Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALDS: Royals Sweep Angels

Started by popcornhog, October 02, 2014, 10:11:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

October 02, 2014, 10:11:44 pm Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 10:36:09 pm by popcornhog
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about the AL Wildcard game. I don't know how many of you stayed up to watch it, but damn! It's been crazy up here in KC all week, starting with the Chiefs destruction of Tom Brady and now with the playoffs.

Anyway -- Game 1 against the Angels has been entertaining thus far.

2-2 Bottom 7th.

Hosmer and Aoki have made a couple of great defensive plays to keep the Angels at bay. The Angels have scored off of two solo HR's.
WPS

pigture perfect

2 mistakes for KC pitching = 2 Angel runs. Royals playing fun baseball.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

Moustakis with a lead off HR to take a 3-2 lead in the top of the 11th.
WPS

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

clutch

I watched the whole dang game and fell asleep between the bottom of the 10th and top of 11th inning. Dang west coast games.

gutshot

KC stole one against Weaver.  That could be a huge momentum swinger.  PP is right, they are fun to watch. 

jrulz83

The Royals are a fun team to watch. The Athletics had no answer for their running game in the Wild Card and the game last night was a great game all around. It was one of those games that neither team really deserved to lose. Like Scioscia said, the Royals won that game with 4 great defensive plays. I hope that continues to be a fun series to watch.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

pigture perfect

When the Royals get back to Kaufman It will be really wild. The Angels crowd was not impressive at all. Those rowdy Royals are likely to be the difference.

mhuff

Quote from: clutch on October 03, 2014, 07:02:19 am
I watched the whole dang game and fell asleep between the bottom of the 10th and top of 11th inning. Dang west coast games.

LOL   I did that the other night. The Cards were up 6-2 in the 7th. I fell asleep ,woke up three hours later. The replay was on and the score was tied 6-6. Of course I had to stay up and see who won. Go Cards

clutch

Quote from: mhuff on October 03, 2014, 11:51:53 am
LOL   I did that the other night. The Cards were up 6-2 in the 7th. I fell asleep ,woke up three hours later. The replay was on and the score was tied 6-6. Of course I had to stay up and see who won. Go Cards

Glad tonight is a west coast game though. I'm a high school coach so I have to go to a football game. There will still be plenty of game left by the time I get home.

pigture perfect

But you will miss the Cards. Doesn't sound like a fair swap to me.

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 03, 2014, 03:15:43 pm

What time is the Cards game? I thought it was the late game?

clutch

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 03, 2014, 03:15:43 pm

Dang. Just saw the game times. I thought the Cards had the late game. Well this sucks. Hopefully I can keep my mind in the game tonight and not wondering off into postseason baseball land. Going to be especially hard since we are playing quite possibly one of the worst teams in the state. One of those game where you have to coach to not score 100 points on them.

popcornhog

Royals up 1-0 in game 2. Top 3rd.

Lead off base hit
WPS

jrulz83

jrulz83

The Royals scored 3 in the top of the 11th, 4-1 KC. KC is a really fun team to watch.

pigture perfect

What a game. Royals are definitely fun to watch.

popcornhog

I'm going to game 3 tomorrow. I'll be wearing my Cardinals hat but I'm considering buying a Royals T shirt.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on October 04, 2014, 01:21:36 pm
I'm going to game 3 tomorrow. I'll be wearing my Cardinals hat but I'm considering buying a Royals T shirt.

Slow your roll.  :)

Nah I'd buy one, but I own 2 Cubs hats.

pigture perfect

popcornhog

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 04, 2014, 02:25:41 pm
Let us know where you'll be sitting.

Section 236. I decided to go with Cardinals hat and shirt but I will be cheering for the Royals.
WPS

popcornhog

WPS

dhornjr1

jrulz83

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 05, 2014, 07:58:47 pm

:puke:

I didn't say I bought them. I didn't even pick them out. Two different people in my life thought it "funny" to give me a Cubs hat. Needless to say I divorced them both.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 05, 2014, 08:42:46 pm
I didn't say I bought them. I didn't even pick them out. Two different people in my life thought it "funny" to give me a Cubs hat. Needless to say I divorced them both.

But you kept them.

What's up with that?

clutch

That royals team is fun to watch. Bet it was an awesome atmosphere tonight. They've been waiting on this for a LONG time.

jrulz83

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 05, 2014, 10:16:13 pm

But you kept them.

What's up with that?

The same reason you hang on to your hate of Don Denkinger.  :)

jrulz83

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:22:52 pm
That royals team is fun to watch. Bet it was an awesome atmosphere tonight. They've been waiting on this for a LONG time.

I did not see them sweeping the Halos.

hawkhawg

clutch

Baltimore has been waiting on a ALCS for a long time too. Next series is going to be amazing at both stadiums. Not long ago if you would have said that the ALCS was going to be Baltimore and Kansas City you'd have been laughed out of the room.

clutch

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 05, 2014, 10:24:12 pm
I did not see them sweeping the Halos.

I didn't either. I think this goes back to them having to fight for their life at the end and the Halos being in cruise control the past few weeks. The Royals have been in postseason mode for weeks now.

dhornjr1

Quote from: jrulz83 on October 05, 2014, 10:23:04 pm
The same reason you hang on to your hate of Don Denkinger.  :)

My hatred of Denkinger and the Royals is always with me. I don't need to keep a shirt to remind me. :D

popcornhog

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:22:52 pm

Traffic on I-70 is pretty awesome right now too.
WPS

clutch

Since I'm only 26 I'll be seeing something I've never seen in my life in the ALCS. Either the O's or Royals as league champions.

Edit: just remembered I'm 27.

clutch

jrulz83

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 05, 2014, 10:30:21 pm
My hatred of Denkinger and the Royals is always with me. I don't need to keep a shirt to remind me. :D

I do though, I keep them to remind me of the pain in the moments. It makes me stronger.  :)

popcornhog

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:36:37 pm
I bet.

The whole city is insane right now. The fountains are all flowing with blue water. Everyone is wearing Royals gear.

I can't tell you how many strangers have given me (friendly) darn for wearing my Cards hat lately. Most people around here are hoping for another I-70 Series. I'd love it.
WPS

clutch

Quote from: popcornhog on October 05, 2014, 10:40:29 pm
The whole city is insane right now. The fountains are all flowing with blue water. Everyone is wearing Royals gear.

I can't tell you how many strangers have given me (friendly) darn for wearing my Cards hat lately. Most people around here are hoping for another I-70 Series. I'd love it.

I'm sure they aren't even worried about the chiefs losing today. Right now they are in full on Royals mode.

popcornhog

Quote from: clutch on October 05, 2014, 10:42:35 pm
I'm sure they aren't even worried about the chiefs losing today. Right now they are in full on Royals mode.

That's actually true. And my oh my did the Chiefs blow that game with the penalty for too many on the field. Pathetic.
WPS