Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

That basketball game was pitiful

Started by Lanny, December 30, 2005, 09:04:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I've had root canals less painful than watching a Heath coached basketball team.  Yawn
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WilsonHog

Now you've done it.

Bigred7987 will be around to curse your name shortly.

Musk up.

chewy chitlin

some observations:

no brewer
jefferson needs to be a 7th man
hill needs to be more aggresive on offense
ferguson is our version of the microwave
no thomas equals no physical presence in the 3 or 4 spot
i'd like to see more mccurdy and ferguson

austinhogfan

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

lunchbox72703

a win's a win............just like a fat girl is still good company when you're all alone on a friday night....

lunchbox72703

sometimes they're ugly, but its all that you need.....

hog caller

finally turned out good but i got sleepy.

jkstock04

I dont think Heath should be criticized after he wins a game...if he loses and gets out-coached I say let the bashing commence...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogfan1978

I think they just played down to their competition.  Anyone who played sports understands this happens.  Also several other big schools had tough games with weaker teams tonight.  We will be fine, just need to play some better teams and we will heat up.

Lanny

Tonight's first half was the worse exhibition of basketball I've seen.  This is the same team that quit on Stan last year, he doesn't have their confidence.

Al Bundy

hogfankb

10-2. Get back to me when we start losing. We may fall apart when SEC play rolls around. But IMO we won't

bigred7987

No its just the pessimism amazes me.  One bad shooting half and you guys call for Heath's head.  Give it time.  Lets see how we play vs. SEC teams....not Texas Pan-American or w/e they are.  If they blow it in SEC play then yeah they have problems but you guys take it to a whole new level because we aren't beating a bad team by a big enough margin?  Seriously just repeat that to yourself. 

Lanny

Quote from: bigred7987 on December 30, 2005, 09:55:48 pm
No its just the pessimism amazes me. One bad shooting half and you guys call for Heath's head. Give it time. Lets see how we play vs. SEC teams....not Texas Pan-American or w/e they are. If they blow it in SEC play then yeah they have problems but you guys take it to a whole new level because we aren't beating a bad team by a big enough margin? Seriously just repeat that to yourself.

Did you watch this team last year?  Have you seen any improvement?  Tonight's game was pathetic

Al Bundy

Hogz87

Quote from: chewy chitlin on December 30, 2005, 09:09:46 pm
some observations:

no brewer
jefferson needs to be a 7th man
hill needs to be more aggresive on offense
ferguson is our version of the microwave
no thomas equals no physical presence in the 3 or 4 spot
i'd like to see more mccurdy and ferguson

Brewere didn't play in this one?  Or what are you saying here?

Lanny

Brewer had 2 points  may have been ill tonight.

Al Bundy

jkstock04

Brewer had an off night combined with the Thomas incident equals a bad game.  Their our two best players in my opinion...and without them we're gonna be hurting.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: hSv on December 30, 2005, 09:57:04 pm
No its just the pessimism amazes me. One bad shooting half and you guys call for Heath's head. Give it time. Lets see how we play vs. SEC teams....not Texas Pan-American or w/e they are. If they blow it in SEC play then yeah they have problems but you guys take it to a whole new level because we aren't beating a bad team by a big enough margin? Seriously just repeat that to yourself.

Did you watch this team last year? Have you seen any improvement? Tonight's game was pathetic
I have seen improvement this year...we've won games this year we would've found a way to lose last year...see the Mizzou game...that would've been a big fat "L" last year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Lanny

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 30, 2005, 10:03:44 pm

Did you watch this team last year? Have you seen any improvement? Tonight's game was pathetic
I have seen improvement this year...we've won games this year we would've found a way to lose last year...see the Mizzou game...that would've been a big fat "L" last year.

Missouri is terrible, the game should have never gone to the wire.

Al Bundy

BigHog396

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on December 30, 2005, 09:46:50 pm
If YOU want to settle for fat, ugly chicks, go for it.  Some of us don't have to settle, and never would.  We also don't expect to have to settle when it comes to our Razorbacks.

jkstock04

Quote from: hSv on December 30, 2005, 10:10:55 pm
Quote from: jkstock04 on December 30, 2005, 10:03:44 pm

Regardless, we still would've found a way to lose it last year...including SMS and Kansas...I'm saying we would've found a way to lose all three of those last year.  All I'm saying is that I think we are a better team than last year and I dont think we should bash Heath til he starts losing...I think thats only fair.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

BigHog396

I won't be quite as harsh as hSv, because I have seen some good individual improvements on this team.  The problem is the lack of improvement in the team as a whole.  The offense is the same piece of crap that we had last year.

riccoar

Chill out and take this New Years resolution.  Go tomorrow to your barber and tell him you want the Rick Schaeffer special.  When he hands you the mirror take a close look and say out loud, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and Dammit to Hell I'm a Razorback Fan and I don't care if people like me!"

Broken Trigger

Well, at least we didn't lose to Texas-Pan American like that debacle a few years ago. 

jabohog

Quote from: hSv on December 30, 2005, 10:10:55 pm
Man, I love this. This is the most I have ever seen you post. You tell'em boss, don't take no darn!!!!

TuckFexas

1st half sucked, but I'll take a 28 point win. 9 days in between games, came out rusty, but got on track in the 2nd half. Whether you like Heath or not, the team is buying what he's selling at halftime, because they have come out guns blazing in the 2nd half of at least the past 3 games.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

donthaveone

I don't know what they will do in SEC play and this preseason hasn't been pretty, but 10-2 is 10-2, we will see what happens in SEC play. I do know this. This brand of basketball is BORING AS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! It is like dating somebody you don't like, but atleast you are getting some. Watch UAB pressure all over the freakin court and tell me if you think Heath knows how to get his kids to pressure like that. If you say yes, you are not being honest.

Oliverhogman

Does anyone know the total number of blocks Hill had for the game? 

Yes, I can see improvement in that alone.  Last year after 3 minutes Hill was on the bench with 4 fouls.

TuckFexas

Quote from: Oliverhogman on December 30, 2005, 10:37:43 pm

Yes, I can see improvement in that alone. Last year after 3 minutes Hill was on the bench with 4 fouls.

8 blocks, 4 rebounds, 2 points.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Oliverhogman

8 blocks?????

Wass that in the first 2 minutes?  :o

Razorback88

Quote from: BigHog396 on December 30, 2005, 10:18:39 pm
Quote from: lunchbox72703 on December 30, 2005, 09:46:50 pm
If YOU want to settle for fat, ugly chicks, go for it. Some of us don't have to settle, and never would. We also don't expect to have to settle when it comes to our Razorbacks.
Great post. :D

Knot2brite

Lets see...the Hogs win in a blow out after having a week and a half off and people are pissy about it. Heath has made some major changes in his approach and his coaching staff and people call him in over his head. The Hogs are 10-2 and are winning against someone besides the Ladies of the Sacred Knight and people call it boring. We hold a team to 12 fricking points in the first half and 38points for the entire game and people are bitching. Yeah we scored 19 points in the first half, but we scored 47 in the second half while getting some much needed minutes for some players and making some changes in lineups. Yeah we have alot to bitch about. Damn some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. This state has some of the whiniest (if that is a word) fans in all of college sports.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Bomis Hawg

Every team has their hiccups in the pre-season.  Arkansas had one game and a half of another.

Kentucky on Ohio tonight is another.

It happens, and don't say it doesn't.  Not an excuse, but the OOC is a long one in college hoops.  I looked at the Mizzou, Texas Tech, and Maui as the tests.  Arkansas went well in all of them except the Maryland game.

Now, its time to see what they can do on the road in the SEC -- first game against MSU.  Doesn't matter against some team Arkansas beats by 20+ after being close early.

heathshogs

10-2 is a fine record at this point. Wins haven't been  pretty. The first half was one of the worst I've seen. But 47-26 in the second half without Brewere for the most part is was as good as expected. Perhaps the kids were still busy counting their christmas loot or digestuing mama's spread in the first half. But they got focused in the 2nd half. The refs decided to participate and it became a blowout.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

bigred7987

Finally some posters who don't want the world to crash and burn like all of these other pessimist. 

silvertip

Quote from: hSv on December 30, 2005, 09:04:55 pm
I've had root canals less painful than watching a Heath coached basketball team. Yawn

Games are always ugly when teams shoot that bad. But Heath & the team did a real good job of working on some things they intended to work on.

Such as getting McCurdy, Hunter, & McGowan some good playing time. McCurdy shot 4-8 FG and 2-3 3pt shots. 10 pts, 2 RB, 1 assist, 0 TOs in 14 minutes. An outstanding performance. McGowan shot 1-1 for 2 pts, 2 RBs, 1 assist & 1 TO in 7 minutes. Hunter shot 4-6 FGs, 1-2 3pt, 1 RB, 1 block, & 1 steal in 20 minutes. So, the 3 players that need to develop combined to shoot 60% FG, including 60% from the arc---19 points--5 RBs---2 assts with 1 TO--1 block & 1 steal in a total of 41 minutes. An outstanding job of meeting that team goal for this game.

Hawgs had an impressive 73% defensive RBing night. A stat which SOME people will tell you is VERY important. Out-RB the other team by 16. So a really fine job of meeting that team goal for this game.

Also, Hawgs have another great night at the FT line shooting 78% on 14 of 18.

Altogether, another great coaching job & fine team effort marred only by poor shooting by Modica, Ferguson, Jefferson, Thomas & Brewer. Everyone that knows basketball knows that everything looks a lot better when the shots are falling.

silvertip

Quote from: TuckFexas on December 30, 2005, 10:40:44 pm
Quote from: Oliverhogman on December 30, 2005, 10:37:43 pm

Yes, I can see improvement in that alone. Last year after 3 minutes Hill was on the bench with 4 fouls.

8 blocks, 4 rebounds, 2 points.

Hill has improved a lot this year in staying out of foul trouble while improving his shot blocking & overall defense. Only 2 fouls tonight while getting 8 blocks, 1 assist & 2 steals in 31 minutes.

Meanwhile, Modica gets 8 RBs in 28 minutes & Thomas gets 6 offensive RBs in only 6 minutes. Looks like maybe Heath butt-kicking over RBs is getting their attention.

toshortrock

there;s alot of u that r  going to cry about it no matter what
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

othermac

did mcgowen and mccurdy get much playing time? heath said he was going to play them more. as far as the potential of the team, i would say patience, my fellow hog fans, patience, the team is headed in the rught direction, be it at a snails pace right now, but they are headed the right way, i am hoping someone has a breakout game soon, like hunter or mcgowen, it would be great if mccurdy found his A game, that could get this team moving with a bullit.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

cobbshogs

SardisHog

The game was badly played and even more so coached. There is no school going on and practices should be an easy thing to get the player attentions. Sorry this team is in trouble.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

othermac

Quote from: SardisHog on December 31, 2005, 08:18:15 am
The game was badly played and even more so coached. There is no school going on and practices should be an easy thing to get the player attentions. Sorry this team is in trouble.

you dont think this team can improve? and maybe you havent seen the rest of our division, half of our division is worse than mizzou/
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Boarcephus

Quote from: othermac on December 31, 2005, 07:51:56 am
did mcgowen and mccurdy get much playing time? 

McCurdy played 14 minutes last night and wound up with 10 pts (2-3, 3pt), one assist and no turnovers and looked pretty good overall.  Nice outside shot.  Bet Stan wishes he would have had him his first couple years when we didn't have a true point guard.

McGowan played 7 minutes, 2 pts, 2 boards.  Uneventful evening but for the most part, he can grow into the game since we have some size already in place with Hill/Townes/Thomas/Hunter.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

jkstock04

Ya, we might as well just forfeit the rest of the season...10-2 to start...that just sucks so bad...I will be curious what all of you will be saying when we're going to the NCAA tourney.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

othermac

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 31, 2005, 08:23:10 am
Quote from: othermac on December 31, 2005, 07:51:56 am
did mcgowen and mccurdy get much playing time?

McCurdy played 14 minutes last night and wound up with 10 pts (2-3, 3pt), one assist and no turnovers and looked pretty good overall. Nice outside shot. Bet Stan wishes he would have had him his first couple years when we didn't have a true point guard.

McGowan played 7 minutes, 2 pts, 2 boards. Uneventful evening but for the most part, he can grow into the game since we have some size already in place with Hill/Townes/Thomas/Hunter.

that's some very positive numbers for mccurdy, he needs to beef up the assist, but no turnovers and 10 pts is great,i hope stan gets him more minutes because we need him to be good.

SardisHog

Kinda like last years 13-1 start.

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 31, 2005, 08:26:52 am
Ya, we might as well just forfeit the rest of the season...10-2 to start...that just sucks so bad...I will be curious what all of you will be saying when we're going to the NCAA tourney.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

ballhog™

Nice 2nd half.  I wish McCurdy would get more playing time.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Knot2brite

It is nothing like last year. Last year we played a schedule that the top intermural team at UofA could have had a .500 record against. WE have gone on the road and won, we have protected the home court against a couple of good teams(Mo and MoSt). Hipsher's influence is being seen in little amounts. In the second half, Arkansas looked much better running the motion set at the beginning of the second half. The first half they looked like crap and thought they could just "out-athlete" Pan-America and that didnt happen. They havent had the kind of time to get back into sync offensively due to the layoff. It is hard to improve your game when the people that are playing defense know EXACTLY where the ball is going to go every time. I think that we are still going to be alright. I think the worst we will do in conference is 10-6 giving us a 21-8 record and giving us the wins we need to get into the NCAA tourney.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

jkstock04

Quote from: SardisHog on December 31, 2005, 08:35:03 am
Kinda like last years 13-1 start.

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 31, 2005, 08:26:52 am
Your right, hell they might as well give up before we start playing SEC teams...no wait, I've got a better idea...I think Houston Nutt should take over for Stan Heath with Bev Lewis as his assistant....someone last night said they'd much rather see Nutt as our basketball coach than Heath because he said Nutt was a proven winner and Heath was a loser...that one blew me away.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ballhog™

We haven't gone on the road and won at another team's home court yet.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.