Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 23, 2024, 05:38:23 am

All I want for 2018...

Started by oldbooniehog, February 10, 2018, 09:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

All I want for 2018 is for one men's sport at Arkansas to NOT be a huge disappointment.

I'm old enough that I should know better, and should expect disappointment as a Hog fan, for that has been our lot for the last 25 years or so.

And I remember the last time Arkansas was highly-regarded in baseball preseason, picked #1 overall in some polls, only to flame out and get eliminated early by Wichita State.

But all I want for 2018 is one time, just ONE time in a year starting with a 2 and a 0, for a highly-regarded Hog team to NOT be a flaming crater of a disappointment in its season.

Please, baseball, please.

Be that ONE TIME for me this year?

Please?

SPAL

Welcome to EI. It's good to have you and that you have high expectations and I'm in agreement, we all hope the baseball team lives up to and exceeds expectations....

With that said, you have a history on other forums here. I don't know if you're just like the rest of us and get discouraged or you're a troll or you just like to vent....I don't know. But, You can't get away with that here. We channel our frustrations and angst in a positive matter that makes for good discussion, not crapping all over everything.

But, I'm not gonna hold anything against anybody and everyone starts with a clean slate. I look forward to your baseball takes and the discussion you will bring to the board. Just make sure you understand what works here and what doesn't.  it's gonna be a fun year.

Go hogs.

oldbooniehog

Sir Pigs A Lot, looking at the last 20 years in football and basketball, where are there reasons for Hog fans to have hope?

In baseball there has been more life, but again the Arkansas trend in baseball for the last 20 years has been to get to edge of greatness, but fail.

The last Hog baseball team to be so-highly regarded in the preseason was a big disappointment.

I have been to Omaha to see the Hogs play in person twice since 2012. That's nice.

But I would really, really like for fans to say more than "That's Nice" about a Hog team.

Letsgohoggin

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 09:23:28 pm
Sir Pigs A Lot, looking at the last 20 years in football and basketball, where are there reasons for Hog fans to have hope?

In baseball there has been more life, but again the Arkansas trend in baseball for the last 20 years has been to get to edge of greatness, but fail.

The last Hog baseball team to be so-highly regarded in the preseason was a big disappointment.

I have been to Omaha to see the Hogs play in person twice since 2012. That's nice.

But I would really, really like for fans to say more than "That's Nice" about a Hog team.
Just be a fan and enjoy. It's a game. Games are fun

SPAL

I'm with you. Let's do this.

BroyledNutts

In the end all we can do as fans is give as much moral support as possible - make the visiting team as uncomfortable as possible - cheer the successes, and and console the short comings.
This means we sit, watch, and enjoy the skills, and the effort, of amateur young men [and women] trying their best to represent their team and their adopted fanbase in the best way they can. Sometimes that effort isn't good enough to win a championship or even a single game. That's just part of it ... if it sucks for us I can only imagine how it must suck for them some times ... seeing their best effort wasn't good enough that day, or maybe that they didn't give their best, and they know it.

But imagine also, if it's elation for us to see success, what it must feel like for them - something as individuals they may have worked for their entire lives.

All we can really do as fans is find the reasons to applaud the effort and enjoy the process ... and in a way, that's our job - our commitment - to them, for giving us a reason to watch and cheer in the first place.

hoghappy

I will go ahead and say that DVH runs the most consistent program at the University. Track is up there as well. I'm convinced with what I've seen the past couple of days that we will have a fun season. I don't know how we will finish, but but we should be having fun all season.

Pudgepork

We all have been drawn into high hopes by the easy non conference schedules in both baseball and b-ball. Then conference starts and the losses pile up.  This years non conference schedule is tough. I think we fans and the baseball team will know what to expect by conference time