Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glutton for Punishment

Started by Cotton, January 23, 2018, 09:28:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

...I'll be watching every last second of the game tonight regardless of how it goes. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment. We need a rally cry bad.  Something to get behind. I'm dying for it...

Anybody else feel like a loss tonight is a nail in the coffin for the big dance?

Sigh. GO HOGS BTHO Georgia.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hoglady

Not a nail in the coffin but it certainly will put extreme pressure on us to win some games going forward we probably shouldn't.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: Cotton on January 23, 2018, 09:28:53 am
...I'll be watching every last second of the game tonight regardless of how it goes. Maybe I am a glutton for punishment. We need a rally cry bad.  Something to get behind. I'm dying for it...

Anybody else feel like a loss tonight is a nail in the coffin for the big dance?

ha! right there with you on the glutton for punishment. I sat and watched the Florida game, even though it was clear early on that it was going to be a long night. That's part of fandom, though. I think that surprise win feels so much sweeter than the surprise loss. It's all about attitude. I know this is a basketball forum and we're called fanatics for a reason, but it's just basketball. A Hogs loss doesn't actually affect our lives, just as a win doesn't actually enrich our lives. But it's fun! Let's have some fun tonight and pull off one of those surprise victories.
I don't think a loss tonight would be a nail in the coffin, but I think a loss puts us near the position we put ourselves in last year, where we had to make a run at the end.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

BannerMountainMan

They beat Alabama by 20 at home, beat Ole Miss, beat St Mary's, beat Georgia Tech and went and lost by 5 at Kentucky, and beat LSU on the road so they are no slouch, we gotta play well to win! I think Barford will play good since it's his birthday
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Illinihog

I had a chance to go. I turned it down. It's a 30 minute drive for me. I've gone every other time...I just can't stomach it tonight.

Cotton

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on January 23, 2018, 09:34:13 am
ha! right there with you on the glutton for punishment. I sat and watched the Florida game, even though it was clear early on that it was going to be a long night. That's part of fandom, though. I think that surprise win feels so much sweeter than the surprise loss. It's all about attitude. I know this is a basketball forum and we're called fanatics for a reason, but it's just basketball. A Hogs loss doesn't actually affect our lives, just as a win doesn't actually enrich our lives. But it's fun! Let's have some fun tonight and pull off one of those surprise victories.
I don't think a loss tonight would be a nail in the coffin, but I think a loss puts us near the position we put ourselves in last year, where we had to make a run at the end.
Right there with you on the Florida game.  Wasn't even upset when we lost.  I don't want apathy to set in.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Cotton

Quote from: Illinihog on January 23, 2018, 09:36:23 am
I had a chance to go. I turned it down. It's a 30 minute drive for me. I've gone every other time...I just can't stomach it tonight.
Normally I would give you a hard time.... but I understand

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Breems

Season isn't over. Watch it and hope for the best.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

hogsanity

I'll probably be dvr'ing it, and watching on either 2x or 4x
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fan701

Quote from: HogFaninMemphis on January 23, 2018, 09:34:13 am
Hey, I watched every second of the LSU game.  Talk about your pain and punishment!  I'll be rooting for us tonight as always, although I'm close to losing hope.  I expect us to lose, maybe by a lot.  A season that started so well seems to have gone off the rails as soon as we hit January.  I expect an average offensive team to rain threes on us and shoot lots of lay-ups.  I so, so hope I'm wrong.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Cotton on January 23, 2018, 09:28:53 am

I hope we win tonight and it is the start of a big run for this team. What I think is we lose the next 3 conf games and we will not make the ncaa tournament. If that happens then MA should be gone!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Illinihog on January 23, 2018, 09:36:23 am
Can't blame you. We play a bad brand of basketball!

Cotton

Quote from: Breems on January 23, 2018, 09:56:01 am
Season isn't over. Watch it and hope for the best.
Sadly, that's where we are now... hoping for the best.

I know it's real hard on the basketball diehards like you Breems. 

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

BannerMountainMan

I hope we play great just so you miss out
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorpimp

I'll definitely be watching the game and hoping for the best. 

Now granted I full expect a loss by double digits....

The problem isn't so much the loss (if/when they lose) it's the way they will probably lose...

No defense, jacking up threes, no offense, no feeding the ball inside, still playing the same ineffective full court press

Breems

Quote from: Cotton on January 23, 2018, 10:12:21 am
Sadly, that's where we are now... hoping for the best.

I know it's real hard on the basketball diehards like you Breems. 

I always hope for the best. Not sure what you would do otherwise.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Cotton

Quote from: razorpimp on January 23, 2018, 10:23:11 am
I'll definitely be watching the game and hoping for the best. 

Now granted I full expect a loss by double digits....

The problem isn't so much the loss (if/when they lose) it's the way they will probably lose...

No defense, jacking up threes, no offense, no feeding the ball inside, still playing the same ineffective full court press
I hope we don't blow a lead running our stagnant offense like we tried to do last weekend... Honestly hope we're down but within 10 the whole game and make a run to win it. That's my best case scenario at this point.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hoggish1

Quote from: Cotton on January 23, 2018, 09:44:34 am
Right there with you on the Florida game.  Wasn't even upset when we lost.  I don't want apathy to set in.

Apathy has set in with me.  Watched that FL game with a relaxed brow and the sound off.  Barely moved...