Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jay Jacobs may not make it at Aubbie... I wonder what this means for Gus

Started by SemperHawg, September 30, 2017, 07:11:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AubFaninArk

About the same if 8-4 includes a win over UGA or Bama...he probably stays.  If not, he is likely gone.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Jimbob111

Some fan bases demand more. Some fan bases settle for sub .500 overall records, sub .300 conference records, and $11 million dollar buyouts.  Some fan bases see their team win a National Championship then a couple of years later, play for it a second time while other fan bases see their team lose to Toledo, Rutgers x2, A&M x5, and Texas Tech while beating the mighty Utep and UT Martin.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

island hog

Sounds like it's more related to scandals and less, if anything, about football.

The Boar War

Probably means a free year (within reason) for Gus.  When it's all said and done Auburn's going to have to replace an AD and a complete Basketball coaching staff.  They're going to want to hire the AD first and they're not going to fire Malzahn midseason.

While I would offer that Gus hasn't produced like the Aubbie folks would have liked, he hasn't stunk the place up either.  They have been in the Championship race and won a Championship within the last 10 years and placed second in another and both had Gus in them.  8 wins should be the cellar at Auburn.  9 or 10 wins the norm and a Championship run every 6 or 7 years.  They are not that far off schedule.