Do it now...

Started by hawgon, November 18, 2017, 02:26:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

devildog

Today, not tonight, not tomorrow.

corpitguy

JackTNHogfan

Yes.  I believe he lost that on purpose hoping to be canned so he could have an easier and fatter Thanksgiving.

Hogsmo Kramer

Yes this shite has to end, fire him with extreme prejudice.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

007 License To Squeal

Pull the trigger now...Let a new era begin..
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Marshfieldhog

No more Bert, just get rid of him tonight. Let Senior Day be about the players

The Pulse

Yep. Should not coach another game here.

hoss cartrack

heartbreaking ending and a stupid "we give up" play at the end.   yes...get rid of this damn yankee now and give us someone who understands arkansas football
hey baby....you look like a real bad idea.   come on over herel

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: The Pulse on November 18, 2017, 02:31:47 pm
Yep. Should not coach another game here.

He should not have coached this one.

MissippHog

darkstar

This was a win if not for the idiotic play calls...fire them all now.

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgon on November 18, 2017, 02:26:41 pm
Go ahead, end it now.

Kudos to the players......they play good enough to win......

Bielema is one dumb coach.......how many games has he lost....by his [ or lack of ] coaching.

The_Bionic_Pig

Come on guy's we need more post if this is going to work....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Ohio Hog

I'm pretty buzzed right now, so I won't say anything.

ATLHog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 18, 2017, 02:30:58 pm
No more Bert, just get rid of him tonight. Let Senior Day be about the players
^^yup^^

East Clintwood

Today or next week, what does it matter as long as he's gone?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

apcapri

Dominicanhog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 02:37:13 pm
Today or next week, what does it matter as long as he's gone?

Agree, but I could see it happen tomorrow..

davglo35

He is a lame duck, lame brain.
Fire his arse right now!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on November 18, 2017, 02:29:11 pm
Yes.  I believe he lost that on purpose hoping to be canned so he could have an easier and fatter Thanksgiving.
I think he's been celebrating thanksgiving for months. There's a lot of calories in alcohol too.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hoglady

Actually, it would probably be a better atmosphere at the game if Bielema wasn't there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

corpitguy

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on November 18, 2017, 02:35:13 pm
Come on guy's we need more post if this is going to work....

Doin my best! This phone only posts so fast. 🙃

BILLYBOB

Hell, you may as well wait 6 days and save yourself some money...
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

SquidBilly

Don't even let him go to the press conference.  Use that time to tell the media he has been fired.

Snouty

This is probably a minority opinion.  Bret Bielema and the coaching staff had the team ready for today's game.  Mississippi State is a very good team.  It's obvious the Bulldogs had a hangover from Alabama.  That first turnover was a fluke, but the fumble near the goal line resulted from defensive pressure and individual play by Agim.  Fitzgerald looked uncomfortable all day.  I credit Coach Rhodes and the defense for making Fitzgerald uncomfortable. However, he did complete the last pass for a touchdown.  Or at least, that's the way the referees called it.

This would have been a tie at the end of regulation if the Fitzgerald sideline pass had been intercepted.  I believe it would have been a pick 6.  Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Bielema put the Razorbacks in position to win, but they couldn't seal the deal.

Bret Bielema should be allowed to coach the game against Missouri.  It would be a disservice to these seniors to dismiss the head coach who recruited them to Arkansas and coached them the last 4 or 5 years.  I can't believe they want him fired now.  After the Missouri game, the University of Arkansas should terminate Coach Bieleman's employment.  There's no need to be nasty about it.

Hollywood870

How do you kill what is already dead?

longtimeHogfan

Does the interim AD have the stroke to pull the pin herself?  Or would it have to come from someone above her at this point?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Snouty on November 18, 2017, 02:45:02 pm
This is probably a minority opinion.  Bret Bielema and the coaching staff had the team ready for today's game.  Mississippi State is a very good team.  It's obvious the Bulldogs had a hangover from Alabama.  That first turnover was a fluke, but the fumble near the goal line resulted from defensive pressure and individual play by Agim.  Fitzgerald looked uncomfortable all day.  I credit Coach Rhodes and the defense for making Fitzgerald uncomfortable. However, he did complete the last pass for a touchdown.  Or at least, that's the way the referees called it.

This would have been a tie at the end of regulation if the Fitzgerald sideline pass had been intercepted.  I believe it would have been a pick 6.  Oh well, woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Bielema put the Razorbacks in position to win, but they couldn't seal the deal.

Bret Bielema should be allowed to coach the game against Missouri.  It would be a disservice to these seniors to dismiss the head coach who recruited them to Arkansas and coached them the last 4 or 5 years.  I can't believe they want him fired now.  After the Missouri game, the University of Arkansas should terminate Coach Bieleman's employment.  There's no need to be nasty about it.

Disagree. Do it now. He blew the game by not punting,

jgphillips3

The disservice to the players was giving them this loser as coach.  We make it up to them by firing him to acknowledge our failure to put them in the best position to win games possible.  It's no less senior day if that dumbass is gone.  In fact, it might Pack the stadium giving them a proper sendoff rather than the ghost town they will play in front of next week.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Hollywood870 on November 18, 2017, 02:46:01 pm
How do you kill what is already dead?
well go ahead and bury it. Out of sight out of mind.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

The Pulse

There is no reason to give Bielema a pitty game. It's time to move forward.

ricepig

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 18, 2017, 02:42:06 pm
Hell, you may as well wait 6 days and save yourself some money...

Every day we wait saves money.

dmaxfan

Get rid of him now. When we lose to Missouri,  I'd rather have an excuse why. (Interim coach)
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Captain Hamerica

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hoss cartrack on November 18, 2017, 02:31:54 pm
heartbreaking ending and a stupid "we give up" play at the end.   yes...get rid of this damn yankee now and give us someone who understands arkansas football

Yeah, our damn yankee lost to their damn yankee. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

RONBO

I happen to agree with you.  M S is a very good team, as evidenced by how well they played Bama.  We were prepared for this game, and played a very good game, and were well prepared by the coaching staff.  We were just eventually outgunned by more talent, as simple as that.  Good game Hogs.

Coach B can wait until after the Missouri game. 

ImYourHoggleberry

Quote from: hoglady on November 18, 2017, 02:40:47 pm
Actually, it would probably be a better atmosphere at the game if Bielema wasn't there.

Absolutely, it would be. I live really close to the stadium and I see the $5 tickets. I'm still not going until Bert is gone.

Swinefeld

jgcat4

Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

The Pulse

I half keep expecting to see something come across the ticker.

hoglady

I understand what you're saying and I don't totally disagree.

But if Bielema wasn't there - I think more fans would be with whole hearted support for the players.
We're in this weird period right now of limbo and apathy - as evidenced by the horrible crowd today.
Getting rid of Bielema now would do away with that and bring some much needed energy to the stadium.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawgdavis

ShadowTheHedgehog

I have been saying this for a few weeks. The last few wins were "in spite of the coaching", not "because of the coaching". The play-calling has been pretty bad. Who puts TS in the "steamboat formation"? AA needs to learn when to slide. And they have top be on the same page when they go up-tempo. Looked like AA wanted to go no huddle a few times but was overruled by the coaches, once using a timeout.

Agim would be such a beast if he had a little help. he was a big part of why we went up 14-0 early.

HoggyCat

Going for it on 4th down and the hot potato bull$%*¥ with a high time to hit two quick out plays before doing that crap. I'd say intentional.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ImYourHoggleberry on November 18, 2017, 03:20:14 pm
Absolutely, it would be. I live really close to the stadium and I see the $5 tickets. I'm still not going until Bert is gone.

Dude you'd be going to support the player's not the coach who's obviously done.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DZ

Quote from: ricepig on November 18, 2017, 02:53:58 pm
Every day we wait saves money.
who cares at this point. UA is not hurting for money. see Jeff Longs 83K something per month.

ricepig

Quote from: DZ on November 18, 2017, 03:56:27 pm
who cares at this point. UA is not hurting for money. see Jeff Longs 83K something per month.

Every penny helps.

duckman

Fire him now, get the new AD in place, and get a coach hired.  No reason to wait, period.

DZ