Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't forget to watch the greatest football player ever to play tonite

Started by Hoggysoprano, November 29, 2004, 07:08:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggysoprano

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on November 29, 2004, 07:08:07 pm
200 games in a row, unbelievable.

There is nothing more entertaining than when they put a mic on Favre during a game.

Buff

sit down Hoggy and brace yourself for the shock because i actually agree with you on this.  if it wasn't for the fact that i am a God-believing christian, I would worship the ground that Brett walks on - i'm pretty close to that already.

Buff

3kgthog

Are you guys on crack? Brett Favre the best football player ever? Please put down the pipe.  Tell me how many championships has Favre won compared to Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, or hell, even Tom freakin' Brady.  Or maybe you could recite what meaningful NFL records Favre holds besides most painkillers swallowed.

Favre is the Matt Jones of the NFL. If you need an interception at a bad time then Favre is your man.  If it's the 4th quarter and my team is down I'd take a guy like Elway that is smart enough to not go out there and just sling the football into bad situations.  Now you guys go enjoy your vaseline jerk fest over the overrated Brett Favre. 

Buff

Favre also has the insane ability to play through seemingly any injury, turn nothing into big plays with his arm, and lead otherwise bad teams (this year with their defense) to wins.  Also consider that he is playing this year that he is playing this year now on an offense with almost no running game with Green out and Davenport with sore hamstrings.

Big Papa Satan

maniax22bolts20

No offense to current hall of famers but Brett may well be the best QB in history. Obviously noone is more durable and always ready to play his best for his team,family and fans.

JusticeHawg

I dont think that there has ever been a player in the NFL who has as much fun out there as Brett does..........He is like a little kid out there sometimes..........I love to watch him play.   He is a gamer.
apprehend that scumbag for impersonating a basketball coach!

HornetHog

Great?....without a doubt,  durable?....one of the most durable,  fun to watch?.....love to watch him

Greatest ever?.....put down the pipe
Former Hog QB / National Private QB Coach QBFarm.com / Varsity HS Football Coach / Hog Fan since birth

Buff

Brett Favre memories from the past couple of seasons:

- Oakland game after his father's death, also playing most of the season with a broken thumb. 

- putting himself back in the game after sustaining a cuncussion, running around in the backfield, and completing the strike to Bubba Franks

- the time he played on crutches.............okay it hasn't happened, but who's to say he wouldn't give it a try?

muslimsdonteatme

Favre is not a helluva lot better than a Drew Bledsoe or a Vinny Testaverde.  He's had the luck to play on better teams than those two.

I could go on all day listing better QBs than Favre.

Staubach
Jurgenson
Simms
Montana
Elway
Marino
Manning-both of them.
Kilmer
Fouts
Unitas
Tarkenton
Graham
Starr
Namath
Bradshaw
Tittle
Baugh
Luckman
Van Brocklin
Kelly
Layne
Stabler
McMahon
Kelly
Esiason

There are more.  Soprano, you're nuts.  He's durable and tough, no doubt, but I'd take any of the above over Favre.

maniax22bolts20

What are my odds of getting a single, walk-up ticket for $100 or less (getting there early) at Soldier Field tomorrow? Packers @ Bears. I'm seriously considering this if I get off work at 1am.

Ben Steiger

I have been to see Brett in person three wonderful times, and it was worth it every time!

Brett is the best QB to ever handle a football. The toughest, hands-down, too. All the "experts" do not know what they are talking about. Montana is the only player in my mind that could challenge Brett, but he had a great team around him (at least I think) his whole SF 49er career.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Ben Steiger on January 26, 2005, 03:54:09 pm

Brett is the best QB to ever handle a football. The toughest, hands-down, too. All the "experts" do not know what they are talking about. Montana is the only player in my mind that could challenge Brett, but he had a great team around him (at least I think) his whole SF 49er career.

Paint chips are bad for your health.

ColoradoHawg

Quote from: President (almost Dictator) Buffinator Flex on December 02, 2004, 09:36:29 pm
Brett Favre memories from the past couple of seasons:

- Oakland game after his father's death, also playing most of the season with a broken thumb.

- putting himself back in the game after sustaining a cuncussion, running around in the backfield, and completing the strike to Bubba Franks

- the time he played on crutches.............okay it hasn't happened, but who's to say he wouldn't give it a try?

Not to mention in the Oakland game, almost 300 yards before half time.