Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee’s first-year AD supports Butch Jones

Started by jbcarol, October 31, 2017, 04:31:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Tennessee athletic director John Currie broke his silence on Monday night, sharing his assessment of the Vols' football program and his position on coach Butch Jones' job security.

Quote"Coach Jones and I have built a really strong relationship," Currie said. "We've worked really hard to be supportive of each other."

Status quo

Jones said earlier Monday that, after his meeting with Currie on Sunday, "Nothing has changed — at all."

"You have to step back and take a big picture view of where you are," Currie said. "My father, who passed away a couple of years ago, was as surgeon, and the surgeon's creed is 'There's no problem you can't make worse by operating.'

"You have to make decisions you truly believe are best for your program, and I believe that supporting our staff and supporting our players getting ready for the Southern Miss game is the best thing I can do for our football program right now."

Currie told Jones and his staff two weeks ago they would be evaluated on how they finish the season, and he told Big Orange Hotline host Bob Kesling on Monday night that he evaluates all Tennessee sports programs on a daily basis.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC 6h6 hours ago

Kyle Tucker Retweeted Mike Griffith

You might say this isn't any way for a new AD to ... Currie favor with a fan base that wants Butch gone.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Wes Rucker‏Verified account @wesrucker247 13h13 hours ago

Column: Why won't #Vols just pull the plug on Butch Jones and leave some dignity intact for both sides? http://bit.ly/2yYNCtv

QuoteI understand that Tennessee is more or less in can't-win country at the moment, but it seems the administration is choosing the most publicly embarrassing path.

DeltaBoy

He can play the same card Long playing  Tons of Injuries.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.