Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big win for the Hogs.i love it Hogs 97 Olre Miss 93

Started by forrest city joe, January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:58:39 pm
I expected us to make tourney.  Didn't expect them to go to the Sweet 16 though.  I'm a realist.  I know when you lose your best rebounder, best scorer, and best defender you might struggle some.
Oh so it is realistic for you but wanting better than what I have seen is me being not intelligent or a "hater". I see the same things wrong for seven years...they don't change...they don't improve ...the end result is still the same...yet I am not realistic for wanting a change in leadership...I really don't understand this neo realism that is going on today
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 03:02:37 pm
Oh so it is realistic for you but wanting better than what I have seen is me being not intelligent or a "hater". I see the same things wrong for seven years...they don't change...they don't improve ...the end result is still the same...yet I am not realistic for wanting a change in leadership...I really don't understand this neo realism that is going on today

IF the coach were anyone not named Mike Anderson, and they had produced the same results, they would have never survived going 16-16 2 seasons ago. And, the same people here supporting Anderson would have been calling for the head of a coach going 16-16 in yr 5 if his name was not Mike Anderson.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Kenny Dowell Loggains

3of5-2

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 03:04:05 pm
IF the coach were anyone not named Mike Anderson, and they had produced the same results, they would have never survived going 16-16 2 seasons ago. And, the same people here supporting Anderson would have been calling for the head of a coach going 16-16 in yr 5 if his name was not Mike Anderson.
Stop it with your common sense.

Sivad

He IS special. He is "NolAnderson". Special treatment to be continued.

26.2Hog

Bingo.

Mr. Porkleone

The best FCJ quote ever, just shows he's in love with whoever's winning.

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 30, 2008, 09:29:28 pm
I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!

HiggiePiggy

This is false because even in that 16 and 16 record he still didn't have a losing sec record.  No coach would have been fired if they were in the same spot as him during that year.  You just got a thing for mike Anderson and think that he is untouchable.  That is bs and if he does terrible down the stretch I would not be surprised if he is fired.

Lot of guys on here are just pathetic in the hate they have for Mike Anderson and all they do is cry and cry. Then accuse anyone that isn't on their side of being a Mike Anderson homer.  No it has nothing to do with that, but keep saying it because all you do is again and again and again is cry about oh he is untouchable and he can be mediocre forever and never lose his job.  Stfu with it. It's not true and YOU KNOW THAT.     
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 22, 2018, 06:33:41 pm
This is false because even in that 16 and 16 record he still didn't have a losing sec record.  No coach would have been fired if they were in the same spot as him during that year.  You just got a thing for mike Anderson and think that he is untouchable.  That is bs and if he does terrible down the stretch I would not be surprised if he is fired.

Lot of guys on here are just pathetic in the hate they have for Mike Anderson and all they do is cry and cry. Then accuse anyone that isn't on their side of being a Mike Anderson homer.  No it has nothing to do with that, but keep saying it because all you do is again and again and again is cry about oh he is untouchable and he can be mediocre forever and never lose his job.  Stfu with it. It's not true and YOU KNOW THAT.     

I'm not a Mike Anderson hater at all. I admire the guy, believe he's a truly good man. Don't think much of his basketball coaching based on his tenure.

I think he's about as touchable as Gus would have been if the PTB had brought him back as head coach, which is not very damn touchable.

I don't think Gus is a great football coach, but I believe he's better at it than Mike is at basketball. But I have a high opinion of Mike the man, and a low opinion of Gus the weasel.

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PharmacistHog

Theres just as many people here that call others haters if they criticize Mike in any way. Hell I'm a hater to a lot of those guys.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

HogBreath

This is false because even in that 16 and 16 record he still didn't have a losing sec record.  No coach would have been fired if they were in the same spot as him during that year.       
Heath made the dance and got fired.  Heath was also bashed to high heavens for having six seniors in one class,  CMA does it and no says much at all.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

razorpimp

I'm not a Mike hater, I'm not a Mike stinks as a coach guy, he wouldn't have an overall winning record as a coach if he wasn't a decent coach....

He's a great fit for UAB, Tulsa, etc...excellent fit!  But he is just "good enough"....and that is what will keep him here 2-3 more years but that is all!!! 

I just know that my university which I love and graduated from deserves more than Mike can deliver!  He is what he is...good man, avg coach, below avg recruiter which equals a "good enough" coach

He's good enough for some and not good enough for some....I fall in the not good enough category

hamsam

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 22, 2018, 06:18:30 pm

Hey! I recognize that line!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: hamsam on January 22, 2018, 08:42:04 pm
Hey! I recognize that line!!!

When I saw that I had to go and look. Awesome sig line. My fav

hamsam

January 22, 2018, 09:27:16 pm #164 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:54:00 pm by hamsam
Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 22, 2018, 09:19:07 pm

When I saw that I had to go and look. Awesome sig line. My fav

Lol. "right freaking track or what?i" is my favorite part!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

onebadrubi

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 22, 2018, 06:18:30 pm

I thought FCJ was married to MA, but your quote shows he's just wanting to win so I actually respect the guy just a little now

BallHog1

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 22, 2018, 12:21:06 pm
You're having to reach pretty far back if you've called for every coach we've ever had in football or basketball to be fired except for Anderson, Petrino, and Kenny Hatfield. That's a lot of firing, Joe.

And I think the thing is that some you have called on to be fired have performed about as well in terms of post season performance as Mike, who hasn't really done a darn thing in the NCAA tournament and that is even if we make it. Two wins in six years isn't exactly setting the woods on fire.  Yes we win 20 games plus per year but as you well know a lot of those are early season games against weaker opponents and our conference record hasn't been stellar and we have had zero impact in the tournament since Mike has been here. I like Mike Anderson personally. I think most here have.  Not everyone is a hater. What most of us hope for is for our program to get back to a level where making the tournament is a given and getting to the sweet sixteen or further is something we can expect every two-three years.  A final four at some point in the future shouldn't be too much to ask for a program such as ours.  If our expectations are only that we make the tournament and bow out quickly every year I'd guess Mike could do that three out of four years or so for as long as he wants to coach here.  But making a run seems to be something that isn't happening for us and I think that is where the frustration is with our fans.  You seem to be giddy after a home win against a little above average or average team.  The rest of us see the flaws in our team and our program and we can see this team, if it makes the tournament, is unlikely to go very far and another year has gone by with us being little more than an afterthought in our conference as well as in terms of national prominence. 

It's not an either or situation and we're not all haters.  We all want to see the program succeed and most of us don't care who the coach is.  After 7 years we all had hoped there would be more to show than two NCAA wins but that is where we are. Barring a turnaround this year we aren't likely to make too big of a splash in the tournament and we may not even make the tournament. 

Maybe you need to get your facts right before posting instead of worry about me getting mine right.
And here we have a hater...

26.2Hog

Quote from: HogBreath on January 22, 2018, 08:07:33 pm
Heath made the dance and got fired.  Heath was also bashed to high heavens for having six seniors in one class,  CMA does it and no says much at all.

Heath was indeed fired after making it to the dance two consecutive years. 

GuvHog

Quote from: HogBreath on January 22, 2018, 08:07:33 pm

It was more than just having 6 Seniors in one class. After Pelphrey's first season, he lost 9 scholarship players from that team. There were actually 7 Seniors on that team but one had an extra year of eligibility left if he applied for it. Pel wouldn't guarantee him another year so he transferred. Another Player who couldn't cut it transferred and the best guard on the team was kicked out of school. Pelphrey was left with 4 scholarship players and 2 walkons on the roster.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2018, 10:19:32 pm
I thought FCJ was married to MA, but your quote shows he's just wanting to win so I actually respect the guy just a little now

Except FCJ would back Mike if they went 0-31.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 23, 2018, 08:55:02 am
Heath was indeed fired after making it to the dance two consecutive years. 

Biggest reason he was fired was probably more of because who he replaced.  He did have 3 losing sec seasons though.  Today a coach no matter who has the production that MA has at the moment would not be fired yet. Now if the results end with him missing out on the NCAA tournament this year then yes I would agree to fire him.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Kevin

truth
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 23, 2018, 11:52:32 am
Biggest reason he was fired was probably more of because who he replaced.  He did have 3 losing sec seasons though.  Today a coach no matter who has the production that MA has at the moment would not be fired yet. Now if the results end with him missing out on the NCAA tournament this year then yes I would agree to fire him.

He was fired because they thought they had Billy Clyde Gillespie locked up, then KY "stole" him ( Thank the Good Lord ) and then the Hogs went into scramble mode. Altman took the job and that was doomed from minute 1. After he bailed, the only recourse left was to go get someone like Pelphrey.

Justifiable Hogicide

That is a fact.
Guess we had to finally hire Mike Anderson as the whines grew to demands for his Nolan connected return.
Arkansas could not move on and support any other coach as long as MA was out there. Seven seasons later and mired in mediocrity or worse it remains to be seen how much longer till we finally wash our hands of this expensive yet nostalgic mess.

cityhog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on January 23, 2018, 02:22:27 pm
That is a fact.
Guess we had to finally hire Mike Anderson as the whines grew to demands for his Nolan connected return.
Arkansas could not move on and support any other coach as long as MA was out there. Seven seasons later and mired in mediocrity or worse it remains to be seen how much longer till we finally wash our hands of this expensive yet nostalgic mess.

When and ONLY when the MA tenure is done, will razorback basketball be able to move on. Heath/Altman/Pel were all just placeholders until we could get Mike home and finally close the book on Nolan's legacy. The demand for Mike was never going to go away for those under the influence of nostalgia until they got what they wanted. Hopefully our new AD can be the hatchet man that JL couldn't/wouldn't be.

hogsanity

Quote from: cityhog on January 23, 2018, 04:10:37 pm
When and ONLY when the MA tenure is done, will razorback basketball be able to move on. Heath/Altman/Pel were all just placeholders until we could get Mike home and finally close the book on Nolan's legacy. The demand for Mike was never going to go away for those under the influence of nostalgia until they got what they wanted. Hopefully our new AD can be the hatchet man that JL couldn't/wouldn't be.

except now some are starting to say TJ should get the job when Mike leaves.

hobhog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 23, 2018, 04:25:37 pm
except now some are starting to say TJ should get the job when Mike leaves.

Who the heck has said that!? He has ZERO chance to be hired here anytime soon.

BTW- Better win tonight or the natives will be even more restless. This is a huge game for this team. UGA plays tough defense and we haven't responded well to that.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: gchamblee on January 21, 2018, 02:07:00 pm
Good ole Hypocro City Joe, always here to be Mikes fluffer...

This team won't win reliably until they stop playing hero ball and start feeding the ball to Gafford and figure out how to play defense. Our entire strategy is hoping we make our shots and they miss theirs. We play street ball and it works if we are at home and the other team gets flustered.

That is rich coming from absolutely the biggest fluffer ever of the previous football coach...
#NolanRichardsonCourt