did, by a girl cheerleader, but I guess this thread would have been in DST.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 16, 2018, 06:46:15 pm
I was hoping it was a flash in the free throw shooters vision like Phelps did, by a girl cheerleader, but I guess this thread would have been in DST.
At least we didn't get brown-spotted.

Birminghog

Quote from: twistitup on February 16, 2018, 10:52:05 am

Maybe not, but I was at an Arkansas/TCU game years ago where the cheerleading squad's behavior was so egregious that the president of the university disbanded the squad shortly thereafter and had new tryouts. I was there by invitation of some TCU alums/donors who were embarrassed about the whole thing, apologized profusely to me during and after the game, and wrote a letter to the president threatening discontinuation of funding if action was not taken. I'm not sure, but she might have been a former cheerleader. Regardless, she was a person of some means and clout.

pigture perfect

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 16, 2018, 06:14:18 pm
I was really expecting it to be a female cheerleader...and was disappointed when it was a dude. 

When someone says cheerleader I immediately think of a girl.  That would have been epic for a girl to have been that into a game to get kicked out.
A cheerleader is a girl, their male partners are Yellleaders, except for aTm. They are cheerleaders too.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

razCzar

A couple things:
-- Since when are the males called Yellleaders?  Back in the day, it was simply male or female cheerleaders.  I know this bc my male living group had two including the captain.
-- Thinking about it, don't recall seeing other than males using megaphones at any collegiate event.

pigture perfect

A couple of answers, I was a yellleader from 85-87. It's what you called the straight guys. And we did use megaphones.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

alohawg

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 16, 2018, 10:17:24 pm
A couple of answers, I was a yellleader from 85-87. It's what you called the straight guys. And we did use megaphones.

I thought they were all..........nvmd.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

PonderinHog

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

All dude cheerleaders should be kicked out!
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Ugly Uncle

I almost got kicked out of an Arkansas v. LSU football game for heckling a (male) cheerleader.

Fortunately I knew the UAPD person that came down to kick me out and I promised to behave myself.

True story.
Retired Radio Host

alohawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on February 17, 2018, 12:19:34 pm
I almost got kicked out of an Arkansas v. LSU football game for heckling a (male) cheerleader.

Fortunately I knew the UAPD person that came down to kick me out and I promised to behave myself.

True story.

+1 Haha, good stuff.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ArkyFan2626

DeltaBoy

My Daughter Cheered 7th-12th grade and they were banned from using Megaphones starting in the state Basketball playoffs her Jr and Sr years. Before that they used them in every game and sport.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.