Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

grad transfer

Started by I mustache you a question, February 20, 2017, 12:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I mustache you a question

"I have 2 weapons; my arms, my legs and my brain." – Michael Vick

HogMantheIntruder

Seems like we get one every year. I'll take this one in a heartbeat!
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hey Super

Anyone know the chances of us actually landing him? He was a 4* on rivals out of HS with a reallllyyyy nice offer list.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

sickboy

Hey, mook called it. Looks like we're in the running, at the very least.

Deep Shoat

Only SEC school in the mix, but word has been he wants west coast.
All Gas, No Brakes!

factchecker

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 20, 2017, 12:49:49 pm
Only SEC school in the mix, but word has been he wants west coast.

I noticed this as well.

It would be awesome (super awesome) if he chooses us BUT at least we don't have to play him if he doesn't.

I don't expect us to get him but let's see if we can get him on campus and sell him on playing time.

Do we know what he plans to focus on in grad school?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HogFansReunited

I highly doubt we land him but if we do, wow.  This would be a huge pick up and would help our defense a tremendously.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

King Kong

Glad to be in the running. Won't get my hopes up just yet however

Deep Shoat

Quote from: King Kong on February 20, 2017, 01:52:05 pm
Glad to be in the running. Won't get my hopes up just yet however
I wouldn't.  But we have a chance!
All Gas, No Brakes!

King Kong

I'd sale him on the fact he would be going against Pro Football Focus's Offensive lineman for the year

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on February 20, 2017, 02:10:19 pm
I'd sale him on the fact he would be going against Pro Football Focus's Offensive lineman for the year

Well, after playing in the championship game the last two years, I'm sure that will clinch it! Truthfully, anything we can do to help get him here works for me.

Erockster20

Why would he leave Clemson?  Defending NC's.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Erockster20 on February 20, 2017, 02:20:07 pm
He's out of eligibility at Clemson.
All Gas, No Brakes!

ricepig

presidenthog

Anybody know why this guy is leaving Clemson? If he is a top 10 DT why doesn't he just stay, and get drafted?

bennyl08

Quote from: presidenthog on February 20, 2017, 02:49:37 pm
Anybody know why this guy is leaving Clemson? If he is a top 10 DT why doesn't he just stay, and get drafted?

Well, to stay, he has to be a student. He's been there long enough that he has graduated.

Case 1: He isn't good enough to get into grad school there so he has no choice but to go somewhere else.
Case 2: He could stay at Clemson, but he actually cares about academics and wants to go somewhere with a better grad program.
Case 3: He could stay at Clemson, but he actually cares about the environment that he is in and doesn't like being there and is using this as his chance to play somewhere else.
Case 4: He could stay at Clemson, but you learn different things from different coaches. He wants to learn as much as he can before possibly going to the NFL so he's using this as his chance to be part of a different team with different coaches.
Case 5: He doesn't think he'll play there much in the future and is using this this as his chance to go somewhere where his odds of playing time are higher.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

The_Bionic_Pig

Oklahoma, Cal, Oregon, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Texas and Arkansas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Wouldn't he just need to take 12 hours on another degree, there's no rule to my knowledge that say you must pursue a master's degree in order to b eligible.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ricepig

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 20, 2017, 03:00:47 pm
Thanks Rice I'll combine the post...

It's probably more accurate in MMQB, I just figured a one stop shopping place would be best.

ricepig

My next question, how many official visits can he take?

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 03:09:12 pm
My next question, how many official visits can he take?

He can take 5

ricepig

bennyl08

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 02:58:00 pm
Wouldn't he just need to take 12 hours on another degree, there's no rule to my knowledge that say you must pursue a master's degree in order to b eligible.

Well, he is seeking a grad transfer. Since I'm not sure on the rule:

Case ß: He could go for a post-bacc degree at Clemson, but he cares enough about his future that he'll only accept graduate work as a student athlete rather than going for a 2nd undergrad degree.

* http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/academic-outcomes-division-i-postgraduate-student-athletes
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pigsknuckles

Shoot, I would take a sideline equipment manager transfer if he came from Clemson.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

King Kong

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on February 20, 2017, 03:43:33 pm
Shoot, I would take a sideline equipment manager transfer if he came from Clemson.

Those might be the bagmen.

goodguytex

Would definitely improve our defense if we could get him.

The Great Hambino

He's not out of eligibility at Clemson. He is wanting to start somewhere. He is from Hawaii and wants to go closer to home. His eventual plan is to end up hack in Hawaii coaching, either after the NFL or after college if he doesn't catch on in the NFL.

Qadi999

Saw somewhere he would be splitting time next year with TWO other Talented  DT's and he is looking for more playing time.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Wildhog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 20, 2017, 06:29:31 pm
He has graduated.

He is a grad transfer.

Graduating doesn't mean you're out of eligibility at a school.  It just gives you the opportunity to transfer without penalty, if you still have eligibility.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 20, 2017, 06:29:31 pm
He has graduated.

He is a grad transfer.

But he isn't out of eligibility at Clemson.

Hawgar The Horrible

Gruden. The uncut version.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 07:07:17 pm
But he isn't out of eligibility at Clemson.
They probably pushed him through.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 20, 2017, 07:24:04 pm
They probably pushed him through.

Well, he needs to finish his education on the Hill.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 07:31:59 pm
Well, he needs to finish his education on the Hill.
Yeah, I'd say give him a semester and see if he can cut it academically.

If he is a good as advertised, he could mean 2 more wins for us this coming season.  A great D lineman, a real stopper, could nearly assure, IF USED CORRECTLY, a much easier path to winning and likely create a win where defeat was very likely.  We need such a person on our team.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 20, 2017, 07:33:55 pm
Yeah, I'd say give him a semester and see if he can cut it academically.

Hmm, how about the summer and the fall term?

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2017, 07:47:01 pm
Hmm, how about the summer and the fall term?
Sure, why not?  He may need that extra class time.

porkurina

Isn't Terryville Don Phillips their AD?   Maybe he is a whisper in his ear.

PonderinHog

Quote from: porkurina on February 20, 2017, 08:24:22 pm
Was.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He retired several years ago. CBB however is friends with Dabo. Maybe that helped us

ricepig

Retired several years ago, 2012.

RebelliousHog

Not going to turn down a quality player, but judging from his low number of tackles, I would guess he wasn't a starter this year. He started 9 games in '15. Didn't Clemson bring in some really great young players this yer?
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Erockster20 on February 20, 2017, 02:20:07 pm

Pagano's situation is similar to Chad Kelly's situation at Clemson.  Just too much elite talent in front of Pagano on the Clemson depth chart (5 Star Defensive Tackles, Wilkins and Lawrence).

Kelly left and was an All-Conference player on a middle-of-the-pack SEC team (Ole Miss).  If the Hogs land Pagano, Pagano could be the best Defensive Lineman for the Hogs the minute he steps foot on campus.

You know a football program is loaded when they have become a feeder to other schools regarding talent who can't quite break through because of elite talent who is ahead of them.  Must be a nice problem to have.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 20, 2017, 10:02:00 pm
Pagano's situation is similar to Chad Kelly's situation at Clemson.  Just too much elite talent in front of Pagano on the Clemson depth chart (5 Star Defensive Tackles, Wilkins and Lawrence).

Kelly left and was an All-Conference player on a middle-of-the-pack SEC team (Ole Miss).  If the Hogs land Pagano, Pagano could be the best Defensive Lineman for the Hogs the minute he steps foot on campus.

You know a football program is loaded when they have become a feeder to other schools regarding talent who can't quite break through because of elite talent who is ahead of them.  Must be a nice problem to have.   

I'm not quite sure I would call Clemson a feeder program because one guy left (questionably for trouble I thought?) and became a mid tier SEC QB among a team littered with paid for studs that couldn't beat Arkansas.  But nice try Clemson boy