Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Story of the game

Started by BannerMountainMan, January 02, 2018, 10:12:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

First of all 38-12 FTs and 26 to 11 fouls, nobody could ever win on the road with those numbers.

Second of all, https://twitter.com/jacebradley12/status/948405498268868608 here it is, MACON DIDNT EVEN MOVE ANY PART OF HIS FEET.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgTide

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 02, 2018, 10:12:52 pm
First of all 38-12 FTs and 26 to 11 fouls, nobody could ever win on the road with those numbers.

Second of all, https://twitter.com/jacebradley12/status/948405498268868608 here it is, MACON DIDNT EVEN MOVE ANY PART OF HIS FEET.

I knew the SEC refs were bad but not that bad! How did that turd call that?

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

AlmaHog2011

They jump stopped all night and no calls and then bam he gets touchy with the travel call.

But there was on pressure ever applied to the officials Anderson took it and just let it go with out challenging. When do you ever see 40-12? never

hobhog

Really bad rebounding team. I'm surprised we didnt get blown out...

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Breems on January 02, 2018, 10:15:42 pm
Looks like a carry to me.

Really? He didn't call a carry and if you go back it wasn't a travel. One of about 15 calls that went to State. I hate the SEC.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: hobhog on January 02, 2018, 10:18:04 pm

Honestly you shouldn't comment on basketball. You don't have a clue. Do you watch the games?

Willyboy

Quote from: Breems on January 02, 2018, 10:15:42 pm
Looks like a carry to me.

Yep, those refs were flawless all night.   ;)

GoshenHog

johnfanman

The rebounding was tied at 39 a piece. I am all for trashing the effort tonight, but at least know what the hell you are talking about. Rookie.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

hawkhawg

What?

sowmonella

Story of the game is we scored 7 more baskets, shot better % on 2's and 3's. Tied on rebounds. Absolutely screwed by piss poor officiating.  40-12 at the foul line. 26 fouls to 11. This game was stolen and anyone with an ounce of game knowledge knows it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: sowmonella on January 02, 2018, 10:22:10 pm
Story of the game is we scored 7 more baskets, shot better % on 2's and 3's. Tied on rebounds. Absolutely screwed by piss poor officiating.  42-12 at the foul line. 26 fouls to 11. This game was stolen and anyone with an ounce of game knowledge knows it.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Willyboy

Story of the game is we scored 7 more baskets, shot better % on 2's and 3's. Tied on rebounds. Absolutely screwed by piss poor officiating.  40-12 at the foul line. 26 fouls to 11. This game was stolen and anyone with an ounce of game knowledge knows it.

AlmaHog2011

Dang great post!

PORKULATOR

On the bright side, we didn't miss the front end of any 1 & 1 attempts. Granted we didn't shoot any.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

XavierZane

The aspects of the game where MSU outdid our players- steals, blocks, offensive rebounds- can be directly tied to the refs not calling them for hacks, grabs, reach-ins, over-the-backs, push-offs, etc. 

alohawg

When it happened I thought he traveled, but after replaying this a few times, nope. It was just an awkward maunever in front of a trigger happy ref dying to make a gamechanging call.....and he did.   :puke:
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

FrJoseph

39-39 on the boards.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

porkchopsdontfloat

Even though we only shot 12 free throws, if we make our season average of 67.5% we win by 1.  I'm not saying we didn't get shafted, but we've got to be better than 40% from the line if we expect to win on the road.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: porkchopsdontfloat on January 03, 2018, 04:27:21 am
Even though we only shot 12 free throws, if we make our season average of 67.5% we win by 1.  I'm not saying we didn't get shafted, but we've got to be better than 40% from the line if we expect to win on the road.

the game in a nutshell... make a decent % and we win.. it was easy to see it was going to bite us soon.. other than Macon, we are not very good at the line and it will get us again, especially on the road....

Hoggish1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 02, 2018, 10:19:29 pm
It's tough to win on the road. It's even tougher when you don't show up to play.

And I hope Gafford learned not to showboat in front of a 1/4 full arena when there is nobody there to ignite... 

As for the rest of the team, stop trying to run before the ball is secured and practice FT.  Also, the dunk shouldn't be the only shot in your repertoire and making the extra pass could have killed them vs Tenn and did kill them last night.

Refs?  It's the SEC, right?

RacinRazorback

No doubt the officiating stunk once again! No way a ft attempt descrepancy should ever be that lopsided in D1 basketball ever anywhere! That being said we didn't help ourselves any either. Last year the FT line was a strength for us, this year so far it has been a weakness! It cost us tonight and it will cost us again. If you shoot 80% or better from the line you will have a shot to win most games, especially when most games are won and lost at the line. We also seem to have a problem creating energy away from home, gotta find a way to fix that, same thing happened at Houston. Awburn up next will be another L if we play like we did last night, they are a better team than State! This team has so much potential, just have to find a way to win road SEC games! Running the table at BWA just became as important as any other thing, gotta protect the home court regardless of who we play! WPS!! Adding Adrio back to the starting lineup would certainly help us on the road, a high energy guy that gives you 110% when he is on the floor. Gotta get CJ back in the game and knocking down those 3's, we have to have that to be successful!

The_Iceman

Another story of the game: Barford 11 points and 0-6 from three. We lost by 3 points.

Willyboy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 03, 2018, 07:20:27 am
And I hope Gafford learned not to showboat in front of a 1/4 full arena when there is nobody there to ignite... 

As for the rest of the team, stop trying to run before the ball is secured and practice FT.  Also, the dunk shouldn't be the only shot in your repertoire and making the extra pass could have killed them vs Tenn and did kill them last night.

Refs?  It's the SEC, right?

He had a couple jump hooks and athletic lay ins, he does a lot more than just dunk it.  He has great touch around the basket and uses that when he can't get position to dunk it.  And dunking isn't "showboating," it's the highest percentage shot.  Almost EVERY time Gafford dunks it he's practically getting ready to guard someone on the inbounds pass before he gets his feet back on the ground.  He's not a showboater. 

Soooie21

In the old days, that would be a travel...but now the jump set is standard..calling it then..means he should have called it on every time a dribble is picked up..

hogginbama

Quote from: RacinRazorback on January 03, 2018, 07:30:33 am
No doubt the officiating stunk once again! No way a ft attempt descrepancy should ever be that lopsided in D1 basketball ever anywhere! That being said we didn't help ourselves any either. Last year the FT line was a strength for us, this year so far it has been a weakness! It cost us tonight and it will cost us again. If you shoot 80% or better from the line you will have a shot to win most games, especially when most games are won and lost at the line. We also seem to have a problem creating energy away from home, gotta find a way to fix that, same thing happened at Houston. Awburn up next will be another L if we play like we did last night, they are a better team than State! This team has so much potential, just have to find a way to win road SEC games! Running the table at BWA just became as important as any other thing, gotta protect the home court regardless of who we play! WPS!! Adding Adrio back to the starting lineup would certainly help us on the road, a high energy guy that gives you 110% when he is on the floor. Gotta get CJ back in the game and knocking down those 3's, we have to have that to be successful!

What you saw as lack of energy, I saw as a business like, focused demeanor. I will agree though, on the road they will need to find that balance between being business focused and playing on emotion.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Kevin

let a team drive to the basket constantly  and give up 17 offensive rebounds, the foul total will add up. 

stop blaming the ref's
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cram224

I think the style of play lead to the FT difference. We play full court trapping, they played half court defense. The travel call hurt, however, MSU had a good game play for the hogs. That maybe the game plan against the hogs down the stretch or NCAAT.

hogginbama

Quote from: Kevin on January 03, 2018, 08:11:19 am
let a team drive to the basket constantly  and give up 17 offensive rebounds, the foul total will add up. 

stop blaming the ref's

We drove to the basket quite often as well with the same amount of contact. Why no fouls called? The pushoff called on Barford was far less contact, if any, than when Q. Weatherspoon lowered the shoulder and drove our defender from the FT to the base line on a layup.

I always find it strange that a 6'2" cat can out rebound a 6'11" guy who has him boxed out beautifully as well. Saw that happen numerous times on Gafford tonight. Hell, even Ado, rolled over his back quite a few times as he was boxed out to the right side yet was able to reach across the back to Gafford's left side to get the ball.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.