Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st game agaisnt kentuck!

Started by flippinhogmana, March 24, 2017, 05:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

I dont have a good feed, there isnt one (except premium) on either univesity site.  Usually on away games there is at least stats on our site, but not today.  I can say that as of now it is 1-1 in the bottom of the second.  Cooper hit a homer for the only run for the hogs.  1st inning all the hogs struck out and storms gave up a homer as well.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Storms strikes out two in the bottom half of the inning and going to the top of the third, its still. 1-1

I dont have a lineup on this feed so I can just update the score basically.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Yani grounds out to third, back to the top of the order, one down (both pitchers have three ks)
Hiers struck out last tiem at bat, works a walk this time, one on, one out for presumably Russell
Russell strikes out for the second time
and Nicole pops up for the third out. 1-1 still.

flippinhogmana

Without a lineup I dont know the order, but the leadoff hitter hit a homer, and Storms has basically reitred them in order since except one hit (no walks or errors0, so she should be starting with the ninth place hitter and then back to the top of the order.
1st hitter walks (have no counts)
2nd hitter (Reed the leadoff hitter who homer last time) sacrifices the runner to second, who then advances on a wild pitch, now at third with one down
2nd place hitter grounds out to Yani but gets the rbi, 2-1 now the wildcats with the lead again
3rd place hitter lines out to Katie Russel at 3rd.  to the top of the fourth, Cooper, Belans and Canfield, then Diaz, and Bugarin 2-1 wildcats

flippinhogmana

Wildcats now have three hits and a walk, hogs with one hit and two walks
Cooper walks on four pitches (found a box score that is better) to lead it off, one on nobody our for
Belans who fouls out to 1b, runner on first, one down for
Canfield singles through the right side on a 0-2 count, Cooper to second, two on, one out for Diiaz, maybe she has some more clutch hitting in her for today.  Its kind of nice having a new heroin each game
Diaz is out (FC) something seems odd, Cooper was out trying to score, Canfield to third, Diaz on first, 2 down
Bugarin who has had some clutch pinch hitting up with two down, two on but strikes out swining, hogs have left four, to the bottom of the fourth hogs down 2-1

flippinhogmana

ist hitter (hard to keep track but should be the 4th place hitter) pops ut
2nd hitter grounds out (what seemed odd was a wild pitch that advance Cooper and Canfield to third and second that they added to the box scored later)
3rd hitter strikes out swinging, to the top of the 5th, I think its Yani up then the top of the order again, 2-1 cats.

flippinhogmana

Difference in the game right now other than the homers (which wee both leadoff homers, cats to open their first inning and Cooper to open the top half of the second) is that the cats got a hit when they needed it and we didnt
Yani lines out to ss on a 2-1 count
Hiers (who struck out and then walked) flies out to rf on a 0-1 count, two down
Russell walks on four pitches
Nicole gets her first hit in a while, a single to left on the first pitch she sees and now runners on first and second, two down for
Cooper (a homer and a walk) strikes out on a 1-2 count.  to the bottom of the inning.  2-1 cats

flippinhogmana

1st hitter up (I think its the ninth place hitter leading off) strikes out looking on a 1-2 count, one down
2nd hitter grounds out to ss, nobody on, two out in the bottom of the 5th
3rd hitter grounds out to ss as well, to the top of the 6th, 2-1 cats

flippinhogmana

Belans singles on a 3-2 count, and Parr runs for her, one on, nobody out
Canfield hits into an FC on the first pitch she sees, Parr out at second, one down Canfield on at first
Diaz walks for the second time moving Canfield to second, pr for Diaz.
Benz pinch hits for Bugarin, but hits into a FC and they get the lead runner, still first and second, now 2 gone
Yani grounds out.  Hogs have now outhit the cats, and have left more on base, but trail 2-1 going to the bottom of the sixth.  If they hold them here they will have one more crack at it with the top of the order.

flippinhogmana

1st hitter grounds out to Yani
2nd hitter singles (to cathcer? must have been either a bunt or a nubber that she beat out)
3rd hitter strikes out, two down runner on first
4th hitter grounds out to Yani, 2-1 cats to the top of the 7th and the top of the order for the hogs.

flippinhogmana

Hiers grounds out to third
Russell taps out to catcher
last chance Nicole Schroeder who has a strike out and a single so far who flies out to center to end.
Another well pitched tough loss for Autumn Storms four hits, (one of them a homer) but gave up the cluth hit that beat her and the hogs. 

psycHOGlogist

Tough luck loss for Storms - once again, we could not deliver a clutch hit when we needed one, and we had some chances. Still, a good match-up between two ace pitchers. Tomorrow is another opportunity. Go Hogs!

psycHOGlogist

And thanks for the pbp, flippin!

sw403

psycHOGlogist

Double header today - Sunday's game moved up due to weather concerns.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on March 25, 2017, 10:48:55 am
Double header today - Sunday's game moved up due to weather concerns.

Got any times on the games, can you do the pbp?

psycHOGlogist

First one starts at 2 pm CT, I think. It's going to be difficult for me to watch in real time.