Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn fires Coach Golloway "with cause"

Started by Hogwild, September 27, 2015, 04:16:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

QuoteAuburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway has been fired.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs confirmed the move via a statement Sunday morning.

"I regret to announce that earlier today I dismissed Auburn head baseball coach Sunny Golloway with cause," Jacobs said via a release. "My commitment will always be to provide the best student-athlete experience in the nation, and we will not accept anything less."

The school announced assistant coach Greg Norton will be in charge of baseball operations until a new coach is hired.

The firing of Golloway comes at a strange time for the Tigers' baseball program as it eyes the upcoming baseball season, which would have been Golloway's third as the head coach.

Auburn snapped its five-year drought with a trip to an NCAA Regional in May, but was knocked off in the Florida State Regional.

I wonder what he did?

Rzbakfromwaybak

September 27, 2015, 05:13:40 pm #1 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:45:21 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak

Gee.....after yesterday, I thought it would have been one of Gus's assistants?   :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Inhogswetrust

September 27, 2015, 05:19:28 pm #2 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:34:55 pm by Inhogswetrust
Blaming the baseball coach for the football teams coaching issues..........................just kidding.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

They also placed one of his assistants Tom Holliday on Administrative Leave........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogwild on September 27, 2015, 04:16:32 pm
I wonder what he did?

Lets just say BP is a nice guy by comparison.................

Rzbakfromwaybak

:)
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2015, 05:32:45 pm

Lets just say BP is a nice guy by comparison.................

Guess this guy has 2 Harley's....?   :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Calling All Hogs

With cause raises questions. They probably just have a better coach interested. All Auburn cares about is winning. If they think a coach can win big time it wouldn't matter if he was on To Catch a Predator. :)

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: monty hawg on September 28, 2015, 01:11:00 pm
This could get real interesting fast:

http://www.wsfa.com/story/30126579/golloway-attorney-slams-auburn-for-outrageous-firing-promises-fight
Here is the funniest quote from that article by the attorney: "Sunny Golloway is not only a winner, he is a fighter." I've heard that description somewhere else as I recall. :)

NaturalStateReb

Stopped reading at "lifetime contract."  What a joke.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NoNC4Tubs

http://www.wsfa.com/story/30126579/golloway-attorney-slams-auburn-for-outrageous-firing-promises-fight

"Sunny Golloway is not only a winner, he is a fighter. He has four years left on his contract. There are good arguments, which we are prepared to test in court, that he actually has a lifetime contract. If serious offers of severance are not soon forthcoming, we will be fighting this matter in some forum, quite visibly, as long as it takes to redeem Coach Golloway's good name and to provide just compensation for him and his family."

This will never see the light of day. awbern tries to operate these deals in their backroom. Before Golloway gets his money, he will have to sign a non-disclosure agreement - the same one that Bowden, Chizik, and countless other former barn coaches have signed in the past.......... 8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 29, 2015, 07:54:30 am
just more to add to the blog

http://astheplainsburn.blogspot.com/

Just a little late to post something from 2011 don't you think.......................................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: monty hawg on September 28, 2015, 01:11:00 pm
This could get real interesting fast:

It would be hilarious IF the AU attorney would come out and say "He was fired with cause............cause we wanted to fire him".

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 29, 2015, 08:10:27 am
Just a little late to post something from 2011 don't you think.......................................

with Auburn?

it's part of a dossier

NoNC4Tubs

Inhogswetrust

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 3h3 hours ago

When asked today, Jay Jacobs would not comment beyond his statement released Sunday on Auburn's situation with the baseball program.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HyperDrive

This has been brewing for a while.  He was almost fired last year because he's an a-hole and he was mistreating players.  Not talking about old school Pat Dye, break 'em down to build them up stuff.  Capricious, vindictive, grade-A horse's arse stuff.  But they didn't and they put a person in place as a player liaison to keep an eye on things.

What happened was that he and the pitching coach held some workouts with the pitchers in the off season that weren't permissible under NCAA rules.  Some ratio of player to coach that's stipulated in the rules.  Another assistant told him they couldn't do that, coach said do it anyway.  The assistant took some video and gave it to the AD.  AD calls Golloway into his office and asks him about the workouts.  Golloway denies it.  AD shows him the video.  Auburn investigated a bit further from there and decided to can him.

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 01, 2015, 08:15:04 pm
This has been brewing for a while.  He was almost fired last year because he's an a-hole and he was mistreating players.  Not talking about old school Pat Dye, break 'em down to build them up stuff.  Capricious, vindictive, grade-A horse's arse stuff.  But they didn't and they put a person in place as a player liaison to keep an eye on things.

What happened was that he and the pitching coach held some workouts with the pitchers in the off season that weren't permissible under NCAA rules.  Some ratio of player to coach that's stipulated in the rules.  Another assistant told him they couldn't do that, coach said do it anyway.  The assistant took some video and gave it to the AD.  AD calls Golloway into his office and asks him about the workouts.  Golloway denies it.  AD shows him the video.  Auburn investigated a bit further from there and decided to can him.

Evidence always gets you.

That is why Dye runs the "fambly" business with nothing but cash......... 8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 01, 2015, 08:15:04 pm

Which quite a few people in Arkansas know since he has ties to the state and he is a good man..............

Woo Pig25

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 02, 2015, 07:39:45 am
Which quite a few people in Arkansas know since he has ties to the state and he is a good man..............
One of the finest people to ever come from this state at that. He was fired for a reason, no bs because of the liaison between baseball and the athletic department.

Calling All Hogs

The only real "for cause" offense at Auburn is withholding funds from recruits.

HogimusMaximus

Ya'll know his daughter was in playboy, right.  Girls of the Big 12.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 02, 2015, 10:29:05 am
The only real "for cause" offense at Auburn is withholding funds from recruits.

Good post of the day candidate!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Woo Pig25 on October 02, 2015, 10:18:44 am
One of the finest people to ever come from this state at that. He was fired for a reason, no bs because of the liaison between baseball and the athletic department.

Looks like we both know him..........................

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 5h5 hours ago

Really awesome column here by .@JenniCarlson_OK titled: "Sunny Golloway: The train wreck you can't look away from" - http://newsok.com/sunny-golloway-the-train-wreck-you-cant-look-away-from/article/5450672 ...

Braves broadcaster and former OU player Joe Simpson about Sunny Golloway -
"I'm so thrilled he's gone, they could hire a basset hound & it would be an improvement."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Matthew Stevens ‏@matthewcstevens 11h11 hours ago

Sources confirm to @MGMAdvertiser that Miss. State pitching coach Butch Thompson & fmr. Clemson HC Jack Leggett are interviewing at Auburn.

Pig in the Pokey

God I hope their dirty laundry comes out! this is a chance for an ugly battle that could be a huge problem for the cheatin-ass barners.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jbcarol

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt 18h18 hours ago

A lot of signs are pointing to Butch Thompson for the #Auburn job. Process not over yet though.

HyperDrive

NoNC4Tubs

October 22, 2015, 12:12:33 pm #31 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:16:13 pm by NoNC4Tubs
Quote from: HyperDrive on October 22, 2015, 11:20:14 am
Done deal.  Butch Thompson named new Auburn baseball head coach.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Thompson-is-the-man-for-Auburn-baseball-40461809

I almost feel sorry for the guy...almost. 

He could have done much better than this. 8)

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 3h3 hours ago

Butch Thompson also has a hell of a lot of wounds to heal at Auburn.

NoNC4Tubs

October 23, 2015, 12:28:58 pm #33 Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 09:18:38 am by NoNC4Tubs
Galloway will have to sign awbern's standard "don't talk about us" document before he gets a dime of what he is owed.

See Terry Bowden, Tommy Tuberville, etc...  8)

HyperDrive

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on October 23, 2015, 12:28:58 pm
Galloway will have to sign awbern's standard "don't talk about us" document befpore he gets a dime of what he is owed.

See Terry Bowden, Tommy Tuberville, etc...  8)

Golloway has far more to worry about with others spilling on the stuff he said or did than we ever would.

Plus, he's already not getting a dime.  We fired him "with cause" meaning that the contract is terminated and we owe him nothing.  If we were that scared about pissing off a hothead that supposedly knows where all the bodies are buried, that's a terrible strategy for keeping him quiet.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  Oct 22
Auburn was paying Sunny Golloway $650,000 a year. Butch Thompson will earn $350K.

The Sunny Golloway legal threats are not going away soon. I'm told we'll hear more next week. From earlier: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/09/lawyer_auburn_made_outrageous.html ...

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: HyperDrive on October 23, 2015, 12:46:42 pm
Golloway has far more to worry about with others spilling on the stuff he said or did than we ever would.

Plus, he's already not getting a dime.  We fired him "with cause" meaning that the contract is terminated and we owe him nothing.  If we were that scared about pissing off a hothead that supposedly knows where all the bodies are buried, that's a terrible strategy for keeping him quiet.

I hope you are right! That definitely would get interesting!

BUT I believe that awbern reaches a settlement with him to keep him quiet, just watch... 8)

jbcarol

Auburn Baseball ‏@Auburn_Baseball 15h15 hours ago

National Assistant Coach of the Year Brad Bohannon hired as Assistant Coach #WarEagle http://bit.ly/1PPn9k4 

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 14h14 hours ago

Brad Bohannon hired as assistant baseball coach http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/baseball/article_a590afee-7cf4-11e5-b170-a3bdf469946e.html ...

QuoteBohannon spent the last 12 seasons at the University of Kentucky, where he assisted in overseeing the best 11-year run in program history.

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 48m48 minutes ago

Highlights from former Auburn baseball coach Sunny Golloway's press conference http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/baseball/article_a35aacc2-81a7-11e5-a267-3ff8fb01e3af.html ...

Golloway mentions Toby Keith, then adds he's not name-dropping.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  2h2 hours ago
Brandon Marcello Retweeted
Former Auburn baseball coach responds to his own "Amen" tweet after Auburn lost Iron Bowl. https://twitter.com/WDE_CoachG29/status/670807234054631425 ...

Sunny Golloway
‏@WDE_CoachG29
I apologize to the Auburn Family & football team. My family and I should not let the way we have been treated by a few define us.#wde

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports 14h14 hours ago

Trial date rescheduled for former baseball coach Sunny Golloway's wrongful termination lawsuit https://trib.al/pUIOFSn

jbcarol

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Auburn, former baseball coach Sunny Golloway reach settlement in wrongful termination lawsuit  https://trib.al/cGYg7Sh

DeltaBoy

WOW what a mess I hope the man got payed well.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.