Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Razorbuck Coin...

Started by Hog Ma n Pop, August 31, 2010, 02:31:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Ma n Pop

The mother n law stops by the other day and to my surprise brings me this coin.  I have searched the web and have been unsuccessful in finding any information about the coin.   She claims some rich guy in southern Arkansas had so many manufactured and his plans were to distribute them if we ever won a title again.  Guess I got mine early for the upcoming season.  The front of the coin reads- (Arkansas and Razorbuck).  The back of the coin reads- ( Arkansas dollar and one troy ounce .999 fine silver).  I'll attempt to attach some pics of the coin but should note I'm not computer savvy in case they don't make it.  Any info about the coin would be greatly appreciated.  Also,  if this is in the wrong forum I apologize.  Thanks-   
"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

DeltaBoy

COOL!  I would love to have one.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog Ma n Pop

"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

Johnny America

I can not help but it is pretty cool.
God is not real.

jmingram911

I definitely see a money-making opportunity with this! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ;)

Hog Ma n Pop

Quote from: jmingram911 on August 31, 2010, 04:34:03 pm
I definitely see a money-making opportunity with this! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ;)

or werewolf deterrent

wholehog92

Never seen or heard of em, but it's pretty cool.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Hog Ma n Pop on August 31, 2010, 02:31:55 pm
The mother n law stops by the other day and to my surprise brings me this coin.  I have searched the web and have been unsuccessful in finding any information about the coin.   She claims some rich guy in southern Arkansas had so many manufactured and his plans were to distribute them if we ever won a title again.  Guess I got mine early for the upcoming season.  The front of the coin reads- (Arkansas and Razorbuck).  The back of the coin reads- ( Arkansas dollar and one troy ounce .999 fine silver).  I'll attempt to attach some pics of the coin but should note I'm not computer savvy in case they don't make it.  Any info about the coin would be greatly appreciated.  Also,  if this is in the wrong forum I apologize.  Thanks-   

My grandpa had one to that my mother now has.  He got it from a bank in Little Rock but I can't remember which one.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

baitshop

It's worth a buck.....I'll give you 2 bucks..... ;)
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

98hogs

3pigsinafountain

If it is an actual oz of fine silver its commodity value, which fluxuates daily, is somewhere near $15.

Hog Ma n Pop

August 31, 2010, 09:25:25 pm #11 Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:32:20 pm by Hog Ma n Pop
Quote from: 98hogs on August 31, 2010, 08:46:44 pm
Seen them on Ebay several times

Recently?  I've searched ebay and only found one or two listings with a similar description, and no image was available for me to compare the coin that was being sold vs. the one I have.  Just saying I cant find anything substantial about this mystery coin.     

hogzilla3

Arkiebrian

I may have seen that at Hog Heaven?

Hog Ma n Pop

TheHawgFan

I just got one of these Razorbuck Coins today, my Dad had it with some silver he was getting ready to sale. He got it in the late 70's from First American National Bank in Little Rock.
!

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

ozarkshogfan

BASSNHAWG

Got it off ebay about 2 years ago for around $14. It's in a clear plastic sleeve with a little card that says "ONEBANK" in Little Rock.

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

GlassofSwine

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on August 31, 2010, 08:59:33 pm
If it is an actual oz of fine silver its commodity value, which fluxuates daily, is somewhere near $15.

Actually Silver has gone up quite a bit...currently the melt value is around 31-32 dollars and it was closer to 35 just a week ago and should go back up.

ozarkshogfan