Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

102 days until the first game of the 2018 season-and counting

Started by JHicks3636, November 06, 2017, 01:04:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BroyledNutts

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

SPAL

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 01, 2018, 06:47:14 pm
just waiting to see who you have for 7 and 9.

Seems pretty obvious but I may have a surprise at 9

SPAL

This is actually one of my favorite threads on hogville. It's fun logging to see who we get each day.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 01, 2018, 07:40:26 pm
Seems pretty obvious but I may have a surprise at 9

i was thinking it might be a yankee/card or a pirate at nine, and a pen stripper definitely at seven.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

MissippHog

I'm putting all of my chips in on Laaaaa-rryy, Laaaaa-rryy for the 10 spot.

MissippHog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 01, 2018, 08:08:44 pm
i was thinking it might be a yankee/card or a pirate at nine, and a pen stripper definitely at seven.
Pen stripper?!  I didn't know we were bringing Anna Benson into this  :o

CJ HOG

Only 14 days to go!!! Our favorite season is within sight!

"Give me two dimes on the Hogs to make the series..."

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

pigture perfect

2 weeks from right now, we should be in the middle of a classic game thread. Oh, man. Can't wait.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Wisco Pig

BroyledNutts

Capt. Hamm

SPAL

SPAL

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

zane

RIP LSUfan

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

SPAL

SPAL

MissippHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 06, 2018, 05:54:18 am
My favorite player of my generation.....the GOAT
One of the better swings in baseball as well, especially for a switch hitter.

BroyledNutts

ricepig

SPAL

Even New York fans appreciate and respect the guy.....

I loved the Braves and Mets Rivalry.....and so did Chipper. He named his son Shea. He loved the fans and they did their best to get under his skin. But ultimately, if you ask a Mets fan....they admired him too.

BroyledNutts

Well, with SPAL's permission, I'll quietly add ... probably my favorite #10 of all time ....

BroyledNutts

And you can't forget the Cockroach ... who could've appeared in this countdown 3 separate times ...

Kevin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 06, 2018, 04:40:19 pm
Well, with SPAL's permission, I'll quietly add ... probably my favorite #10 of all time ....

one of my favorite players. he was just a ball player.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

SPAL

Wisco Pig

Wisco Pig

SPAL

Giving you cardinal fans a nod....because TP is a brave.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

flippinhogmana

Wisco Pig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on February 07, 2018, 12:30:48 pm
is that enos slaughter?

The black-and-white photo that SPAL posted?  That is a very young Ted Williams.  Specifically, it's the picture on his 1939 Play Ball rookie card.  The card is worth thousands of dollars.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 07, 2018, 12:57:16 pm
The black-and-white photo that SPAL posted?   That is a very young Ted Williams.   Specifically, it's the picture on his 1939 Play Ball rookie card.   It's worth thousands of dollars.

well he along with Roger Maris and I believe Enos Slaughter wore the number

SPAL

BroyledNutts

My apologies to Jacob Julius, Jacob House, and Monk Kreder ... I could not find photos of these former Razorback #9s to post ...

BroyledNutts

Was it Jacob House that hit the bottom of the 9th Centerfield Salami to walk off South Carolina 12-11? May 9, 2008?

That was the game my wife surprised me with turn back scout tickets - got to sit with the pro scouts behind home plate - had to drive to Little Rock that night after the game and fireworks, and by the time we got there I had determined myself to buy season tickets. There was no way I was missing another game like that because I didn't have a ticket.

MissippHog

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

SPAL

Big Nasty 34

Kevin