Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rome was not built in a day

Started by HOGness4life, November 10, 2013, 03:07:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

woo.pig

Why bring a 5yr old post back from the dead?

Roaringboar

Quote from: HOGness4life on November 10, 2013, 03:07:17 pm
Its very rare for a coach to come in and immediately turn around a program. These things take time. You have to give the grapes time to ferment.

Who is everybody's hot coaching prospect these days? Art Briles is the answer.

Do you know his record in his first two seasons?

4-8 and 4-8.

Did he attend some kind of coaching clinic after year 2 and become a badass coach all of the sudden? No, he was always a stud coach, he just needed time to get his people and plans in place. That is what CBB is doing at Arkansas right now.

I don't care if he has a 7 game losing streak. I don't care if it gets to 15. I have faith we have the right guy in place and we see the fruits of his labor in year 3-5. Wouldn't it be nice if at that time you could look back and think how you supported the team in its deepest depths? The day is darkest before the dawn.

But it was sacked in 14 very short days by the Vandals, and some even say that it was one of the less violent sacking of Rome in Ancient History............fast-forward to 2017 and I guess, since you are comparing Arkansas to Rome, it is clear by the lack of our offensive line play, that we are still getting sacked on a weekly basis.........and it has been very, VERY violent in terms of turn-overs........even the Romans didn't give away this much stuff..........joking of course.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

JonesboroHogFan

I brought this back to life because in 2013 I got tired of other hog fans dogging myself and other posters for stating the obvious about Bret.

majp51

Quote from: HOGness4life on November 10, 2013, 04:04:29 pm
Again, Art Briles went 4-8 and 4-8 his first two seasons at Baylor.

But you would've supported him through those rough times right?

Of course. Years 1-3 are not always considered gimmes, but fans support them. Imploding in Year 5, once you have all your own players in, is another story.

I'm sure you, like others in the past, will now regale us with Coach Frank Beamer, whose record was considerably worse than CBB's first 5 years, however Beamer was working with reduced scholarship because Bill Dooley had committed NCAA violations. Dooley's best team , season before Frank Beamer took over, was also pretty senior laden.

HognitiveDissonance

Its very rare for a coach to come in and immediately turn around a program. These things take time. You have to give the grapes time to ferment.

4-8 and 4-8.

Did he attend some kind of coaching clinic after year 2 and become a badass coach all of the sudden? No, he was always a stud coach, he just needed time to get his people and plans in place. That is what CBB is doing at Arkansas right now.

I don't care if he has a 7 game losing streak. I don't care if it gets to 15. I have faith we have the right guy in place and we see the fruits of his labor in year 3-5. Wouldn't it be nice if at that time you could look back and think how you supported the team in its deepest depths? The day is darkest before the dawn.
Because his predecessor went from 5-7 to #5 in the nation in four short years. That's why.
It makes all the 'Rome wasn't built in a day' stuff look foolish.
Actually, it was built in four years. We've seen it  happen.

Quickdraw

4-8 and 4-8.

[/quote

Look, he over promised and has under delivered! And he suckered his boss into giving him a 15 million dollar buy out who needs to be fired today for not looking out for the companies best interest.

Sweet Feet

4-8 and 4-8.

Art Briles also went 10-3, produced a heisman winner, and finished in the top 15 in his 4th year. Mind you he was at a baylor program who hadn't made a bowl game since 1994. Bielema is in his 5th season and looking like he might not even make a bowl game.

Sorry, but his 5th season isn't supposed to be nearly as bad as his 3-9 season his first year.

Michael_E_Davis

4-8 and 4-8.

Look.  I have tried to support Bielema.  I gave him a fair chance,  but to regress the way we have in year 5 is not acceptable. We look worse than we did in Bielema's first year.  That is not acceptable.  Have you seen our second half statistics?  We couldn't move the ball on one of the worst defenses in the SEC.  There is no excuse for this kind of regression in year 5.   If it were up to me,  which it isn't,  but if it was,  I would be on the phone right now for the next coach starting next year.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: woo.pig on October 08, 2017, 09:11:24 pm
Why bring a 5yr old post back from the dead?

Because we have a coach who has taken our fb program to the dead in 5 years maybe?

Kneph13

Greed/Money and smoking the water-pipe with Hookah the Caterpillar; which led NWA into believing that we could compete year in and out in the SEC began the fall of Rome.   Location/Recruiting for the UA will always be our Achilles Heel.  The move to the SEC was a bad idea.

The Big 12 would have suited us more and allowed us to compete on a higher level.  I said this back when the move was first announced and got hammered for it.  We will never be more than a mid/low tier team in the SEC (West) with a rare and occasional really good year.

I'm not really sure what is going on with CBB and his coaching staff.  But Caligula and Nero are preparing to loose their minds again and burn Rome to the ground.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Jek Tono Porkins

Rome wasn't built in a day but neither was Pine Bluff.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung