Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen Is Improving!!!

Started by HogCaller13, September 18, 2013, 02:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogCaller13

Brandon might be able to play afterall on Saturday. Great News if true.

Hogs: QB Allen shoulder improving, may play Sat
Respect Your Opponent, But Fear None!!! #1-0 WPS

FBREW000

great... now.. please provide me a link... TY

HogFanatic

Probably a reaction to the news that Nova is going to play.
Great, this game will feature two QBs who are at risk of serious injury.

bigred223

Where did you procure this information?

Tim Harris

Of course he is improving....every day post injury you are getting a little bit better.

HogCaller13

PorkSoda

Quote from: HogFanatic on September 18, 2013, 02:47:54 pm
Probably a reaction to the news that Nova is going to play.
Great, this game will feature two QBs who are at risk of serious injury.
If it was BA's non throwing shoulder he would have been back in the game.  I wouldn't be surprised if he plays, but it will probably still be sore if he does.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HogCaller13

Hogs: Injured QB Allen improving, may play
by Nate Allen
September 18, 2013
FAYETTEVILLE - Arkansas starting third-year sophomore quarterback Brandon Allen is improving from his shoulder injury and will travel to Piscataway, N.J for the Razorbacks' game Saturday with Rutgers (2-1). But Allen has not practiced, Arkansas Coach Bret Bielema said on Wednesday's SEC Media Teleconference.

Bielema called Allen's availability against Rutgers "a game time" decision. He said backup QB AJ Derby, quarterbacking last Saturday's 24-3 victory over Southern Miss after Allen injured his right (throwing) shoulder in the first quarter, and redshirt freshman Austin Allen, Brandon's brother, logged the practice snaps Tuesday.

Asked for a specific description of Allen's injury,  Bielema said, "You know what, I just don't want to get into anything structurally (not broken was Bielema's description during his Monday press conference). He definitely hurt his shoulder and it's his throwing arm, obviously. That's the concern.

"He's definitely gotten better. I know he was a lot better yesterday. We filled our roster for the trip that went to the airline today. He's definitely going with us. It'll just be a game-time decision. The good news is we've been able to get a lot of quality reps with our next quarterback which would be AJ Derby and then Austin Allen after that. So it will be a work in progress until we get to Saturday. If he (Brandon Allen) can't go, the next man will be in and we'll take that challenge. I loved the way AJ and Austin handled practice."

Could he foresee playing Brandon Allen Saturday without him practicing a down this week?

"I think the thing that will really benefit him is being a prepared starter for three games," Bielema said. "I know the thing that will really benefit from here is being a prepared starter for three games. I know he only played a limited amount in that third game. He gets better with every practice, don't get me wrong, but I think he's a guy you if you felt like Saturday he could roll, we'd go with him. But he hasn't practiced. Unless the doctors could guarantee me 100 percent that there's no risk whatever and B.A. could look me in the eye and tell me, 'Hey, I can guarantee you I can go, Coach, and he doesn't blink, that's the only way we could let him go."

Bielema said starting offensive tackles Gray Ollison of Malvern and David Hurd, both injured during the Southern Miss game and replaced by freshman backups Denver Kirkland and Dan Skipper, practiced Tuesday and appear ready against Rutgers. Strong safety Rohan Gaines, out the last two games with a knee injury suffered during the season-opening victory over Louisiana-Lafayette, and receiver Keon Hatcher, idled the last two games by a hamstring injury, are also ready to play.

Have your say...

Hawgon

You mean there is a chance that AJ Derby won't be able to use this game as a springboard to the Heisman Trophy?

ricepig

Gee, Bielema said in his SEC PC today that he was better and would travel. It's called gamesmanship, he also said unless cleared 100% by Dr.s, he wouldn't play.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawgon on September 18, 2013, 02:51:42 pm
You mean there is a chance that AJ Derby won't be able to use this game as a springboard to the Heisman Trophy?

Au contraire.  He'll be so well known in the state that they will name a famous horse race at Oaklawn after him.

The Arkansas...

SDZ_Hog

Keep them off guard a bit.  Might even have him take a few snaps in pregame warm up. Sling and all.

SPAL

EastexHawg

I just heard Tyler Wilson could possibly play against Alabama, too.  Boy, would that be a welcome sight after the debacle against UL-Monroe?

thefisher

I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

ricepig

Quote from: thefisher on September 18, 2013, 03:05:18 pm
Nice Find HogCaller13. Thanks! +1

Really, all you need to do is follow any of our beat writers on twitter, they all were quoting Bielema on his 11:10 SEC press conference.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 18, 2013, 03:03:39 pm
I just heard Tyler Wilson could possibly play against Alabama, too.  Boy, would that be a welcome sight after the debacle against UL-Monroe?

yeah. Same thing was said last year. I'll wait until I hear CBB say Allen is good to go or until he runs out onto the field to take our first snap from scrimmage.

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

HogCaller13

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:09:20 pm
Y'all getting your hopes up.
So You are saying there is no chance Brandon plays on Saturday? Bummer We are gonna lose now LOL.

HogCaller13

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on September 18, 2013, 03:09:03 pm
yeah. Same thing was said last year. I'll wait until I hear CBB say Allen is good to go or until he runs out onto the field to take our first snap from scrimmage.
You can thank Me for this post on Sat night. :}

3kgthog

I was told by a fellow that allegedly knows the UA docs that Allen has a 6-8 week type injury. The doc also said if it were his son, he'd do surgery now so BA could recover in time to actually help us. I'm doubting the truth in it due to HIPAA regulations, but ain't it fun to throw around rumors?

(notOM)Rebel123

"Did you hear the news?...Barney Fife shot himself in the chest!"
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rhames

Quote from: HogCaller13 on September 18, 2013, 03:12:20 pm
You can thank Me for this post on Sat night. :}

All you posted was an article that was written after coach b'a teleconference.

Is there a chance be plays? Sure because none of us really know the injury.

Using logic, it's safe to say AJ will be the qb

And just because I have a strong opinion ba won't play doesn't mean I think we lose. It will be a tough game though.

rhames

Oh and of course he will travel wih us.

Pretty sure Knile went to every game when he we out the whole season

Means nothing.

AugustaHog

I don't believe anything with the Allen situation (most of CBB's talk is coach speak and very guarded).  Either way, we don't benefit by Rutgers knowing what is happening, which is why he's a "game time decision".  If it is really 6-8 wk deal, then it benefits us to play it off as a minor injury that may heal in 4 days.  I am encouraged that we will have Hurd, Ollison, Hatcher, and Gaines though.  Those are 4 key guys. 

HF#1

Told y'all...  He was always going to be a "game time decision" even if Bielema knew he was not playing.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

swinetologist1

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 18, 2013, 03:17:55 pm
I was told by a fellow that allegedly knows the UA docs that Allen has a 6-8 week type injury. The doc also said if it were his son, he'd do surgery now so BA could recover in time to actually help us. I'm doubting the truth in it due to HIPAA regulations, but ain't it fun to throw around rumors?

Surgery for what has been described as an "AC Joint Bruise?" I'm not sure what the surgery would do for a bruise. I too will doubt the truth in this rumor.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

rhames

Quote from: swinetologist1 on September 18, 2013, 03:28:32 pm
Surgery for what has been described as an "AC Joint Bruise?" I'm not sure what the surgery would do for a bruise. I too will doubt the truth in this rumor.

It isn't a bruise

rljjr

This isn't the NFL. You can play these "who has an injury" kind of games. I'm not blaming anyone for it, either. It's the system ... and you do what you have to do. Bottom line is none of us really know -- and that's ok.

Mr. Porkleone

We should check with Bo Mattingly first.

HogCaller13

Hawg Balling

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:24:52 pm
Oh and of course he will travel wih us.

Pretty sure Knile went to every game when he we out the whole season

Means nothing.

True.

Allen going to Rutgers is reminiscent of Knile dressing out for the Cotton Bowl.

rhames

Quote from: HogCaller13 on September 18, 2013, 03:35:06 pm
I love the Hogville "DRS''.

Dude. It's just common sense man. He couldn't move his arm after the touchdown

If you think he is playing Saturday you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

braxhog

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:36:47 pm

Dude. It's just common sense man. He couldn't move his arm after the touchdown

If you think he is playing Saturday you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm not piling on you rhames, but are you basing your opinion off of something you know or heard, or just "common sense?" Legit question, not trying to flame or anything.

swinetologist1

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

rhames

Quote from: braxhog on September 18, 2013, 03:39:11 pm
I'm not piling on you rhames, but are you basing your opinion off of something you know or heard, or just "common sense?" Legit question, not trying to flame or anything.

Don't think you are coming at me at all

There really isn't such thing as a "bruised shoulder"

Internet searches can tell you what he probably has. Most believe it is a slight dislocated shoulder

If you watch the game and see him come up from the injury you can tell his arm is limp

RazorPiggie

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:30:50 pm

It isn't a bruise

I guess "no structural damage" doesn't mean what it use to.

rhames

Huckleberry Pig

rhames

I should have reworded it

In my opinion it is worse than a brusied shoulder

twistitup

Can you say 'coach speak'?

BA is not playing
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

braxhog

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:56:40 pm

I actually had a similar injury. Couldn't lift my arm for two days, but progressed to where I was throwing again by mid week. He has some built in recovery advantages that I didn't have. Not saying we had the exact same injury, but it is plausible that he could play if he progresses like I did. The  risk would be another blow to his shoulder. It is a risk. Hoping for the best. Long term health is the priority though.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rhames on September 18, 2013, 03:56:40 pm

Clint Stoerner explained the injury on the radio the other morning. Said he had the same injury in college.

Said that it's a bruise, but also a stretched shoulder. Depending on the severity, you could recover in 3-4 days, or 2 weeks. Just depends.

MissippHog

I guess the silver lining from that article is it mentions Ollison, Hurd, Hatcher, and Gaines will all be ready to play.  We really need Rohan back on the field.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: MissippHog on September 18, 2013, 04:38:57 pm
I guess the silver lining from that article is it mentions Ollison, Hurd, Hatcher, and Gaines will all be ready to play.  We really need Rohan back on the field.

I guess I missed it. What happened to Hurd. I thought he played all last Saturday?

Arkansas Fan

Let me guess...

Tim Horton said he was healthy and ready to play?

870hogfan

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on September 18, 2013, 04:41:03 pm
I guess I missed it. What happened to Hurd. I thought he played all last Saturday?

Hurd got hurt late in the game last Saturday.

razorbacksnum1

I bet Derby starts but I hope I'm wrong

RazorPiggie

Quote from: 870hogfan on September 18, 2013, 04:48:42 pm

Hurd got hurt late in the game last Saturday.

One of the things you miss while at the games I guess. Never knew.