Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kristy's San Diego, CA

Started by CoveMan, October 06, 2015, 07:17:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoveMan

I got to doing a little research online about watch parties and it said that every week at Kristy's MVP sports bar and grill in Point Loma, theres a  watch party for alumni and hog fans. I was just curious if anyone has ever attended one of these or are regulars at them? I thought about going to one because I can't seem to find a hog fan in San Diego to save my life, and watching the game alone gets old really quick. I've done it for the last three years now. I would just hate to show up and I be the only one there, paying for over priced draft beer, and watching the game alone.

melpits

Hello there.  Just came across this and wanted to say that the San Diego Arkansas Razorbacks are alive and well!!  We have met at Kristy's for the 2nd season now and have been meeting for the last 10 years or so.  We have a very active facebook group named "San Diego Arkansas Razorbacks".  I actually organize the group and any activities out of watch parties.  We have had up to 80 ppl for a the Cotton Bowl a few years ago and sometimes have 5 ppl after some of the losses we had this past season.  Usually around 15-20 ppl a game, just depends on people's schedules and how the team is doing.

We should have a great group for the bowl game on Jan. 2.  And I saw where you talked about over priced draft beer.  Just FYI, they have a bucket of domestic beer for $11 and other food and drink specials. 

Quite a few other military guys out here as well as former students.  All ages, some grey haired to new born babies showing up.  Hope to see you on Jan. 2!! 

kodiakisland

Just wanted to see if this is still an active group.  My son is a young Marine at Camp Pendleton who needs to get out more.  I'm hoping he can connect with some Hog fans this fall and enjoy a few games.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

melpits

Hi Kodiak,

Just sent you a message that yes we are alive!!  For anyone else in San Diego, please come join us for Razorback watch parties in San Diego at Kristy's MVP Sports Bar on Midway Drive in the Point Loma area of San Diego.  We are a mix of former students, military stationed out here, people who grew up in Arkansas and landed in San Diego, and significant others that are lucky enough to be with a Razorback fan!  We got it all.  Our ages range from newborn babies to 70 something (majority 20 and 30 somethings).  The bar treats us great and has good deals on beer and pizzas! 

Our facebook page is "San Diego Arkansas Razorbacks" so please join us to see everything we are up to and the correspondence between all of us.

Hope to see you this 2016 football season!!  WPS!