Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We may not see it again this season, but it looks good today.

Started by ricepig, March 07, 2017, 03:53:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawg1221

Have we ever been ranked in softball? I doubt it. This season couldn't have started any better. Coach CD had a rough first season, which was expected. But I don't think many expected a great start like what we're seeing now. I know it's not in SEC play, but it doesn't matter. They used to stink up non conference play. And most good teams have a star player on the team. Well meet Nicole Schroeder. Like I said, this season couldn't have started better. I'm a big fan!

psycHOGlogist

Yes, we have been ranked in softball before, in 2013 (Larabee's last good year). We defeated 8 ranked teams that year (at the time we were ranked) and had 30 wins.

We just obliterated UMKC in a double-header (10-0, 13-1), so if we manage a respectable showing over the weekend against Bama, we have a shot at staying ranked. That will be tough - Bama has great pitching and a great home-field atmosphere, but ... you never know!

psycHOGlogist

Well, losing in a run-rule to Tulsa mid-week was overshadowed by winning two games against the #14 ranked Vols. We play against two teams mid-week this week I expect to beat, and then have a 3-game set on the road against #18 Kentucky. So we have every opportunity to stay ranked this week as well - I think it will take a win in Lexington and some good performances even if we lose one or two. Kentucky's pitchers are good, but not shut down like Osorio at Bama or, well, all of them at Florida, so we have a shot.

TheRazorback500

I am a big softball fan; had 2 girls that played and loved to follow the tournament trail. Congrats to the team for the ranking!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hawg1221

The softball team has clearly made strides since last year.  They are more competitive. However, the SEC is still just too tough with all the talent on these teams. I think we're about to leave the rankings for the rest of the year. But I definitely like the progress. Go hogs!