Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From the JAX Jags message board... estimates of what MJ will earn.

Started by Hog6, July 18, 2005, 09:16:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog6

No report of a contract yet but one Jag fan posted this as what the #21 pick got last year.  They seem to think Matt will get about the same when he signs.  Not tooooo shabby!

21 overall
WR Matt Jones (Jaguars)
Overall contract amount: $8,600,000
Years: 5
Average amount per non-voidable year: $1,720,000
Overall max if all incentives met: $12,500,000
Total Bonus Money: $6,750,000
Signing Bonus: $3,500,000
Option Bonus: $3,000,000
Roster Bonus: $250,000
Rookie Base Salary: $230,000
Rookie Cap Hit: $1,180,000

Bomis Hawg

I was listening to Sean Salisbury and John Clayton on ESPN Radio yesterday, and they said that no First Rounder has signed.  They went on to say that Matt Jones might be the first to do so, sometime soon possibly.

21 last year was Vince Wilfork, DT for the Pats.  I am sure he will have more incentives to his deal than Wilfork.

NuttsSacked

I could live on that for the rest of my life.  But alas, I'm apparently married to the illegitimate sister of Amelda Marcos.  Shoes, shoes, shoes...     

Steel City Hog

Good Ole Southern Boy does well....  I like it!!  I think you are right, the incentives will be higher and, of course, it will be a few percentage points more overall, remember the Patriots aren't known as big spendahs and each year they get a little bit more...  I'd say 9-9.2 million total, maybe 9.5...  He could live off that for a year or two I hope...

Bomis Hawg

Yeah, MJ should do well for himself.  He's from Arkansas, and is an Arkansas boy -- don't think he'll change (other than he did get a nice house out there in Jacksonville).

He's in a good situation.  Hope he does well, definately wishing him luck.  There are some good videos of him, and interviews with and about him on the Jags website.  Click on his bio on their site.

HogDodging

Wow!  I sure wish I could trade checking accounts with him.

TulsaHogFan

He got a nice house?  I am kind of curious to see what it looks like.

Also is he being paid right now?  i would think that they would wait to pay him til after they settled on a contract and if he is not getting paid how did he buy the house?  Can someone clear that up for me?

Rhyno_Hawg

Good!

He deserves it.

Matt doesn't seem like the type of person that would let $$ go to his head. I hope he stays humble, the NFL needs a star like that to offset all the punks in that league, especially at WR.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 19, 2005, 11:55:44 am
He got a nice house? I am kind of curious to see what it looks like.

Also is he being paid right now? i would think that they would wait to pay him til after they settled on a contract and if he is not getting paid how did he buy the house? Can someone clear that up for me?

I'm sure that all 1st and 2nd round draft picks get HAMMERED with phone calls and etc from prospective banks looking to acquire their business. Just because the Jags may not be "paying" MJ right now, does not mean he's not got a fat line of credit from his local bank.

Yeah, he'll be making some nice money....but so with uncle Sam.

Swino

His accomodations and expenses are paid for by the team during training camp, as they are for all players. 

Hog6

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on July 19, 2005, 11:55:44 am
He got a nice house? I am kind of curious to see what it looks like.

Also is he being paid right now? i would think that they would wait to pay him til after they settled on a contract and if he is not getting paid how did he buy the house? Can someone clear that up for me?

I saw where he bought a nice condo not too far from the stadium and is on the water.