no
110 (78%)
If he still isn't starting at seasons end
4 (2.8%)
maybe
10 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Hawgballer

My roommate told me last night that he hears Townes will transfer at the end of the season...Says that D. Townes believes he should be the starter, and is unhappy at Arkansas. What do you guys think?

jdhoover

Where is he going to go?  If he stays Division I, he will only have one year of elgibility left after sitting out next year.  I do not think he will transfer.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

The_Bionic_Pig

Unless he plans on transferring to a lower Division school he will have to sit out his Junior year just like jdhoover stated.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogsanity

He could take his sit out year as a RS and have 2 years left, but he isnt going to do that either.  My guess is he comes back next year, busts it to get about 15pts 8 boards per and declares for the draft.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

karma26

hogsanity

If his ego is as big as everyone thinks he might pull an Olu and leave this year
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The real Hogules

Towne's IS very immature and has a lot of growing up to do, and I ain't talking about in feet and inches, either!
I'm sure Darrian is frustrated that he's not being allowed to play the lion's share of the minutes, but hopefully he'll finally figure out why (he's expected to play on BOTH ends of the court) and will come back next year more determined than ever to prove that he's THE man.
"IF" Towne's does stay and ever does figure out what's holding him back lookout, because he's eaten up with potential!
And if not, then hello Michael Washington.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

hogsanity

If he would earn the lions share of the minutes he would get them.  Look at the games where he has scored over 10, those are also his best rebounding and blocked shot games.  If he isnt scoring he does not play defense

freedomcounty

I bet he sticks. He has disapointed this year, but let's not forget he's been nagged with injuries all season. Injuries affect production. Production affects playing time. I suspect he will be over his slump next year and turn into a star.

neahogfan

If Townes continues to play as hard as he did last night, he will get his share of minutes.  If he plays that hard, he is too talented to sit on the bench.

Buck Ocean

QuoteAnd if not, then hello Michael Washington.

I'm sayin' "hello Michael Washington" if Townes is All-SEC first team...it doesn't matter.

The O.G. from McGehee will move right in and solidify his spot on the team.
Think like a Jedi

razorbackdan

Quote from: Buck Ocean on February 22, 2006, 03:41:43 pm
QuoteAnd if not, then hello Michael Washington.

I'm sayin' "hello Michael Washington" if Townes is All-SEC first team...it doesn't matter.

The O.G. from McGehee will move right in and solidify his spot on the team.

Just a question...What kind of offensive game does Warshington (speaking in Oti') bring to the table? I've heard that he likes to shoot from outside, if so, we don't need another Michael Jones. Also, which has a better chance of happening? Dontell scoring 30 in a game or Warshington qualifying? I'll hang up and fondle myself.

Soooie21

Talent wise he should be,,we do better on offensive when we go down low first..

tacomahog

He didn't look like a player wanting a trasfer last night.

12under

its all up to darian how good he can be.  he has all the physical tools to play in the league, but mentally he's got some issues as far as defensive focus and team chemistry.

bigred7987

Why would he leave when Heath favors him as people say?

hogfan33

I talk to townes weekly and never has he mentioned transferring, so until I hear it from his mouth I dont think this should even be a thread. Why bring up negativity when everything is finally going right on the hill.

razorbk1

That's right HOGFAN, why would he want to transfer now. Especially now he has a chance to be big time going down the stretch. Just guessing, but I really don't think he will be transferring. I think with Ervin coming in to play the point next year, I think Townes could get a lot more touches.

Lets go DANCIN!

hoggin das

Did Townes leave the court immediately after the game? I couldn't tell if he was over celebrating with the team or not. If not, that's not a good sign.

HouTxRzbck

Quote from: hogfan33 on February 22, 2006, 04:16:50 pm
I talk to townes weekly and never has he mentioned transferring, so until I hear it from his mouth I dont think this should even be a thread. Why bring up negativity when everything is finally going right on the hill.

+1 for letting us know the from the mouth itself.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Boner

I wish he'd give 110%.  Townes is very polished in the post and showed that last night down the stretch.

And am I the only one who isn't expecting to ever see Washington in a Hog jersey?

hogfancb

I don't care what he does.  I want Brewer back.

Boner

Quote from: ConwayHog on February 22, 2006, 05:27:03 pm
Quote from: Boner on February 22, 2006, 05:04:22 pm
I wish he'd give 110%.  Townes is very polished in the post and showed that last night down the stretch.

And am I the only one who isn't expecting to ever see Washington in a Hog jersey?

No, but I thought it was academic reasons.  Does anyone know the status of Washington both academcially and for the NFL draft?

What's he going to play?  TE?

I thought he said he would declare for the draft if he was a McD AA.  He wasn't, but I think that's because he wasn't eligible to be.  And he is or will be 19 in time.

My theory is that anyone who has serious grade problems and talks about entering the draft, doesn't really want to be here.  If he qualifies and comes, great.  But things usually don't work out in these situations.

The real Hogules

I've read that grades won't be a factor where Michael Washington is concerned.
I've also heard that the straight to the NBA talk is just that....................talk, and NOT by MW himself.
The people who should know say he'll have the grades and Washington says he'll be here, so until I hear other wise I'm counting him here.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

cobbshogs

everyone said that last year...hes staying

hogfan33

Townes was in the stands right after the game and with the fans after the radio show, he is a good guy, and probably one of the funniest on the team, although he might be the least smart as well

1836hog

Quote from: Hawgballer on February 22, 2006, 08:31:01 am
My roommate told me last night that he hears Townes will transfer at the end of the season...Says that D. Townes believes he should be the starter, and is unhappy at Arkansas. What do you guys think?

My roommate just said that your roommate is wrong. 

jerbear

rumor has it townes is going to georgetown after this season with coach thompson.  apparently there is going to be an open coaching spot there.  supposedly he has had a few run ins with coach hipsher and the way he wants to do things.