Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Leach

Started by EastexHawg, October 28, 2017, 11:39:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

He is down 44-30 to Arizona.  His starting QB, Luke Falk, is sitting on the bench while the backup is playing.  The backup has thrown three interceptions in less than two quarters and yet Leach seems willing to lose the game in order to keep going with him.  What the heck?

Well, make that four interceptions...this one a pick six to make it 51-30.  Leach is apparently willing to cut off his nose to spite his face.

HF#1

I respect Leach. He is a good coach. But he wouldn't a good fit here. He would be a poor mans Petrino with less recruiting ability. He's a great fit in the Pac12 imo.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 28, 2017, 11:39:40 pm
He is down 44-30 to Arizona.  His starting QB, Luke Falk, is sitting on the bench while the backup is playing.  The backup has thrown three interceptions in less than two quarters and yet Leach seems willing to lose the game in order to keep going with him.  What the heck?

Well, make that four interceptions...this one a pick six to make it 51-30.  Leach is apparently willing to cut off his nose to spite his face.

Notice, since Hogville started talking him up, his team has played like crap.

As for his coaching tonight, this is what you get with Leach, he is crazy and petty with his players, especially his QB's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SPAL

So, it's down to two.....

Campbell vs Norvell in the Hogville bowl. The Hogville board of directors have narrowed the search down to two. Jeff Long is unavailable for comment.

livevanguy

Perhaps he has finally coug'ed his chances with the Hogville crowd!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

Semohog

I don't get how anyone could think Leach is the answer at Arkansas..

ZERO

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:46:11 pm

As for his coaching tonight, this is what you get with Leach, he is crazy and petty with his players, especially his QB's.

I was never talking that guy up. He's a slightly better coach than Bielema, and his offenses are exciting to watch. Those are the strengths. He surprised me by starting out 6-0 and reaching #8, but if you follow his strange losses since arriving at WSU, you'd know he's the type of coach who could start 6-0 and end 6-7.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

The_Iceman

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 28, 2017, 11:49:05 pm

Campbell vs Norvell in the Hogville bowl. The Hogville board of directors have narrowed the search down to two. Jeff Long is unavailable for comment.

Chad Morris is still very high on my list.

DeltaBoy

I want the Tiger High Coach!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:46:11 pm

Yep.  There is a track record with him that should make anybody weary of his style.  He is the perfect fit for WSU.  Would lose his mind in the SEC on a weekly basis.

bulldog04

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 29, 2017, 06:32:42 am
Chad Morris is still very high on my list.
Yep his Texas connections and offense is what I like. I know we could always lose him to A&M but having him for a few years would be fine with me.

The_Iceman

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 29, 2017, 08:53:40 am
Yep his Texas connections and offense is what I like. I know we could always lose him to A&M but having him for a few years would be fine with me.

He has SMU at 6-2. He just seems like a perfect fit.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 28, 2017, 11:49:05 pm

Keep us posted when the early returns come in!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Too bad pokey already hired leach at Arkansas

Cinco de Hogo

I was highly in favor of Leach when we hired BB but I think that ship has sailed.  Right now I'm trying not to draw favorites.  It seems to be a curse anyway. 

Lots of interesting candidates and lots of interesting openings.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 29, 2017, 09:07:47 am
He has SMU at 6-2. He just seems like a perfect fit.

He wants it, but he probably will want aTm more in 4 weeks.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2017, 10:03:15 am
He wants it, but he probably will want aTm more in 4 weeks.
Yep Sumlin's seat got warmer last night, Morris could come in to play.

johnny cash

Quote from: mboot on October 29, 2017, 12:28:27 am
I don't get how anyone could think Leach is the answer at Arkansas..

i don't know how anybody really would think that for any program. Maybe a arena team.