Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don't blame MA

Started by synthartist69, February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rljjr

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on February 05, 2018, 03:45:13 pm
Coach A has just been unlucky this year, and last year.  But if anyone has shown they can turn around a program its Coach A.  Think about how nobody had heard of UAB basketball before he took them to the Elite 8.  And Mizzou, other than a few short weeks of relevance back in 89-90 (Doug Smith Era) they have done NOTHING in basketball depsite having a Gene Hackman clone (Norm Stewart) coach them for years.  In just a short season or two Coach A had them right back to being ranked near the top only to get unlucky in the 1st round of the NCAA's (seems to happen to Missouri a lot)  Now hes come here to tunr our fetid pile of dog poo basketabll program (thanks John Pelphrey and Stanley Heath) inot a respectable program.  He got us ranked in only his 7th year.  If we committ to just 5 or 6 years he will have us competing for conference championships and top 4 seeds in the NCAA.  Patience people, Coach A is going to get things together as soon as he gets a younger team that will listen to him.

You almost got me. You ALMOST got me. I was prepared to discuss Gene Bartow actually building UAB, followed with other arguments. It was a great troll effort.

Knot2brite

I do agree that part of the problem that we have is players not performing their tasks according to their abilities. I agree that coaches can only be blamed so far and, whether people want to call it player bashing or call it the truth, players have to perform what they are being asked by coaches. I truly do not believe that MA is telling them to miss free throws, throw the ball away or not guard the three point line. I also believe that the players are not getting the fundamentals taught or reinforced to them such as weak side defensive help, proper rotation on the backside of a press, defending the dribble penetration and the proper way to box out on rebounds. This is the part that lies upon the coaching staff and these are the same problems that I have seen since day one and have never been successfully addressed....that is the part that I blame MA for and after seven years.....it just isn't going to get better with him
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Letsroll1200

8 games to go to close the regular season. I'm looking forward to the finish.

3of5-2

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 05, 2018, 08:27:01 pm
8 games to go to close the regular season. I'm looking forward to the finish.
I'm looking forward to the end.

Pancetta

CMA got a 3 year pass when he got here and he just sat around waiting for recruits to come begging. Well it didn't happen and he finally got on tge stick a couple years ago. I'm not sure he would even have some of the instate commits he has if it wasn't for Fitz Hill.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

arkansas proud77

Our next coach will be corliss williamson.  in 5 years. write that down. I love mike He has been here since 1985,  did great while he was gone  at missouri and uab.. Please tell me he wasnt hard core involved in 3 final fours 2 championship games and the only ring ever. Nolan recruited memphis before coach cal bought hummers for derrick rose.   We had gatorade player of the year in the big nasty.  What do people expect?   Our best chances to win is in this current staff.  The same staff nolan still runs to this day.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: synthartist69 on February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am
Mike is not the one missing all the free throws and giving stupid fouls. Mike is not the one standing under the goal while letting the other guy dunk on him. Mike is not the one throwing the ball out of bounds. Mike is not the one not rebounding the ball. Mike not the one not passing the ball around and just standing there. Don't blame Mike.
True. Mike is the one recruiting and signing and coaching and playing the players who do these things for him. I blame the system.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razrbakr1

Not naming names because there are more than the one starting this thread.  BUT anyone who starts an argument/discussion with "the coach doesn't block or tackle" or "the coach is not the one missing free throws, blah, blah" hasn't thought out how stupid that comment is.  Coaches are not hired to block or rebound or get hits.  And they are ultimately judged on their ability to coach those things.  A team's winning or losing is almost always decided on two factors.  If Team A loses to Team B, Team A's players lost because they were failed by the coach because of his lack of coaching, teaching, preparation and/or his game day decisions. OR they lost because they simply were out-played, over-matched or didn't give the effort necessary to win.  But losing still and always falls back onto the coach, no matter who failed in the game.  If the team wasn't prepared to play, wasn't taught to play correctly or wasn't properly motivated then that is directly the fault of the coach.  But also, if the players were out-played, out-talented or just failed to show up that is also the fault of the coach because he is also responsible for who he chose to be on the team.  So it should be so obvious to any one making a comment like "Coach can't ______ for them" just how silly that comment is and in no way provides any kind of excuse for the coach.

Hoggish1

Quote from: synthartist69 on February 05, 2018, 12:38:05 am
Mike is not the one missing all the free throws and giving stupid fouls. Mike is not the one standing under the goal while letting the other guy dunk on him. Mike is not the one throwing the ball out of bounds. Mike is not the one not rebounding the ball. Mike not the one not passing the ball around and just standing there. Don't blame Mike.

How clueless can you be?

Next, you're gonna tell us that mike is not the coach...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 06, 2018, 08:36:12 am
How clueless can you be?

Next, you're gonna tell us that mike is not the coach...
He's not. He is more like the CEO of the program. The coaches are the guys who are working the players during practice and instructing them during timeouts in games. Mike is the overall shot calla. He is more in time management than in basketball coaching.  He is managing his time in his job position...trying to get as much time in it as possible before being fired.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

elksnort

Quote from: hogsanity on February 05, 2018, 08:13:17 am
Just another reply chaser, no one can be that stupid.
He's got stock options in this board.

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: RebHog on February 05, 2018, 06:56:23 pm
Good god you throw enough excuses out there for Mike. Saying he needs a younger team that will listen to him is just pure gold. That is a COACH problem take you blinders off. This being said he has elevated the program from the pelphrey days and think he gets another year IF he makes the tourney again. His coaching flaws are getting old however and I think our new AD at the very least should have him shake up his coaching staff. This senior driven team is underperforming period.

I wouldn't mind seeing a staff shakeup.  TJ Cleveland was a great Razorback, and not sure if many know this, but he's also Coach A's nephew.  He should take on a greater repsonsibility during timeouts, maybe let hm draw on the dry erase board some.  Scotty is disappointing to me, he hasn't been able to teach anyone outside of Daryl Macon how to make a 3 point shot with sideways rotation.  Scotty was always the best I ever saw at that type of shot, and I was hoping he could teach it to this group of Hogs.  Maybe the freshman we have next year can perfect the sideways spin 3 that beat Duke.  Im not ready to give up on Coach A even if we dont make the tourney this year, its the selfish nature of this team that holds us back, not Coach A
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: arkansas proud77 on February 05, 2018, 11:51:49 pm
Our next coach will be corliss williamson.  in 5 years. write that down. I love mike He has been here since 1985,  did great while he was gone  at missouri and uab.. Please tell me he wasnt hard core involved in 3 final fours 2 championship games and the only ring ever. Nolan recruited memphis before coach cal bought hummers for derrick rose.   We had gatorade player of the year in the big nasty.  What do people expect?   Our best chances to win is in this current staff.  The same staff nolan still runs to this day.

Bingo
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

20gauge

Rose was from Chicago.

You play how you practice. He's the man in charge of those it all falls back to him. Either correct the issues, make changes in staff to cover your flaws or we need someone else.

MA will do none of these things. Ultimately it will cost him his job and us more years of this same poor over play.

elksnort

I swear I think that some of the posters must be shills.

Or maybe not?