Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Academic Record

Started by ATU HOG, November 08, 2017, 02:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ATU HOG

We achieved a new academic record of athletes that graduated.

Unfortunately we are in last place in the SEC. #neveryield

Good thing we aren't a win at all cost school (whatever that means)

dowils

Last on and off the field.....

HoggyCat

But but but..... Lord Jeffi said......
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Cotton

What kind of insane person brags about something knowing he's last place among his peer group??

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

RME

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:00:49 pm
What kind of insane person brags about something knowing he's last place among his peer group??

If you had $500k and increased it to $4 million but your friends still had more money, would you not be happy with that?

Good for the student-athletes. That's what they are first and foremost, students. Playing for teams that solely exist because of an academic institution. Good for them.

allredhog

we is smart, we is kind, we is important!!
A redhead married a redhead and had redheaded children and all are HOGS!

Cotton

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
If you had $500k and increased it to $4 million but your friends still had more money, would you not be happy with that?
If you made a 17 on the ACT and improved to a 19 and the rest of your friends made 24 plus would you be happy at UACCM in Morrilton?

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Tusks

So the hogs are last in the SEC in GSR?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Razorbackers

Good for the student-athletes. That's what they are first and foremost, students. Playing for teams that solely exist because of an academic institution. Good for them.

Really couldn't have phrased it any better.

ricepig

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:00:49 pm

It's a school record, not a conference record, haha.

Drop the Mike

And some people were calling us the vanderbilt of the west....suckas!

SquidBilly

Funny this comes out the day before the BOT meeting.  Almost like he's trying to deflect attention from the poor performance somewhere else.  Seems like he's trying to sell a car with flood damage and hoping the buyer hasn't run a Carfax report.

Drop the Mike

probably wouldn't tweet it to said friends

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:08:25 pm

If you increased your GSR so much that it broke the school's record, would you tweet about it?

Goobers.

RME

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:08:25 pm

He's congratulating and bragging on the student-athletes at the University of Arkansas, and you people still bitch about it.

Big men you are.

Drop the Mike

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 03:09:33 pm
If you increased your GSR so much that it broke the school's record, would you tweet about it?

Goobers.

You prob graduated last in your high school class and bragged about graduating

RME

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:05:31 pm
If you made a 17 on the ACT and improved to a 19 and the rest of your friends made 24 plus would you be happy at UACCM in Morrilton?

Are they still at UACCM or somewhere else? You didn't clarify. If so, sure. I improved my score and even though their scores were higher, we're still at the same place.

Also, "UACCM in Morrilton" is redundant. That's like saying "U of A-Fayetteville in Fayetteville."

Cotton

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 03:07:08 pm
It's a school record, not a conference record, haha.
Not something to brag about either lol

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

factchecker

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:18:04 pm

When the GSR was as low as 60 under the previous administration (in 2005).... it's something to brag about.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

Again, he's not bragging to you. He's bragging on his student-athletes, as the Tweet clearly states.

Some of you are so self-absorbed you think everything is all about you and directed at you. It's not.

If you and your team at work did something unprecedented and your boss stopped by and said, "Hey good job this quarter, fellas!" would you bitch about that too?

Cotton

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:16:01 pm
Are they still at UACCM or somewhere else? You didn't clarify. If so, sure. I improved my score and even though their scores were higher, we're still at the same place.

Also, "UACCM in Morrilton" is redundant. That's like saying "U of A-Fayetteville in Fayetteville."
Didn't want you to have to google it. 

Sad that you would be happy with a sub-par ACT school, and in my scenario you'll be visiting your friends on the Hill while you live at home with mom during the week.

Some people are okay with mediocrity, not me. 

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Razorbackers

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:14:06 pm
You prob graduated last in your high school class and bragged about graduating

Your entire sentence is grammatically incorrect but you are ripping on me and these kids for graduating.

Do you bottle and sell your own irony? Or is it just for your personal use?

ricepig

So, when one of our players breaks a school record for consecutive free throws made, or home runs in a season, the school shouldn't acknowledge it in a tweet? Are you aware that the new round of higher education funding is based on graduation rates? If our general student population was this high, we'd be in tall cotton, get it?

Drop the Mike

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:13:47 pm
He's congratulating and bragging on the student-athletes at the University of Arkansas, and you people still bitch about it.

Big men you are.

Please list all the areas where people actually are proud and brag about being dead last in the sec in something. I'll hang up and listen

247Hog

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Cotton

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:19:15 pm
When the GSR was as low as 60 under the previous administration (in 2005).... it's something to brag about.
What was that in comparison to other schools?

What was our GSR last year?

Serious questions.

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Razorbackers

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:20:49 pm

Sad that you would be happy with a sub-par ACT school, and in my scenario you'll be visiting your friends on the Hill while you live at home with mom during the week.

Buddy, your sig line says "phd in common sense".

RME

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:20:49 pm

You've taken this so far from the original point it's laughable.

In a vacuum, this isn't mediocrity. It's the highest point the athletic graduation rate has reached in school's history.

Does the highest point in the school's history equal mediocrity?

phadedhawg

should we fire the teachers too???

Razorbackers

factchecker

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:22:10 pm
What was that in comparison to other schools?

What was our GSR last year?

Serious questions.

GSR last year was 78.  No clue about the other schools.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:21:57 pm
Please list all the areas where people actually are proud and brag about being dead last in the sec in something. I'll hang up and listen

It's not my fault you're so close-minded you can't see the intent of the Tweet.

Has nothing to do with the SEC. Has everything today with student-athletes at the U of A and their accomplishments.

Long didn't Tweet the SEC standings. That was thrown in as an agenda push. Long's Tweet deals strictly with the University of Arkansas. He makes no mention of how it compares to the SEC.

Cotton

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:19:38 pm
Again, he's not bragging to you. He's bragging on his student-athletes, as the Tweet clearly states.

Some of you are so self-absorbed you think everything is all about you and directed at you. It's not.

If you and your team at work did something unprecedented and your boss stopped by and said, "Hey good job this quarter, fellas!" would you bitch about that too?
Calm down snowflake, I'll send you a participation trophy in the mail too.

"Hey guys congrats on improving and still being last in our peer group! Hooray!!!"

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

RME

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:24:18 pm

"Hey guys congrats on improving and still being last in our peer group! Hooray!!!"

Great, send it to Washington, D.C. where I'm working on my third degree and settling for mediocrity. I'll gladly take it.

Rip up your diploma, by the way (if you have one). All that is is a participation trophy that you graduated college. Millions have done that, it's not important.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 08, 2017, 02:58:51 pm
But but but..... Lord Jeffi said......
It's ok, from 1992 to 2007, all the Almighty Frank did was harm the program.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Cotton

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:23:33 pm
GSR last year was 78.  No clue about the other schools.
So we improved 2 percentage points to... Last place.

Lets have a parade

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Razorbackers

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:24:18 pm

Woo buddy. Snowflakes and participation trophies?

Can you mention that you went to the school of hard knocks? Combine that with your PhD in Common Sense and I've hit a "townie who thinks he's better than where he lives but also won't leave" bingo.

RME

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 03:26:02 pm
Woo buddy. Snowflakes and participation trophies?

Can you mention that you went to the school of hard knocks? Combine that with your PhD in Common Sense and I've hit a "townie who thinks he's better than where he lives but also won't leave" bingo.

Hahaha.

You know someone has lost when they resort to "snowflake," "participation trophy," and overall millennial comments. Grasping at this point, it's comical.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:25:55 pm

Lets have a parade
Can you give us a detailed analysis of what it takes to move two points?

I have no idea.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

factchecker

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:25:55 pm

Lets have a parade

The graduate success rate has improved almost every year Jeff has been here.  They have to update this graphic to include this recent increase.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbackers

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:27:24 pm
Hahaha.

You know someone has lost when they resort to "snowflake," "participation trophy," and overall millennial comments. Grasping at this point, it's comical.

I'm sitting here with a masters degree and I'm arguing online with the kind of guy who works at walmart but reads Faulkner in the break room to remind everybody that he's smarter than they are.

Who's the real idiot.

I mean...all of us, honestly. But still.

Nafunu32

The issue with this is that Long tries to deflect and defend the poor performance on the field as we are not a "win at all cost program," that we value academics. The issue is we are last in both categories. If Long wouldn't make stupid comments like that, then people wouldn't make comments about this.

RME

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 03:29:10 pm
I'm sitting here with a masters degree and I'm arguing online with the kind of guy who works at walmart but reads Faulkner in the break room to remind everybody that he's smarter than they are.

Who's the real idiot.

I mean...all of us, honestly. But still.

Honest to God, one of the best things I've read on this forum. Could not sum it up any better.

Well-done. That's poetry.

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:19:38 pm

Go read the replies to Jeff's tweet.

These people are offended by anything positive.  They especially hate any kind of positive academic news.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:21:57 pm

This isn't a SEC comparison, it's a comparison against our previous mark, lol.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 08, 2017, 03:30:23 pm
The issue with this is that Long tries to deflect and defend the poor performance on the field as we are not a "win at all cost program," that we value academics. The issue is we are last in both categories. If Long wouldn't make stupid comments like that, then people wouldn't make comments about this.

Good god folks.

"Yes, winning is important," he said. "Now contrast that if you're a win-at-all-cost program which we're not and I've said many, many times we're not, then you don't worry about the academics, you don't worry about the conduct, you just win.

"And you know what? When I arrived here 10 years ago, that's not what the leaders wanted at the time and certainly that's certainly not what we've delivered.

"Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more."

Poker_hog

14th in graduation rates.  Behind several of the "win at all costs programs".

This guy is such a fraud.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Razorbackers

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:31:21 pm
Honest to God, one of the best things I've read on this forum. Could not sum it up any better.

Well-done. That's poetry.

What can I say? My mother is a fish.

#Faulkner'd

cjack

The thing I've enjoyed most in this thread is RyanMallettsEgo and Razorbackers stroking each other over how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is.   
Woooo Pig Soooie!