Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumors and more rumors

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, November 06, 2017, 05:51:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 06:16:24 am
Okay, who said, “My contract says 2012” shortly before he was fired in 2007?

Ok, I'm slow, but I can sometimes catch on if you drop enough hints.  This was 10 years ago.....I've slept since then. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

moses_007

Quote from: hawgon on November 07, 2017, 06:16:24 am
Okay, who said, "My contract says 2012" shortly before he was fired in 2007?
Houston Nutt?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:50:46 pm
I'll dig it up. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: Link attached. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

https://www.facebook.com/RazorbackCoaches/posts/975967812541036

A facebook site that has nobody that knows anything more than anyone on here. Maybe less.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

grayhawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on November 07, 2017, 06:37:40 am
A facebook site that has nobody that knows anything more than anyone on here. Maybe less.
That web site is Arkansas times and here is what Max Brantly form ARK times had to say.

https://m.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2017/11/05/ua-board-of-trustees-set-to-consider-tenure-and-perhaps-other-employment-matters

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: moses_007 on November 07, 2017, 05:58:20 am
I just now received an email response from John Goodson, a BOT member, thanking me for my email to him. 

The more of us that will take the time to email all the BOT members, the better.  If you want Bielema and/or Long gone, please take the time to do it.  Their email addresses are posted twice in this thread.  Just copy the list and paste in your "send email to" box, and the email client will automatically put a semicolon between each email address.  Type one nice letter about your concerns, and press "send".  It will go to all BOT members, the U of A President and Chancellor.  Just be nice........

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

Same on getting the ty email from John goodson

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 06, 2017, 09:50:46 pm
I'll dig it up. Gimme a sec.

EDIT: Link attached. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

https://www.facebook.com/RazorbackCoaches/posts/975967812541036

Lol, a post by somebody on Facebook, I would have been more impressed if you would have provided a link from HV. At least I know where you get your outlandish theories from, seriously??

ricepig

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 10:19:18 pm
I wish our board was elected instead of appointed.

Political blowhards.

I'm a Republican.  However, Asa is a tool.

Elected by whom, the general population? Take a look at our state legislature and the U.S. elected officials, I don't think we need that.

ricepig

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 06, 2017, 10:25:55 pm
You don't really know the basics of the situation but you are a reliable source?

I see reading comprehension isn't a strong suit of yours.

ricepig

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:08:48 pm
Are you saying the Foundation financial records and reports have been falsified to show that we are at all time highs in donations and annual fund members?

Have you ever seen an annual report or read it?  They send it every year.  Kinda interesting.  You should pick up a copy.

He gets his info from Ms. Lisa from her Facebook account.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 06, 2017, 11:58:41 pm
I'm sure the President or Chancellor would sign off, but I'm pretty sure it would be the BOT doing the negotiating and putting it together.

Again, the BOT doesn't get into the every day hiring and firing of athletic employees. They will consult, but there's a reason the have a system President and a Chancellor at every 4 year college.

HoggyCat

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 06, 2017, 11:08:48 pm
Are you saying the Foundation financial records and reports have been falsified to show that we are at all time highs in donations and annual fund members?

Have you ever seen an annual report or read it?  They send it every year.  Kinda interesting.  You should pick up a copy.

I'm saying it's not because of Long. How hard is that to understand?

And yes I've seen it. The number of donors also includes people like me who haven't given a dime since 2012.

And as far as amount of donations being up.... it's relative to everything else going up. People are conditioned to paying more for everything.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 07:22:03 am

And yes I've seen it. The number of donors also includes people like me who haven't given a dime since 2012.

And as far as amount of donations being up.... it's relative to everything else going up. People are conditioned to paying more for everything.

The level to maintain your seats hasn't gone up since the RSVP in 2011, correct?

jgphillips3

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 07:17:42 am
Again, the BOT doesn't get into the every day hiring and firing of athletic employees. They will consult, but there's a reason the have a system President and a Chancellor at every 4 year college.

Good point.  I just have to believe some are going to be more "unofficially" involved than usual.  It's an odd situation that we find ourselves in.

The NewEra

Quote from: moses_007 on November 07, 2017, 05:58:20 am
I just now received an email response from John Goodson, a BOT member, thanking me for my email to him. 

The more of us that will take the time to email all the BOT members, the better.  If you want Bielema and/or Long gone, please take the time to do it.  Their email addresses are posted twice in this thread.  Just copy the list and paste in your "send email to" box, and the email client will automatically put a semicolon between each email address.  Type one nice letter about your concerns, and press "send".  It will go to all BOT members, the U of A President and Chancellor.  Just be nice........

bhyneman@uasys.edu
mwaldrip@uasys.edu
mharriman@uasys.edu
keichler@uasys.edu
dpryor@uasys.edu
jgoodson@uasys.edu
sbroughton@uasys.edu
cgibson@uasys.edu
snelson@uasys.edu
tboyer@uasys.edu
chancell@uark.edu
dbobbitt@uasys.edu

Here's Mine:

Dear Members,

I know you've probably been inundated with emails regarding the regressive state of the football program.  There is no reason for me to take up a lot of your time highlighting this fall from grace.  The silence from the administration on the state of the program has me gravely concerned that this decline may be allowed to continue.  I'm so concerned that I've been calling for a boycott of the remaining two home game to send a clear message to the administration that the status quo is not acceptable.  Please allocate some time in your meetings this week to deliberate on this topic and hopefully urge changes at the head coaching position at a very minimum.

Warm Regards,

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 07:22:03 am

But by God if it was the same numbers with Tim Horton, he'd be the second coming of the Almighty Frank.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

AirWarren

The bravery I'm seeing in people posting their emails is so inspiring.

dmaxfan

No way will the u of a fire both head coach and athletic director. If anyone is fired it's Bret
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rogersvillemohog

I received this email from President Bobbitt this morning and know that several people have received similar emails from him with nearly similar wording. It's odd. It almost seems as if they have thrown Long to the wolves a little bit. "Like you I am disappointed." Referring to it as a "situation." Certainly a different tone than we have heard up to now.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

hawgon

It definitely is not a rah rah circle the wagons type response.  Or if it was meant to be, he needs help in the communications department.

ricepig

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 07, 2017, 11:06:41 am
I received this email from President Bobbitt this morning and know that several people have received similar emails from him with nearly similar wording. It's odd. It almost seems as if they have thrown Long to the wolves a little bit. "Like you I am disappointed." Referring to it as a "situation." Certainly a different tone than we have heard up to now.
The situation is our record, lol.

Cotton

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on November 07, 2017, 11:06:41 am
Standard and very professional response. Don't read into it any further cause it's going to be a sympathetic but neutral response every time. 
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

wildturkey8

You think maybe Long has overplayed his hand and that Steinmetz and Bobbit may want to rein him in?

East Clintwood

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 07, 2017, 08:14:15 am
But by God if it was the same numbers with Tim Horton, he'd be the second coming of the Almighty Frank.

It's not because of Long and it wouldn't be because of any other AD being in his place.  The small donations will remain relatively stable no matter who is in charge.

One change that an AD can have an effect on small donations is happening here but to what degree it's happening is unknown, at least to those of us on the outside.  When people are upset with the state of the program for a long enough time, they will start to withhold donations and stop buying tickets.  Again we don't know how much of this is going on.  This is Jeffy's fault.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ricepig

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 07, 2017, 11:17:54 am

It's not because of Long and it wouldn't be because of any other AD being in his place.  The small donations will remain relatively stable no matter who is in charge.

One change that an AD can have an effect on small donations is happening here but to what degree it's happening is unknown, at least to those of us on the outside.  When people are upset with the state of the program for a long enough time, they will start to withhold donations and stop buying tickets.  Again we don't know how much of this is going on.  This is Jeffy's fault.

It's Jeff's fault because we don't know how much of it is going on?

The NewEra

I received this response from BOT member Kelly Eichler:

Thank you Mr. XXXXX for sharing your concerns.  Regardless of whether we receive 1 email or 100, every one is valuable in determining the direction for the university. Your opinion is appreciated.
Kelly Eichler

Sent from my iPhone

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: The NewEra on November 07, 2017, 11:38:02 am

Thank you Mr. XXXXX for sharing your concerns.  Regardless of whether we receive 1 email or 100, every one is valuable in determining the direction for the university. Your opinion is appreciated.
Kelly Eichler

Sent from my iPhone

So, it's Gruden?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on November 07, 2017, 11:38:02 am

Kelly Eichler

Sent from my iPhone

Mr. X, huh??

The NewEra

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 11:39:44 am
Mr. X, huh??

You think I'm going to put my real name on this board of crazies?   ;D

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 11:08:34 am
The situation is our record, lol.

Football W/L is only a small part of it, whether you want to admit it or not.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 12:33:24 pm

Sure thing Renaldo.... I can promise you if we were 6-3, there would be no discussion.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 12:41:28 pm
Sure thing Renaldo.... I can promise you if we were 6-3, there would be no discussion.

Yes there would. I've known what I've known before the big part of the turmoil started.

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 01:02:15 pm
Yes there would. I've known what I've known before the big part of the turmoil started.

Well, spill the beans since you are all knowing.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 01:02:15 pm

I've known what I've known since it was first revealed to me.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

East Clintwood

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 11:19:53 am
It's Jeff's fault because we don't know how much of it is going on?

No, I mean we, as in the peons out here in the great unwashed, don't know the numbers and amounts of the lost donations.  I would certainly hope the AD's office would know but they don't tell us (which really is Jeffy's decision).

It's Jeffy's fault because it's happening under his watch and because of the product that he's allowing to be put on the field.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

moses_007

Received another BOT member response:

Thank you for sharing your concerns Mr.Moses.  I hope any action we may take is worthy of your continued support for the program. 
Kelly Eichler

moses_007

Quote from: The NewEra on November 07, 2017, 08:07:20 am
Here's Mine:

Dear Members,

I know you've probably been inundated with emails regarding the regressive state of the football program.  There is no reason for me to take up a lot of your time highlighting this fall from grace.  The silence from the administration on the state of the program has me gravely concerned that this decline may be allowed to continue.  I'm so concerned that I've been calling for a boycott of the remaining two home game to send a clear message to the administration that the status quo is not acceptable.  Please allocate some time in your meetings this week to deliberate on this topic and hopefully urge changes at the head coaching position at a very minimum.

Warm Regards,

Excellent.  Short and sweet.

cjack

This is the email I received.

Thank you Chris.  Couldn't have said it better myself.  My grandmother was Homecoming Queen in 1935.  At 102, she doesn't watch the games anymore, and Saturday I was thankful for that.  Your concerns are heard by us all.
Respectfully
Kelly Eichler
Woooo Pig Soooie!

moses_007

I hope the BOT gets thousands of emails from disgruntled fans. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: jvanhorn on November 06, 2017, 08:19:20 pm

Terry Don Phillips works for me unless, like Bob Stoops, he has had enough and wants to enjoy retirement.  He certainly understood what it took to build a winning program at Clemson and he certainly know and understands the people of Arkansas and the program at Fayetteville.
Terry Don Phillips.  What is he? 69? 70?  How long do you think he would want to work?  He retired for reason.  He hasn't worked in athletics for 5 years.  He hasn't hired a football coach since 2006.  And that wasn't really a hire, per se.  He promoted Swinney.

Why would you expect anyone to think of the University of Arkansas as a big-time college program when you are desiring to hire a retired AD as a stop gap measure?  And why?  Because he played here in the 60's and is basically one of the good old boys?

Oklahawg

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 12:33:24 pm

The BOT has bigger issues at stake than simple W/L, that's for sure.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

There is nothing on the agenda that suggests a decision has already been made regarding athletic department personnel (ie, CBB) or the vice-chancellor for athletics (Long).

The executive session will have to have a disclosure statement when it is completed. I would anticipate any discussion about athletics to be focused on the $160M expansion, which allows for a peripheral discussion about buyouts and sustaining the financial stream to pay for the expansion. This allows the BOT to ask pointed questions, and make direct comments about personnel, without having to disclose names of coaches or vice-chancellors when the executive session ends.

The only way that a termination occurs is if, during the executive session discussion, Jeff Long balks at the suggestion that something needs to change (or his actions are so outrageous since the approval of the expansion - hard to see that one, even for the most jaded fan) then the board would canvas support for Long. If a majority are ready to cut him loose then they leave executive session and announce that they will have a vote on continuing the contract of the vice-chancellor for athletics. And, once in public, the BOT members who said they wanted him gone privately hold to that notion in public. (Yes, that has been known to happen - BOT members flip in public).

That is all based on my experience and understanding of how university BOT meetings are legally supposed to work.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 07, 2017, 03:33:51 pm
There is nothing on the agenda that suggests a decision has already been made regarding athletic department personnel (ie, CBB) or the vice-chancellor for athletics (Long).

The executive session will have to have a disclosure statement when it is completed. I would anticipate any discussion about athletics to be focused on the $160M expansion, which allows for a peripheral discussion about buyouts and sustaining the financial stream to pay for the expansion. This allows the BOT to ask pointed questions, and make direct comments about personnel, without having to disclose names of coaches or vice-chancellors when the executive session ends.

The only way that a termination occurs is if, during the executive session discussion, Jeff Long balks at the suggestion that something needs to change (or his actions are so outrageous since the approval of the expansion - hard to see that one, even for the most jaded fan) then the board would canvas support for Long. If a majority are ready to cut him loose then they leave executive session and announce that they will have a vote on continuing the contract of the vice-chancellor for athletics. And, once in public, the BOT members who said they wanted him gone privately hold to that notion in public. (Yes, that has been known to happen - BOT members flip in public).

That is all based on my experience and understanding of how university BOT meetings are legally supposed to work.

Pretty much correct.

GuvHog

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 07, 2017, 03:14:46 pm
Terry Don Phillips.  What is he? 69? 70?  How long do you think he would want to work?  He retired for reason.  He hasn't worked in athletics for 5 years.  He hasn't hired a football coach since 2006.  And that wasn't really a hire, per se.  He promoted Swinney.

Why would you expect anyone to think of the University of Arkansas as a big-time college program when you are desiring to hire a retired AD as a stop gap measure?  And why?  Because he played here in the 60's and is basically one of the good old boys?

(A) Because he was a very good AD at Clemson.

(B) Because he was the Assistant AD under Frank Broyles for a few years so he knows the U of A Athletic Department very well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: GuvHog on November 07, 2017, 03:39:32 pm
(A) Because he was a very good AD at Clemson.

(B) Because he was the Assistant AD under Frank Broyles for a few years so he knows the U of A Athletic Department very well.
Yes, the Athletic Department is virtually the same as it was in 1994.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

HoginIllinois

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 07, 2017, 05:14:43 pm
Don’t think you have to worry about that.  A lot of P5 teams have started going the route of PROFESSIONAL search committees.
That's what got us Pelphrey. No thanks, We need a Hog oriented search committee if it comes to that. Then we must be swamped with involvement from Old Hogs from all decades. From the Hatfields n Lyndsays to the Atwoods n Hamptons to the Old linemen to Chuck Dicus to McFadden to Jones to Dirt Winston to many many many others coming up there and hands on working to restore our tarnished image. All the way to symbolically destroying the frontal Hog to every anthracite uniform and white helmet there is up there. Go back to RAZORBACK red and have the 2 stripes down the leg and the olden tops. We must regain our tradition from the Yankees and modern punks who have destroyed all things RAZORBACK!!!!