Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arlando Cook ARRRSTED

Started by The_Iceman, September 02, 2017, 08:30:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NWAHog479

Just another PF that can't hit a mid-range jumper... We have 4 of them on the roster, may as well make it 3.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 05, 2017, 02:38:26 am
Both incidents are minor.

Sounds more like you just don't like him. We have seen much worse on the Hill. Carlos Hall for instance.

I am positive that MA will do what's right here. This team really doesn't need Cook at all in order to have a good season.

Getting arrested (twice) is minor to you. That's where we differ. I'm not sure what Carlos Hall (how long ago was that) has to do with Arlando Cook. Does one coach excusing bad behavior mean that all coaches should? I'm struggling to see your side of this.

Arlando Cook has shown a clear pattern of poor judgment and putting himself in bad situations. If Anton Beard got arrested, for anything, I'd say he needs to go. And I love Anton Beard. Cook's already on a second chance.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 05, 2017, 10:08:33 am
Getting arrested (twice) is minor to you. That's where we differ. I'm not sure what Carlos Hall (how long ago was that) has to do with Arlando Cook. Does one coach excusing bad behavior mean that all coaches should? I'm struggling to see your side of this.

Arlando Cook has shown a clear pattern of poor judgment and putting himself in bad situations. If Anton Beard got arrested, for anything, I'd say he needs to go. And I love Anton Beard. Cook's already on a second chance.

Beard's offense was much worse than Cook's two combined. Beard's was premeditated and could have led to federal charges.

Hall is a precedent, set at the same institution as Cook.

You don't want to see my side of this. Not saying you have to agree but you seem to be acting as if your view is the gospel.

Lee Wilson and Ali Thompson had more run ins with the law than Cook. Thompson flunked out by his senior year and Wilson used up all his eligibility. Cook's offenses are about on the level of Wilson's.

JayHog

Quote from: WorfHog on September 04, 2017, 09:51:11 pm
Arrested? An infinite amount of times. Convicted? Once.

So then we agree, a "conviction" is what matters. He's still innocent until proven guilty!  (And that means found guilty by a real jury, not a hogvillian jury).

He shouldn't be kicked off the team until he's actually found guilty by a judge, which would be a year from now at the earliest (well after the basketball season has ended).
Because to get kicked off the team, which could possibly change the whole course of this young man's life, only to later end up being found not guilty by a judge after hearing all the facts...that would be a really crappy thing to do to a young man.
For everyone yelling to "kiccckkk 'em offff", let's let him have his day in court first before you jump to conclusions.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on September 05, 2017, 11:43:43 am
Beard's offense was much worse than Cook's two combined. Beard's was premeditated and could have led to federal charges.

Hall is a precedent, set at the same institution as Cook.

You don't want to see my side of this. Not saying you have to agree but you seem to be acting as if your view is the gospel.

Lee Wilson and Ali Thompson had more run ins with the law than Cook. Thompson flunked out by his senior year and Wilson used up all his eligibility. Cook's offenses are about on the level of Wilson's.

Again with stuff that happened decades. I'd hope that the athletic programs are being run to a higher standard than the '90s.

Beard's offense (using fake money) is worse than Cook beating up a guy? You seem to have a very liberal acceptance of violence. That's fine. Wouldn't have pegged like that, but it is what it is. Cook beating a guy up and breaking into someone else's car directly affects other members of society. I get that Beard's had a stiffer federal penalty, but a violent act is worse than a white-collar crime like passing fake bills. Both are dumb but only one actually hurts/scares people.

Hawg Red

Quote from: WorfHog on September 04, 2017, 09:51:11 pm
Arrested? An infinite amount of times. Convicted? Once.

Did they drop that original PI from last year? If not, he should be gone, right?

Hawg Red

Quote from: JayHog on September 05, 2017, 12:23:16 pm
So then we agree, a "conviction" is what matters. He's still innocent until proven guilty!  (And that means found guilty by a real jury, not a hogvillian jury).

He shouldn't be kicked off the team until he's actually found guilty by a judge, which would be a year from now at the earliest (well after the basketball season has ended).
Because to get kicked off the team, which could possibly change the whole course of this young man's life, only to later end up being found not guilty by a judge after hearing all the facts...that would be a really crappy thing to do to a young man.
For everyone yelling to "kiccckkk 'em offff", let's let him have his day in court first before you jump to conclusions.

He's guilty of being a bonehead as evidenced by his history with FPD. Vast majority of Razorback athletes are able to not get arrested even once. But we want to hold off on judgment here? It's immaterial what the circumstances are around the fight (which police witnessed at least partially). How do we not come to the conclusion that he has the inability to keep his nose clean?

Porked Tongue

HoopS

azhog10

Quote from: HoopS on September 05, 2017, 03:37:44 pm
Suspended Indefinitely
Looks like CMA is getting to the bottom of it. IF the reports are true then I don't see him coming back.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

UNCLE BACK

I'm not sure we can survive without his 2.8 Pts and 2.3 Rebs per game...

phadedhawg

I agree with the "nothing good happens after midnight" sentiment expressed many times throughout this thread.  Granted, it's not 100% true.  I can think of a lot of great things that happened after midnight back in the day.  Memories...

Still, when you are young and alcohol and peer pressure gets involved, it's amazing how quick a situation can start heading downhill.  Lots of good people do lots of stupid things when intoxicated and with the wrong crowd.  It's usually a much safer bet to have your drinks at home with a group of friends you know well.  Trying to be "out and about" can open the door for all kinds of unexpected incidents to occur. 

If Anderson doesn't dismiss him in the next week, Cook has a couple months to earn his way back into favor.  At the very least he should sit the bench for the first stretch of games.  Maybe leave him at home for the early season tourney. 

I support Coach Anderson in whatever he decides.  This looks ugly on paper and in the paper but I imagine Anderson will be in possession of more facts than me when he makes his decision. 

mhuff

Potosihog

Quote from: mhuff on September 05, 2017, 05:44:35 pm
Wow where did u get that

Look 3 posts above your own to see the twitter status of Danny West

FineAsSwine

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 05, 2017, 04:54:34 pm
I agree with the "nothing good happens after midnight" sentiment expressed many times throughout this thread.  Granted, it's not 100% true.  I can think of a lot of great things that happened after midnight back in the day.  Memories...

Still, when you are young and alcohol and peer pressure gets involved, it's amazing how quick a situation can start heading downhill.  Lots of good people do lots of stupid things when intoxicated and with the wrong crowd.  It's usually a much safer bet to have your drinks at home with a group of friends you know well.  Trying to be "out and about" can open the door for all kinds of unexpected incidents to occur. 

If Anderson doesn't dismiss him in the next week, Cook has a couple months to earn his way back into favor.  At the very least he should sit the bench for the first stretch of games.  Maybe leave him at home for the early season tourney. 

I support Coach Anderson in whatever he decides.  This looks ugly on paper and in the paper but I imagine Anderson will be in possession of more facts than me when he makes his decision.

Best post of the thread
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HoopS on September 05, 2017, 03:37:44 pm
Suspended Indefinitely

So far, so good. Exactly what is needed at this point.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 05, 2017, 02:26:54 pm
This thread is full of it.

Just like most other threads on here. Go Hogs!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

hog.goblin

I'm ok with the indefinite suspension until questions that CMA has are answered.  But he needs to take definitive action when he has his answers.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 05, 2017, 04:54:34 pm

+20
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Sh** happens and kids F up.  MA is not a totalitarian kind of guy, more fair and balanced.  At the same time his job isn't in jeopardy, and he has a good support from the department.  I trust them to make the right decision for the SA and the program.

I used to stay out past 2 in my 20's all the time nothing bad ever happened to me except either throwing up the next day or waking up next to an ugly girl.  Not sure which was worse.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

mhuff

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 06, 2017, 12:59:44 pm
I'm ok with the indefinite suspension until questions that CMA has are answered.  But he needs to take definitive action when he has his answers.

To be fair to all, I think a decision will be made quickly

Champs04

Maybe you threw up because you were laying next to an ugly girl!

LR_Matt

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 02, 2017, 12:50:45 pm
Wasn't using counterfeit money like Beard did so he will be fine

Beard was let back in as well LOL.... glad we run a clean program though.

NWAHog479

Any inside info on the fight?

King Kong

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 07, 2017, 11:35:20 am
nothing bad ever happened to me except either throwing up the next day or waking up next to an ugly girl.  Not sure which was worse.
One of them is with you until you get some gatorade and food in you (or another couple kobeers) and the other is with you for life.

Some of that stink dont wash off.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

Porked Tongue

It seems they almost got into a week or so before.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 13, 2017, 09:35:13 pm
It seems they almost got into a week or so before.
So this was an ongoing thing between them?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hogginbama

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 04, 2017, 08:50:03 am
What you just described is bad decision making at its finest for a D1 athlete but you guys can't quit theorizing excuses for someone who clearly does not value what he has.

So a D1 athlete is not allowed to go out to dinner, have a few drinks, visit with friends in a parking lot without being said to have a "bad decision making process"? Since when did making the right decisions mean eating in the campus cafeteria and hanging in the dorm room or classroom 24/7 and having no social life?

I was not theorizing excuses for the young man, simply giving a thought pattern of what may have happened instead of the theories posted by others. It is quite possible that he did not jump the guy and start beating him up, but the guy jumped him and he was defending himself.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.