Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Brandon Allen be the next Tom Brady?

Started by snoot hoggy hog, February 16, 2017, 10:16:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

biglewhog77

hog.goblin

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 23, 2017, 08:55:44 pm
Gronk?  Please tell me how many catches he had in this super bowl?

Same number as Jerry Rice in Joe's first 2

LZH

Quote from: hawgdavis on February 22, 2017, 07:14:49 pm
Joe was the best clutch QB I've ever seen. Think about asking his team is that John Candy up there and then taking them down the field for the win with like 1:30 to go.

I don't believe that was an impromptu thing. I think he saw John Candy well before then and just said that in the huddle to calm everyone down. I mean, out of thousands of people what are the odds of spotting one guy from across the field at that exact moment? Jmo.

Pork Twain

February 24, 2017, 10:06:03 am #103 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:03:15 pm by Pork Twain
As hard as it is to compare BA to TB, it is also difficult to compare TB to qbs of eras gone by.  When Montana and Bradshaw played, teams did not have to deal with free agency and could hoard their talent and build dynasties.  Look at the consistent weapons Joe and Terry had on both offense and defense.  What Brady and NE have done in the era of free agency is nothing short of amazing.  That is very evident by the fact that numerous other teams have come to challenge them and then fade into nothing, while NE just continues to let players walk and replace them with castoffs.  It is hard for my Dallas Cowboys loving hands to type this

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/28/10841708/joe-montana-terry-bradshaw-and-tom-brady-super-bowl-passing-charts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/155771-joe-montana-vs-steve-young-an-extensive-look-inside-the-numbers

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hawgdavis

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 22, 2017, 09:56:04 pm
I can think of 210 reasons against him being in the conversation to only 212 him being in it

Just having a little fun but as a whole that team was as good as any team to ever step on the field and changed as needed for the personnel they had on offense each SB win they had.

hawgdavis

Quote from: LZH on February 24, 2017, 07:05:26 am
I don't believe that was an impromptu thing. I think he saw John Candy well before then and just said that in the huddle to calm everyone down. I mean, out of thousands of people what are the odds of spotting one guy from across the field at that exact moment? Jmo.

That's what I meant but he waited till that moment to do it and it worked out pretty good. Just listen to the player interviews later about it, it completely caught them off guard and to a man said that moment of levity was just what they needed and it calmed them down and the rest is history. The players said he was cool under pressure.

Reminds me of Matt Jones he was cool as a cucumber in pressure situations just didn't posses the other tools unfortunately that Joe had

MTBrookHog

Brandon will have to pull a Dak Prescott. Once he gets the opportunity, he will need to be extremely successful and show the owner on down to the fans that he is the man.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on February 17, 2017, 08:20:14 am
If he plays in the league for 10 years, that will be success. 

If he plays in a pre-season game, that will be success ... Brandon has every potential to become the next Clint Stoerner in the NFL ...

hog.goblin

Quote from: BroyledNutts on February 26, 2017, 12:55:31 am
If he plays in a pre-season game, that will be success ... Brandon has every potential to become the next Clint Stoerner in the NFL ...

You mean like last year when he led the team in passing in 2 of the 4 preseason games?

BroyledNutts

Quote from: hog.goblin on February 26, 2017, 11:14:55 am
You mean like last year when he led the team in passing in 2 of the 4 preseason games?

Exactly ... pre-season will probably be the extent of his career.

Hogs958

jcbville

Brandon has as good a chance as any. Takes luck, will, and timing. Hard parts over he's there. Now if he can get a little lightning in a bottle action. Predicting successful QBs in the NFL is a suckers game though.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

texhog22

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on February 16, 2017, 10:16:43 pm
I know this article doesn't compare the two, but Allen has an eerily similar path to TB. He was never fully appreciated in college, not picked until the sixth round, and he's playing behind someone that was drafted as the future of the franchise ala Bledsoe. This is the right recipe to put some fire in Allen's gut. Guess we will have to wait and see.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-brandon-allen-may-be-the-future-at-quarterback-021217
Don't know that its "eerily" simular. I would say "kind of" simular. Maybe!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.