Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors and more rumors

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, November 06, 2017, 05:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rogersvillemohog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 07, 2017, 05:27:04 pm
That's what got us Pelphrey. No thanks, We need a Hog oriented search committee if it comes to that. Then we must be swamped with involvement from Old Hogs from all decades. From the Hatfields n Lyndsays to the Atwoods n Hamptons to the Old linemen to Chuck Dicus to McFadden to Jones to Dirt Winston to many many many others coming up there and hands on working to restore our tarnished image. All the way to symbolically destroying the frontal Hog to every anthracite uniform and white helmet there is up there. Go back to RAZORBACK red and have the 2 stripes down the leg and the olden tops. We must regain our tradition from the Yankees and modern punks who have destroyed all things RAZORBACK!!!!

Much like Chris Matthews, I just got a tingle down my leg.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

HogimusMaximus

Just get rid of Fatty, the rest will work its way out

elviscat

Mr. Integrity, has got to go first and then BB and staff.

Athog

Can we get any more pathetic than this thread!!! I am still laughing!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: Athog on November 07, 2017, 06:17:07 pm
Well you could have joined the 10,000 left at the stadium the other day. That was pretty pitiful.

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 07, 2017, 06:52:16 pm
Well you could have joined the 10,000 left at the stadium the other day. That was pretty pitiful.

LOL

HardCore

Quote from: Athog on November 07, 2017, 06:17:07 pm

Eyelash from losing to a a cellar dweller in the Sunbelt.....that's pathetic!!!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

cjack

So it's around 830 Thursday morning?
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hoglady

I sent my email.
(I'm not posting it as I mentioned family members who played for the Razorbacks).

I'll post any responses I receive.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

KennyForAD

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 06, 2017, 06:45:38 pm
Does the north end zone project have any impact on retaining Long?  Maybe the BoT would want that finished before he departs?

YES!   They don't want to see it be freaking empty, which it will be for as 'long' as the fink is here.

playamade76

We don't need a dang search committee. They need to form their list and start making contact like yesterday. The early bird gets the worm.

East Clintwood

Quote from: playamade76 on November 08, 2017, 12:23:48 am
We don't need a dang search committee. They need to form their list and start making contact like yesterday. The early bird gets the worm.

Not if the coaches agent is doing his job.  He'll wait until all interested parties make their offers and then try and work those offers up to take the best one.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

AirWarren

Quote from: hoglady on November 07, 2017, 11:10:17 pm
I sent my email.
(I'm not posting it as I mentioned family members who played for the Razorbacks).

I'll post any responses I receive.

So brave.

hoglady

Quote from: AP85 on November 08, 2017, 05:32:35 am
So brave.

So I gather from that reply you don't agree with fans sending these folks emails?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ricepig

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 11:16:22 pm
YES!   They don't want to see it be freaking empty, which it will be for as 'long' as the fink is here.

I guess you don't get the updates on the suites/boxes/club seating sales? While to say they aren't connected would be disingenuous, people who spend $4000/seat/year aren't the type to let who the AD is factor into their decision on whole.

The NewEra

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 07:28:36 am
So I gather from that reply you don't agree with fans sending these folks emails?

AP believes we should shut up and take our medicine.

hoglady

Quote from: The NewEra on November 08, 2017, 07:44:41 am

I guess - I just really didn't understand the need for the snarky reply.

EastexHawg

You left out "and send our money".

PonderinHog

You don't have to shut up to take this kind of medicine.  (This is gonna hurt a little...)

hoglady

Responses to email so far.

John Goodson <jcgoodson@kglawfirm.com>
To: xxxxx
Today at 4:54 AM
Thank you for voicing your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone

Kelly Eichler <kellypaceeichler@gmail.com>
To: xxxx
Today at 9:01 AM
Thank you for sharing your concern.  You DO have a voice and we appreciate you taking the time to use it.  I hope any decision we make is worthy of your family's continued support.  
Kelly Eichler

Sent from my iPhone

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 09:22:14 am
Responses to email so far.

John Goodson <jcgoodson@kglawfirm.com>
To: xxxxx
Today at 4:54 AM
Thank you for voicing your concerns.

Sent from my iPhone

Kelly Eichler <kellypaceeichler@gmail.com>
To: xxxx
Today at 9:01 AM
Thank you for sharing your concern.  You DO have a voice and we appreciate you taking the time to use it.  I hope any decision we make is worthy of your family's continued support. 
Kelly Eichler

Sent from my iPhone

The interesting thing about Eichler's email is it seems to indicate that the BOT will indeed make a decision on this matter (whatever you said in your email.) Maybe it's a form, but that's different than the thought that the BOT is hands off on these types of employment decisions.

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on November 08, 2017, 09:58:06 am
The interesting thing about Eichler's email is it seems to indicate that the BOT will indeed make a decision on this matter (whatever you said in your email.) Maybe it's a form, but that's different than the thought that the BOT is hands off on these types of employment decisions.

The BOT tells the Chancellor that they are getting tired of having to empty their in-box, make this problem go away, haha.

cjack

They aren't form letter responses.  I got two different responses from each of those.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

wildturkey8

I'm hearing that they are concerned about the number of administrators in the Athletic Department and there is a touch of buyers remorse setting in on the NEZ project.

hawgon

Quote from: wildturkey8 on November 08, 2017, 10:10:30 am
I'm hearing that they are concerned about the number of administrators in the Athletic Department and there is a touch of buyers remorse setting in on the NEZ project.

Even if every suite and box is full to the brim, it is going to look ridiculous if the rest of the stadium is less than half full when they unveil the expansion for the first game next year.

And that is likely to happen if Bert is still the coach.

Kevin

there sure have a bloated roster of assistant & associated ad's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Most businesses, when doing well, get a bloated payroll. And at the 1st sign of trouble, they start axing people that they never needed to hire in the 1st place. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dwight_K_Shrute

Oh hell it's all about W's.  This buyers remorse stuff is crap.  Win and put a decent brand of football on the field and enough seats will be sold.  It's just like the demand in the last days of Danny Ford.  They were getting 35,000 to the 55,000 seat Razorback Stadium.  Nutt comes in and has 2 good years and they have to add 20,000 seats and the biggest video board in college football. 

Besides not being a very exciting coach BB is not a good salesman at this point.  If you aren't winning at least be entertaining.  He is neither.  The right hire isn't guaranteed but we know the current one isn't working and won't put butts in the seats so the only thing they can do is try to get someone better.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 08, 2017, 10:21:56 am
Oh hell it's all about W's.  This buyers remorse stuff is crap.  Win and put a decent brand of football on the field and enough seats will be sold.  It's just like the demand in the last days of Danny Ford.  They were getting 35,000 to the 55,000 seat Razorback Stadium.  Nutt comes in and has 2 good years and they have to add 20,000 seats and the biggest video board in college football. 

Besides not being a very exciting coach BB is not a good salesman at this point.  If you aren't winning at least be entertaining.  He is neither.  The right hire isn't guaranteed but we know the current one isn't working and won't put butts in the seats so the only thing they can do is try to get someone better.

Couldn't agree more! Wins and personality. Let norvell take his show on the road in our state talking to our clubs. Won't be an empty seat to be found and I bet the seats will sell themselves.

hoglady

Quote from: Karma on November 08, 2017, 09:58:06 am

I basically explained my family and extended family had supported the program for over 40 years.
Expressed dismay over the state of the program - that fans felt hopeless and for some apathy was setting in.
That as fans we have no say in personnel decisions and therefore we have to place our trust in them to do what is necessary to restore the program.

jjfmetal11

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 10:27:50 am
I basically explained my family and extended family had supported the program for over 40 years.
Expressed dismay over the state of the program - that fans felt hopeless and for some apathy was setting in.
That as fans we have no say in personnel decisions and therefore we have to place our trust in them to do what is necessary to restore the program.

Nice work Hoglady!

GuvHog

Long is at odds with the Razorback Foundation over the NEZ expansion too because none of the seating requires a donation to the Foundation and they aren't happy about it.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Razorbackers

Hmm, I'm hearing the opposite.

The NewEra

You summed it up perfectly!

PorkRinds

I emailed and told them we need to hire GUV as AD and 12247 as the new coach. From their responses, I feel like they're considering the possibility.

Quote from: hoglady on November 08, 2017, 10:27:50 am
Thanks for doing.

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 10:32:18 am
Long is at odds with the Razorback Foundation over the NEZ expansion too because none of the seating requires a donation to the Foundation and they aren't happy about it.

Uh, no.......

RME

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 08, 2017, 10:39:06 am
I emailed and told them we need to hire GUV as AD and 12247 as the new coach. From their responses, I feel like they're considering the possibility.

What will be the roles for hogcard and twistitup in this administration?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 10:32:18 am

Seriously.  Where do you get your material? 

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

GuvHog

Oklahawg

Good post.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 11:11:08 am
Uh, yes.......

Because, they would rather them be empty and pay out of their reserves??? Goodness, your thought process......

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 11:20:58 am
Because, they would rather them be empty and pay out of their reserves??? Goodness, your thought process......

What on Earth are you talking about?? It is true that purchasing seating in the new NEZ area does not require a donation to the Razorback Foundation.

Razorbackers

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 11:29:03 am
What on Earth are you talking about?? It is true that purchasing seating in the new NEZ area does not require a donation to the Razorback Foundation.

Now get to the part where they're mad about it or something.

GuvHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 11:43:11 am

I said the Foundation is unhappy about it and they are.

Tusks

You sure have a lot of post without bringing anything to the table.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 08, 2017, 11:48:26 am
I said the Foundation is unhappy about it and they are.

Says who? They call me weekly to ask if I'm still interested in moving from the SOC to the NEZ, I don't sense any unhappiness.

ricepig

He can't, it's another theory rattling around in his head.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 11:59:38 am
Says who? They call me weekly to ask if I'm still interested in moving from the SOC to the NEZ, I don't sense any unhappiness.

That sounds more like something the ticket office would do instead of the foundation.

hogsanity

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 11:50:31 am
You sure have a lot of post without bringing anything to the table.

Not letting Guv get on here and ramble on unchallenged is bringing something to the table.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE