Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors and more rumors

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, November 06, 2017, 05:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 11:29:03 am
What on Earth are you talking about?? It is true that purchasing seating in the new NEZ area does not require a donation to the Razorback Foundation.

If a non-season ticket holder wanted to purchase seats in NEZ could they do so without a donation to the Razorback Foundation?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 12:04:56 pm
If a non-season ticket holder wanted to purchase seats in NEZ could they do so without a donation to the Razorback Foundation?

Yes

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 12:02:13 pm
That sounds more like something the ticket office would do instead of the foundation.

Same thing, and a % of the price is considered a charitable donation, who do you think that donation is to?

Razorbackers

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 11:50:31 am
You sure have a lot of post without bringing anything to the table.

If nothing else, I am attempting to sail a ship of levity through this sea of insanity.

The Kig

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 07, 2017, 03:28:10 pm
The BOT has bigger issues at stake than simple W/L, that's for sure.

While true, W/L drives brand up/down, which also drives revenue up/down.  The correlation is a major contributor to what is deemed as "issue".
Poker Porker

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 12:13:24 pm
Yes

I phrased my question wrong...could they buy season tickets in the NEZ without donating to the Razorback Foundation?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GuvHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 12:33:36 pm
I phrased my question wrong...could they buy season tickets in the NEZ without donating to the Razorback Foundation?

Yes. The NEZ seating does not require a Foundation donation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 08, 2017, 12:33:36 pm

Yes, of course the suite prices are double the other suites, and the club seating is as well.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 08, 2017, 10:10:30 am
I'm hearing that they are concerned about the number of administrators in the Athletic Department and there is a touch of buyers remorse setting in on the NEZ project.

From what I gather, Long has been summoned tomorrow to answer some pointed questions about the expansion project. And they will be pointed. Others believe personnel will be discussed. Tomorrow will be an exciting day I believe but it also wouldn't surprise me if Jeff gets the vote of confidence.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

And the people that have problems with Long are bound to point this out.

Long hired Petrino, Pertrino's flame was hired under Long. Johnelle was hired by Long...and Bret was hired by Long.

As far as the football side goes, he hasnt been successful.

Hire scumbag coach....according to many on Hogville.
Scumbag coach is out reving his Harley up with a volleyball player on back. Damn Armadillo scoots out in front of him, Bobby has to jerk quickly to his left and trouble ensues....Jeff has to fire him. Strike one.

He then hires Johnelle, ole Johnelle is broke because of nefarious real estate deals and Ponzi scheme. Jeff rigs his contract so bankruptcy court can't take it, leads a pretty talented team into the same hard left jerk as Petrino, tells us to smile about it and calls us Alabama to boot....Strike two.

Then he hires Bret. Bret comes in, jabbering about championships, Saban can't hold my jockstrap...shooting his mouth off about Gus,  throwing A's, wearing bedazzled Nike Dunks and he doesn't only jerk it hard left, he veers back to the right and careens into a pig truck...Strike three.

So...you people who defend what a wonderful job he has done, downgrade Petrino but leave Jeff alone....defend his last three hires. You do that at your job, and there is fixing to be a come to Jesus meeting.

PRJ

Cotton

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 08, 2017, 01:04:10 pm

Long hired Petrino, Pertrino's flame was hired under Long. Johnelle was hired by Long...and Bret was hired by Long.

Scumbag coach is out reving his Harley up with a volleyball player on back. Damn Armadillo scoots out in front of him, Bobby has to jerk quickly to his left and trouble ensues....Jeff has to fire him. Strike one.

He then hires Johnelle, ole Johnelle is broke because of nefarious real estate deals and Ponzi scheme. Jeff rigs his contract so bankruptcy court can't take it, leads a pretty talented team into the same hard left jerk as Petrino, tells us to smile about it and calls us Alabama to boot....Strike two.

Then he hires Bret. Bret comes in, jabbering about championships, Saban can't hold my jockstrap...shooting his mouth off about Gus,  throwing A's, wearing bedazzled Nike Dunks and he doesn't only jerk it hard left, he veers back to the right and careens into a pig truck...Strike three.

So...you people who defend what a wonderful job he has done, downgrade Petrino but leave Jeff alone....defend his last three hires. You do that at your job, and there is fixing to be a come to Jesus meeting.

PRJ
There never was an armadillo or a bike crash for that matter.

The rest of your post is spectacular.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 08, 2017, 01:04:10 pm

PRJ

It's amazing, I have no idea how Long is still here. Guy is arrogant and his hired minions are not much better

PorkRinds

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 08, 2017, 01:32:43 pm
It's amazing, I have no idea how Long is still here. Guy is arrogant and his hired minions are not much better

You may need to get a bit more realistic and creative if you have no idea why he's still here.  You can want him gone, but there's no question why he's still here.

The NewEra

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 08, 2017, 12:47:36 pm
From what I gather, Long has been summoned tomorrow to answer some pointed questions about the expansion project. And they will be pointed. Others believe personnel will be discussed. Tomorrow will be an exciting day I believe but it also wouldn't surprise me if Jeff gets the vote of confidence.

PRJ

I heard that Jeff won't be able to answer the BOT's question about stadium expansion without addressing the financial projections that could be impacted with our current win/loss record, which then will become a personnel discussion.  Actually, I think I read that on this thread.

cjack

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 01:28:06 pm
There never was an armadillo or a bike crash for that matter.

The rest of your post is spectacular.

Are you in the fiancé kicked his a@# crowd like I am?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2017, 01:33:50 pm
You may need to get a bit more realistic and creative if you have no idea why he's still here.  You can want him gone, but there's no question why he's still here.

Why? SEC TV money? I could have brought that in. Direct deposit right into the account.

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2017/11/08/tenure-and-maybe-football-on-the-agenda-for-ua-board-of-trustees?utm_content=bufferff79b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Speaking of the Board meeting tomorrow: Talk continues to circulate about the interest of several Board members in discussing tomorrow whether the contract of UA Athletic Director Jeff Long should be extended. It expires at the end of June, according to the most recent version I've seen. One board member said the source of dissatisfaction is "drift" in management. meaning primarily the performance of the football team and a lack of confidence in Long's ability to choose a successor to Bret Bielema.  Many believe he  won't be back next year barring a late-season team miracle.

But other management issues exist for some trustees: Some are stylistic. Long isn't warm and fuzzy. Some linger from the $200 million stadium expansion project. Even some who voted for it wonder now if it was too much. Some relate to Long's work to end playing even a single UA football game in Little Rock every year (something that Gov. Asa Hutchinson has indicated he wants to continue.) Long may cede temporarily to that wish, but given the money necessary for communications upgrades to War Memorial Stadium to satisfy the money-making SEC TV contract, the future of Little Rock games could be bleak regardless.

NCAA rules discourage university governing bodies from meddling in athletics. But such boards can make their feelings known to campus leaders and they can always claim fiduciary interests.  Are there enough votes on the 10-member board to take up the issue tomorrow morning and send a message to the chancellor? I'm hearing it both ways. At this minute, my guess would be no.

Cotton

Quote from: cjack on November 08, 2017, 01:34:37 pm
Are you in the fiancé kicked his a@# crowd like I am?
100% the cover up story worked perfect just wasn't supposed to get BP fired.

Jeffie swooped in and double crossed everybody.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

The NewEra

Quote from: Karma on November 08, 2017, 01:37:31 pm
https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2017/11/08/tenure-and-maybe-football-on-the-agenda-for-ua-board-of-trustees?utm_content=bufferff79b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Speaking of the Board meeting tomorrow: Talk continues to circulate about the interest of several Board members in discussing tomorrow whether the contract of UA Athletic Director Jeff Long should be extended. It expires at the end of June, according to the most recent version I've seen. One board member said the source of dissatisfaction is "drift" in management. meaning primarily the performance of the football team and a lack of confidence in Long's ability to choose a successor to Bret Bielema.  Many believe he  won't be back next year barring a late-season team miracle.

But other management issues exist for some trustees: Some are stylistic. Long isn't warm and fuzzy. Some linger from the $200 million stadium expansion project. Even some who voted for it wonder now if it was too much. Some relate to Long's work to end playing even a single UA football game in Little Rock every year (something that Gov. Asa Hutchinson has indicated he wants to continue.) Long may cede temporarily to that wish, but given the money necessary for communications upgrades to War Memorial Stadium to satisfy the money-making SEC TV contract, the future of Little Rock games could be bleak regardless.

NCAA rules discourage university governing bodies from meddling in athletics. But such boards can make their feelings known to campus leaders and they can always claim fiduciary interests.  Are there enough votes on the 10-member board to take up the issue tomorrow morning and send a message to the chancellor? I'm hearing it both ways. At this minute, my guess would be no.

Hopefully the recent flood of emails to the BOT members will help sway the ones sitting on, or on the wrong side of the fence.

Here's my concern, if indeed Long was forced out in the next few weeks, it makes it harder to get a new coach as people want to know who their boss is going to be. So understanding the concern about Long picking the new coach, I think we are in a worse spot if it is gone before Bielema leaves.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on November 08, 2017, 12:02:47 pm
Not letting Guv get on here and ramble on unchallenged is bringing something to the table.
How come you are always trying to get people who don't agree with your BS off of here.Guv and i disagree on many things.but it's good to see him post on here.nobody wants to read your crap every day either.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Karma on November 08, 2017, 01:37:31 pm

What do those Trustees know?  Committee!  Most respected list!  Anyone can make a mistake that plunges a program from top five in the country to 13-32 in conference play!  Did I mention the committee???!!!

jeverfun

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 12:19:21 pm
If nothing else, I am attempting to sail a ship of levity through this sea of insanity.

You, sir, just became my favorite poster here.

The Hawg Marshal

Being an AD has to be tough. It's hard to be the boss over someone who makes 4 times the money you do.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 08, 2017, 02:08:53 pm
How come you are always trying to get people who don't agree with your BS off of here.Guv and i disagree on many things.but it's good to see him post on here.nobody wants to read your crap every day either.

where did I say get him off of here?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE